+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Osti79

Jan 9, 2022
Hi! I would like some help here as am getting some confusing answers .
Am referring to question 13 Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)

My hobby is to travel , I have travelled more than 21 countries , I have used 4 passports and mostly all full with countries stamps , 99% of the stamps are visitor visa stamps .. I have consulted an immigration consultant here in canada and he advised me to only mention the employment ones , and my country of birth and canada since am a PR .
Upon reading the reviews here am getting different answers as lot of members are saying include all your tourist visa ( visitor visas) into the chart , Iam confused as this will take me ages to go through each and every passport I have weird stamps from countries tbey don’t use English ranging from Myanmar , Chinese , south East Asia, and Russian federation , Saudi etc .. if am going to write it down it will take like 6-7 pages . I dunno what to do here and I need your advise !
Also I used to live and work in Singapore and used to travel every weekend to either Malaysia , Thailand , Vietnam , Australia , Taiwan etc , also when I working in dubai I used to travel to Qatar , Oman, Bahrain , Egypt, India Pakistan ,Nepal for couple of days tbey used to give me visa on arrival valid for 180 days and I used it to get in and out many times .
Same thing In europe I get visa on arrival in europe and I travel through Schengen countries , UK, Ireland etc

What shall I do here ?
Thank you sirs !!

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hi! I would like some help here as am getting some confusing answers .
Am referring to question 13 Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)

My hobby is to travel , I have travelled more than 21 countries , I have used 4 passports and mostly all full with countries stamps , 99% of the stamps are visitor visa stamps .. I have consulted an immigration consultant here in canada and he advised me to only mention the employment ones , and my country of birth and canada since am a PR .
Upon reading the reviews here am getting different answers as lot of members are saying include all your tourist visa ( visitor visas) into the chart , Iam confused as this will take me ages to go through each and every passport I have weird stamps from countries tbey don’t use English ranging from Myanmar , Chinese , south East Asia, and Russian federation , Saudi etc .. if am going to write it down it will take like 6-7 pages . I dunno what to do here and I need your advise !
Also I used to live and work in Singapore and used to travel every weekend to either Malaysia , Thailand , Vietnam , Australia , Taiwan etc , also when I working in dubai I used to travel to Qatar , Oman, Bahrain , Egypt, India Pakistan ,Nepal for couple of days tbey used to give me visa on arrival valid for 180 days and I used it to get in and out many times .
Same thing In europe I get visa on arrival in europe and I travel through Schengen countries , UK, Ireland etc

What shall I do here ?
Thank you sirs !!
In this specific question you just need to provide the countries where you have PR or citizenship. Most likely birth country. If you have PR or equivalent from any other country you should mention it.

No need to mention work related visits or pleasure trips either for this specific question.

Osti79

Jan 9, 2022
In this specific question you just need to provide the countries where you have PR or citizenship. Most likely birth country. If you have PR or equivalent from any other country you should mention it.

No need to mention work related visits or pleasure trips either for this specific question.
I beg you pardon , so you mean I don’t write down my tourist and visitor entries On question 13 and I only write down my employment / birth / refugee (if any) ?
The word visitor status is confusing me a lot

qwertyasdf

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hi guys, i have a question, if applying as a family and one person passes the test but the other doesn’t, will the whole family wait for that person to pass the test then continue in process? Thanks

tatotato

Dec 8, 2017
Hi! I've lived on the US from Abril/2015 to August/2019. I've became a PR on August/2019 and have since lived in Canada. Should I submit a FBI PCC? I'm about to start my citizenship process and this question has led me to be hanging in doubt.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
I beg you pardon , so you mean I don’t write down my tourist and visitor entries On question 13 and I only write down my employment / birth / refugee (if any) ?
The word visitor status is confusing me a lot
If you have more records Than max allowed, you should fill the work ones and birth country citizenship. Rest you can add in a letter of explanation

qwertyasdf

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hello, I have photos that I was going to use for a travel document but ended up not to… they have a stamp and signature at the back, can I use them for the citizenship application? Will they mind? Thanks

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hello, I have photos that I was going to use for a travel document but ended up not to… they have a stamp and signature at the back, can I use them for the citizenship application? Will they mind? Thanks
As long as they meet the specifications, you can.

Reactions: qwertyasdf

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
I moved to Canada Jan 2015 from the US and will be eligible to apply for citizenship in February .
My question is: Do I still need to submit FBI clearance?

You must provide a police certificate for each country or territory where you have been present for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18) for the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application” - this is quite confusing to me and I need clarification. TIA

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
@Rhbcc not sure why you're confused.
Only you know how much time you spent in USA since you came here. If at any point in the past 4 years you spent more than 6 months there in a row, give it, if you only went there for shorter periods, or not at all, you don't need to provide it.

Reactions: Rhbcc

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
@Rhbcc not sure why you're confused.
Only you know how much time you spent in USA since you came here. If at any point in the past 4 years you spent more than 6 months there in a row, give it, if you only went there for shorter periods, or not at all, you don't need to provide it.
Sorry was just confused with the wording. So i guess I dont need to give it if I have lived in the US 2008-2014 then moved to Canada 2015 because it not in the immediate 4 yrs before the date of my citizenship application right?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
I moved to Canada Jan 2015 from the US and will be eligible to apply for citizenship in February .
My question is: Do I still need to submit FBI clearance?

You must provide a police certificate for each country or territory where you have been present for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18) for the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application” - this is quite confusing to me and I need clarification. TIA
The english is plain and simple. In the 4 year period immediately before your application date, if you've stayed over 183 days in any country, you need to provide the police clearance certificate.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sorry was just confused with the wording. So i guess I dont need to give it if I have lived in the US 2008-2014 then moved to Canada 2015 because it not in the immediate 4 yrs before the date of my citizenship application right?
Trust yourself. January 2015 was more than 4 years ago. Only the last 4 years matter here.
Unless you went to US for 6 months in a row between September 2018 and today, you don't have to provide it.

nasir_jamshed

Mar 23, 2013
Hi guys, I am going to file the citizenship application online. It seems that the major difference is that paper application asks you to submit every single page of your passport, whereas the online one only asks for the bio page with your personal information. Is that correct or are there other differences? Do we have to send full copies of our passports and other documents physically as it doesn't ask for it when you do the online application? Any other pros and cons of applying paper vs online?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi guys, I am going to file the citizenship application online. It seems that the major difference is that paper application asks you to submit every single page of your passport, whereas the online one only asks for the bio page with your personal information. Is that correct or are there other differences? Do we have to send full copies of our passports and other documents physically as it doesn't ask for it when you do the online application? Any other pros and cons of applying paper vs online?
Asking the same question across several threads rarely helps you.