+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Permanent Residence

louieceram

Sep 15, 2009
Hi everyone!I was just wondering (and quite anxious) if anybody here ever had an experience like what I've got this morning.I had just filed my application for a permanent residence under live-in caregiver class 2 wks ago and i got a call from "Calgary Immigration" verifying my address and asked about my employment and working hours and where i spend my time on my weekends off.I wasn't so sure if that call was really from the immigration as unknown number has appeared on my cellphone and a "slang canadian accent"lady had spoken to me asking for my employer just to verify my address and stuff.i am a little concerned on why she had to know where i stay on the weekend and the name of my landlady.is the immigration still concerned about those kind of stuff or somebody just did this silly thing disguising to be calling from immigration.And lastly, I had mailed my application to Vegreville,Alberta Office but how come "calgary immigration has phoned me?Any help from you guys?thanks a lot.

Lollipop

Oct 19, 2009
I believe that someone is scamming you..CIC would never ask you such a thing.If they require additional info they would ask you via mail.You should be very careful who you give your personal details,just for the sake of ur own safety!!

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most likely a scam. Next time, ask for their full name, address, employee number and direct phone number.