+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Visit Visa or Open Work Permit on Spouse Basis..?

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hello Friends,
Need Suggestions about applying for spouse visa. As per my knowledge spouse visa is not a official visa name. Either it could be a Visit visa or Open Work Permit (OPW). Am I true???

History: My wife is doing Ph.D in University of Saskatchewan on fully funded scholarship from one of the Pakistani Public Sector University under faculty development program (FDP).

My Profile: I am working in Saudi Arabia as Project Engineer in a company. I want to join my family permanently in Canada. Future Intentions are to return Pakistan as She has to serve her job in Government University. For me future employment prospects are also better in engineering fields in Pakistan.

My questions are;
1. Which type of Visa I should apply?? Open Work Permit or Visit Visa??
2. Bank Statement of which country I can attach Pakistan or Saudi Arabia?? Or both?
3. My wife give birth to a baby in Canada this month. Should my wife mention his birth in Invitation Letter that his father availability is necessary to manage him that will support her in perusing study in a better way?
4. Should I mention in my SOP that its necessary to be there to help in taking proper care of the baby so that she can focus on her study?

Best Regards,

hussain-lala

Nov 7, 2013
Hello Friends,
Need Suggestions about applying for spouse visa. As per my knowledge spouse visa is not a official visa name. Either it could be a Visit visa or Open Work Permit (OPW). Am I true???

History: My wife is doing Ph.D in University of Saskatchewan on fully funded scholarship from one of the Pakistani Public Sector University under faculty development program (FDP).

My Profile: I am working in Saudi Arabia as Project Engineer in a company. I want to join my family permanently in Canada. Future Intentions are to return Pakistan as She has to serve her job in Government University. For me future employment prospects are also better in engineering fields in Pakistan.

My questions are;
1. Which type of Visa I should apply?? Open Work Permit or Visit Visa??
2. Bank Statement of which country I can attach Pakistan or Saudi Arabia?? Or both?
3. My wife give birth to a baby in Canada this month. Should my wife mention his birth in Invitation Letter that his father availability is necessary to manage him that will support her in perusing study in a better way?
4. Should I mention in my SOP that its necessary to be there to help in taking proper care of the baby so that she can focus on her study?

Best Regards,
SOWP will take more than 6 months to process. Visitor visa maybe approved between 30-50 days.
Not sure about funds question but applying from another country generally gives negative impact to Home ties situation.
Yes, it’s very much logical that you join your wife at this crucial movement and the VO will give consideration to this factor positively in my opinion