+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application is approved but Letter of Introduction/Correspondence Letter not provided

mmclub

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Hello,

My application was approved on August 3. I received a request to submit passport for stamping. It is now 6 days since I got the approval but haven't received the Letter of Introduction/Correspondence Letter yet. Interestingly, when I sent a Case Specific Enquiry with a request for the letter, they wrote back that the information is available online and not required. I understand that.

Is there anyone else who is in a similar situation? Have you heard of anyone who faced issue boarding a plane for not having this letter? I will print the email the embassy sent but just wanted to be sure if this is normal.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
You never know if someone at departure airport or airlines asks for it. It would be hard time explaining them. I would take a screenshot or printout of that message to be on safer side.

Reactions: mmclub

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Yes only problem can be on your country airport side, so try and check with airline or even airport if you can board without it.

nitish9113

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Hello,

My application was approved on August 3. I received a request to submit passport for stamping. It is now 6 days since I got the approval but haven't received the Letter of Introduction/Correspondence Letter yet. Interestingly, when I sent a Case Specific Enquiry with a request for the letter, they wrote back that the information is available online and not required. I understand that.

Is there anyone else who is in a similar situation? Have you heard of anyone who faced issue boarding a plane for not having this letter? I will print the email the embassy sent but just wanted to be sure if this is normal.
u applied online or offline and date of applying

choubisahit

Jun 1, 2018
Hello,

You will get that once your passport get stamped.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
have you seen that happening to anyone before? i mean anyone receiving confirmation letter after passport stamped?
Yes, some folks in the forum have mentioned that they were able to download LOI (from GCKey account) after few days of receiving their passport.

MrBoombastic

Jun 14, 2018
Is your counterfoil issued? I got a correspondence letter as soon as the counterfoil number was issued and was reflecting in my GCkey. I had also applied online.

leonardasobo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hello,

PLEASE CAN YOU SHARE US YOUR EXPERIENCE HOW YOU DID TO GET YOUR VISA. I APPLIED ON THE 10 OF JULY GOT REFUSED ON THE 3RD OF AUGUST . HERE IS THE REASON
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision,
Iconsidered several factors, including:

personal
assets
and
financial
status

purpose
of
visit