+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application got rejected!

vgautam

Aug 26, 2014
My express entry application just got rejected. The reason was that i did not submit the PCC for my stay in US.
i stayed in US for 182 days but the guide says 6 months or more so i was confused because technically 6 months would be 182.5 days.

What can i do next? Anyone with similar experience?

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
My express entry application just got rejected. The reason was that i did not submit the PCC for my stay in US.
i stayed in US for 182 days but the guide says 6 months or more so i was confused because technically 6 months would be 182.5 days.

6 X 30 = 180.

Reactions: wan11knu and gurik

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Six months is 180 days. Also, CIC often asks people for PCCs when they are close to the six month limit. People with 5 months and more can be asked - though of course their applications are not rejected if they don't submit since they are following the rules, and not everyone is asked.

It's generally a good idea to get a PCC if you stayed in a country for more than five months, and absolutely necessary if you stayed in a country for 180 days or more.

In your case, you are clearly past the six month limit and absolutely had to submit the PCC.

There's nothing you can do besides reentering the pool and waiting to be invited again. In the meanwhile, make sure you apply to the FBI for your PCC.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016

May i ask what was your stream and aor date

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would recommend applying again with FBI PCC

SJR_Spencer

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question with regards of PCC :
I stayed in KSA until I was 19 then I moved to canada by 19.
Do I need to apply for PC from KSA ?
I'd say you are better off submitting that than worrying if you haven't. And come to think of it, I think you will need to anyway because you have stayed there after you turned 18.

lolololohyeah

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear this but I think it is very legit to ask you for US PCC, as CIC wont buy your theory like 2 days to "6 months". The whole purpose is you stayed long enough for them to initiate background checks, that 2 days does not make any difference.

CANPR12

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Sorry to hear that! The best course of action is to re enter the Express Entry pool with all the required documentation. (FBI PCC). All the best!

vreddy

Jul 4, 2017
One of my friend has a similar issue and rejected the application.Once he applied FBI , he got PR in 45-50 days while for others it took 80 days.

you can get FBI PCC with Fingerprint services and he got in 2 days

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
I had similar issue as yours and our application got rejected in just 6 days after AOR. Though I had submitted PCC from that country, but the period was wrong and clearance was missing for around 9 months. We got the new PCC and faxed + emailed our new PCC with explanation letter to CPC Ottawa. Our application was reopened after 1 month of time. So no need to go back to pool again, if you can get the PCC in few days time.