Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
Hello,
Processing an Immigration Application is quite tough. We shared the same feelings when I’m one of you guys waiting for my application last year. It seems the days are longer for uncertain fate that awaits us. But despite of that, I overcome with it.
This forum has a great help to me in a midst of my agony of waiting. Those people that I don’t know became my friends. Sharing their stories, experiences that make me feel that I’m not alone and be inspired to keep on upon reading those successful people got their VISA.
I’ve promised to myself that once I got approved, I will spend time here in this forum answering those applicant’s queries and trying my best to answer on the best of my capabilities.
I’ve been here in Canada for almost a year now. For those people who just started their application, keep the faith in you. It’s quite a long journey ahead of you. And to those applicant’s who need an opinion, feel free to message me and I'm trying to help you guys as soon as I can.
Good Luck to all of you guys…. I want to here your stories soon.

Thank you :D

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
Sponsoring your family:
Spouses and dependent children—Who can apply
Your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children may be eligible to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents.

An application for Family Class sponsorship can be made if your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children live inside or outside Canada.

The first step is for you to apply as the sponsor. Both you, as the sponsor, and your relative must meet certain requirements.

Applicants for permanent residence must go through medical, criminal and background screening. Applicants with a criminal record may not be allowed to enter Canada. People who pose a risk to Canada’s security are also not allowed to enter Canada. Applicants may have to provide a certificate from police authorities in their home country. The Sponsor’s Guide for Family Class explains medical, criminal and background checks. For more information, go to the I Need To… section on the right-hand side of this page.

Conjugal partner
This category is for partners—either of the opposite sex or same sex—in exceptional circumstances beyond their control that prevent them from qualifying as common-law partners or spouses by living together.

A conjugal relationship is more than a physical relationship. It means you depend on each other, there is some permanence to the relationship and there is the same level of commitment as a marriage or a common-law relationship.

You may apply as a conjugal partner if:

•you have maintained a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for at least one year and you have been prevented from living together or marrying because of:
◦an immigration barrier
◦your marital status (for example, you are married to someone else and living in a country where divorce is not possible) or
◦your sexual orientation (for example, you are in a same-sex relationship and same-sex marriage is not permitted where you live)
•you can provide evidence there was a reason you could not live together (for example, you were refused long-term stays in each other’s country).
You should not apply as a conjugal partner if:

•You could have lived together but chose not to. This shows that you did not have the level of commitment required for a conjugal relationship. (For example, one of you may not have wanted to give up a job or a course of study, or your relationship was not yet at the point where you were ready to live together.)
•You cannot provide evidence there was a reason that kept you from living together.
•You are engaged to be married. In this case, you should either apply as a spouse once the marriage has taken place or apply as a common-law partner if you have lived together continuously for at least 12 months.

sethquasar

Mar 14, 2014
Hi Vinz,

Can you help me on my querries on same sex marriage? Kindly email me @ sethquasar@gmail.com
Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sethquasar said:
Hi Vinz,

Can you help me on my querries on same sex marriage? Kindly email me @ sethquasar @ gmail.com
Thank you!
That forum member hasn't been active for over two years. You are more likely to get help if you start a new thread and ask your questions.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
sethquasar said:
Hi Vinz,

Can you help me on my querries on same sex marriage? Kindly email me @ sethquasar @ gmail.com
Thank you!
If it is about the actual marriage, I cannot help you. If it is about your application, there is no difference in processing or what kind of proof you need to submit to prove your genuine relationship. If it is about your application, you can post in or read any thread on spousal sponsorship. There is no discriminating against gay marriage when applying for PR.