+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Would it affect my application if I select 'No' to the question 'I authorize IRCC to forward my personal information to my Member of Parliament '?
It's just for the office of that member of parliament to potentially send you a generic congrats letter after you become a citizen.
No other effect whatsoever.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hello folks, the ID requirements for the online application have changed since last I was checking, and now I'm trying to apply. I have a question.
The first ID that I can upload has to be either biopage of my passport, or PR card. The second ID, can be a variety of things (if I select PR card as first ID, it has to be issued by Canadian government, like health card or driver's license, but if I choose passport, it can be foreign or Canadian).
My question is, the requirement for the ID are that it must have a signature, but the PR card doesn't have a signature. So how can I upload PR card and health card? This is a weird change they made, I was hoping to just upload my driver's license and health card. My passport is expiring soon.
I think they probably updated one thing but forgot to update the other... is it OK if I go with my PR card + Ontario health card?

Last edited:

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
One more question. When uploading my photo, why does it say a maximum of 4 files can be uploaded? am I supposed to upload anything else there? The photographer receipt apparently used to be a thing people uploaded, but now they want their information typed in.

Amit_gupta143143

Star Member
May 7, 2021
Hi guys, anyone of you was asked to appear in an online interview through Microsoft teams? My interview is tomorrow morning and just wanted to know how to use Microsoft teams and connect with interviewer to start the interview?

Do we have to sign up/login on Microsoft teams or just click on the link provided on email and join as a guest?

Please reply. Thanks

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi guys, anyone of you was asked to appear in an online interview through Microsoft teams? My interview is tomorrow morning and just wanted to know how to use Microsoft teams and connect with interviewer to start the interview?

Do we have to sign up/login on Microsoft teams or just click on the link provided on email and join as a guest?

Please reply. Thanks
I have not done the citizenship interview, but used Microsoft Teams for my meetings in work. Just click on the linck and make sure your audio/video is working. Good luck!

vivo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Hi. Once AOR received, is the application connected to by Canada.ca account (where I applied for everything else from study permit to permanent residency)? How do I continue to follow the progress? Is it only via the ECAS form?

kyleshyro

Nov 14, 2018
Hello guys, Im about to submit my online application.

I have 4 questions:

1- Do I have to scan all pages in my passport? it says only the "

The bio page(s) has your information (for example, name, photo, and date of birth).

If your document has more than 1 bio page, upload them all as 1 file.

"
So I assume it's only the bio page. am I right?

2- Regarding employment: I had worked as a DoorDash delivery while in school, but I did not make enough money to get the T4 and declare tax for it, so should I include in my application that I worked there as well?

3- I worked at a bank for 1 week too, and got paid for it, should I declare it as well?

4- Uploading picture, So, I go to a photographer, ask him to take pictures, and write his name on the back.
But when I upload I only upload the digital one right? or should I scan the physical for the front and back?

Hope to hear from you

jamilz89

Mar 6, 2023
Hello Guys,
i want to ask regarding the English Proof . is a university degree in english certificate with transcript will be accepted ??

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Problem is that I never received the AOR email even though the other 3 members of my family did. Using ECAS, I have confirmed that they have received my application. Can I continue to monitor progress on ECAS?
You can continue, but citizenship tracker is best way to have the most updated information

Reactions: vivo

Amit_gupta143143

Star Member
May 7, 2021
Hi,
my language and physical presence is showing complete in my online account but prohibitions is still in process. Any idea why would it be so?
For those with LPP completed, did all 3 complete the same day or different dates please?

My timeline is -
AOR - March 16 (single, online)
FP and test request - Nov 14
FP done - Nov 15
Test done - Dec 3
BG check and test showing completed in tracker - Dec 9.
Passport photos asked & send - Dec 15
Online Interview - march 3
Language and physical presence complete - march 7

kyleshyro

Nov 14, 2018
Hi,
my language and physical presence is showing complete in my online account but prohibitions is still in process. Any idea why would it be so?
For those with LPP completed, did all 3 complete the same day or different dates please?

My timeline is -
AOR - March 16 (single, online)
FP and test request - Nov 14
FP done - Nov 15
Test done - Dec 3
BG check and test showing completed in tracker - Dec 9.
Passport photos asked & send - Dec 15
Online Interview - march 3
Language and physical presence complete - march 7
When you say Passport photos asked and sent, didn't you include them in your application? or it was a paper application?