+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application in singapore - police report worry

zain

Sep 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,

i'm new to this..hope to get some help arnd here from the experienced ones..

my wife is sponsoring me from canada under the spouse category...she is there right now..

we got all the documents ready..only confusing part is the police report from singapore...

i been in two places since 18 yrs old..1st in lahore pakistan..2nd in singapore..

can someone help me if i need to submit the police report from singapore now or will they request for it..as on the website it says submit it...and the embassy says they will request for it..

thanks guys for any info...

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
you have to obtain the police reports....and submitt them with the application.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Singapore will not issue you a police certificate. They will tell you that you need a letter from the Canadian embassy and only then will they issue it and send it directly to the embassy, you will not get it yourself. So you can't get it until after you've applied and the embassy requests for it.

I would suggest explaining that on a piece of paper, saying you'll be happy to provide it once they request it but you can't get it before then and attaching that with your application.

zain

Sep 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks guys...but i've read some conflicting replies in other forums..that's y am abit confused..they say that singapore office requests for it later on in the process....

thanks anyways guys..

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
Hi there

I was from Singapore and worked for the Singapore Police Force so I can share with you how it is going to be done. I am a Permanent Resident now in Canada.
Before you can apply for a criminal record application from Singapore, you need a letter with Canadian Immigration letterhead
stating that you need to apply a criminal record. Upon doing that, you may need at least an AIP (first stage of approval) from CIC (Canadian Immigration) or Work Permit or letter stating that you are currently applying Permanent Residence in Canada. After receiving that, you MUST go to the local Canadian RCMP main office to get your
fingerprints done because you NEED the fingerprint done ($30 to get it done) for the application to the Singapore Police No
Criminal record. http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/index.htm < - click here to get it done. There is a Singapore currency of $50.
It has to be a bank draft/cheque going to Singapore Head of Criminal department. It takes two weeks to be done.
If you have any inquiries please do not hesitate to reply this.

zain

Sep 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heya elfut..thanks for your reply..i understand abt the letter from canadian embassy part...

my issue is that my wife hasn't submitted the application yet in canada...all i need to know is..do i need to submit the sg police report now(if yes then will i be able to get the immigration letterhead now?) with the whole application or is singapore office gonna send me a letter to request it at a later date and i submit my papers 'without' the singapore report for the time being?

hope am not confusing you dude...thanks...

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
One more time... Singapore will send you a letter once they start processing your application. Until then, just include a note in the application explaining you'll be happy to provide the police certificate once it's requested but can't do so until then. When the certficate is issued, it will be send directly to the embassy.