+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Express Entry and Education verification

kiran16861

May 23, 2017
Hi ,

I am from India but currently doing my masters in US which is due to be completed in Dec 2019.Post which I wish to move to Canada as a Permanent Resident and start my life there as all of my family ,my two siblings are already there.

I want to start the process as soon as possible ,but I am confused about certain points and was looking for answers for the same.

Please help me with the answers..

a)I will have to get my education verification done.Which I can do for my undergrad (In India) but my masters is still in action and will be completed in Dec 2019.So does that mean that I can apply without the education verification of my Masters.

b) I can mention that I am currently pursuing my masters in the express entry file right?

c) Also does it make a negative impact that I am currently studying in US and want to move to Canada

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
a. Yes you can apply for Express Entry (Canadian PR) with only your undergrad completed and evaluated.

b. Yes you will have to mention on-going activity such as education, employment etc. So your master will show up as on-going.

c. No negative or positive impact on your PR where you complete your education or in which country. Master will only help you since it is an higher degree of education but not because of where you do it.