Passport Req..
March 28 but sent on May 26, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I need some help and guidance here.

My brother in-law came here as a visitor and his visitor's status expired early September. He submitted an application for extension. He was also given a conditional acceptance at a college to study. Since March, he completed 4 prerequisite courses, that were required to meet the conditions for this program: Maths, English, Chemistry and Biology. He would like to apply for a study permit for Jan 2017. My question is, do you think that he is eligible to apply within Canada online or paper application in the United States. Assuming that he is eligible to apply for study permit outside Canada - United States, does anybody know how long it takes to process the study permit outside Canada. Please I need some help as we need this study permit to processed in the quickest time possible so that he can attend class come Jan 2017.

Thanks, Alice

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
Alice100 said:
Hi Everyone,

My brother in-law came here as a visitor and his visitor's status expired early September. He submitted an application for extension. He was also given a conditional acceptance at a college to study. Since March, he completed 4 prerequisite courses, that were required to meet the conditions for this program: Maths, English, Chemistry and Biology. He would like to apply for a study permit for Jan 2017. My question is, do you think that he is eligible to apply within Canada online or paper application in the United States. Assuming that he is eligible to apply for study permit outside Canada - United States, does anybody know how long it takes to process the study permit outside Canada. Please I need some help as we need this study permit to processed in the quickest time possible so that he can attend class come Jan 2017.

Thanks, Alice
I just got my study permit approved by applying inside Canada as visitor. I send paper application to USA.
He is eligible to apply from inside Canada. Not sure if he could do it online (some people take a short term language course first then they could apply online). But I sure he can sent paper application to la USA, and it takes 4 weeks to process.

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
Sept 2009 and March 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
March 28 but sent on May 26, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
Thanks for your response.

Would you please shade some light on the questions below:
- Did you send your passport with the application.
- How did you pay for the visa application - Money Order or Certified Cheque - Do they allow receipts paid online through cic
- Which courier service did you use and how much did you pay?
- Does the $36.09 include both application handling and visa application handling or do we have to pay for the passport handling separately
- So we send the application and fees to separate addresses - can you please help clarify, application is sent to El Sagundo, CA and fees including both VAC and study application are sent to Salt City, Utah.

Thanks in advance
Alice

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
Alice100 said:

- How did you pay for the visa application - Money Order or Certified Cheque - Do they allow receipts paid online through cic
- Does the $36.09 include both application handling and visa application handling or do we have to pay for the passport handling separately
- So we send the application and fees to separate addresses - can you please help clarify, application is sent to El Sagundo, CA and fees including both VAC and study application are sent to Salt City, Utah.

Thanks in advance
Alice
1. Yes I did
2.i paid the visa application fee online. Paid the vac services charge by bank draft
3. The application package was send by fedex, around $60(can't remember)
4. The 36.09USD is the vac services charge only, and you need to pay the application fee online.
5. You sent your vac services charge (bank draft or money order) to Salt Lake City, and paid your visa application fee online. Make sure include copy of your bank draft or money order for the service charge and the copy of your application fee receipt in your application package. Then sent the whole package to LA.
https://www.csc-cvac.com/en-us/selfservice/cvac_application_processing

Vac is not the visa office, they do not process your visa application, but they help u to verify your documents checklist

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
Alice100 said:

Thanks in advance
Alice
If you don't want the vac services, you can sent your application package directly to the visa office in LA, then you don't need to pay the services charge.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how.asp
Choose "apply on paper" then choose "from Canada"

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Hi
I have a question
Did you applied for visa ? Did your brother got the viss
Hi Everyone,

Thanks, Alice[/QUOTE

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Hi
I have a question
When you apply to LA student visa from inside Canada as a visitor
Did you get only study permit ?
Or LA STAMP student visa also on your passport ???.
Kindly reply
If you don't want the vac services, you can sent your application package directly to the visa office in LA, then you don't need to pay the services charge.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how.asp
Choose "apply on paper" then choose "from Canada"

amp0516

Feb 8, 2019
I just got my study permit approved by applying inside Canada as visitor. I send paper application to USA.
He is eligible to apply from inside Canada. Not sure if he could do it online (some people take a short term language course first then they could apply online). But I sure he can sent paper application to la USA, and it takes 4 weeks to process.
Hi micbinli1234, when you got your approval, did you leave Canada then reenter or you just went to the POE to have your study permit?

Thank you!

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Philippines.

Nope, coz I already had one when I extended my trv.

Did you apply for study permit too?
Yes I applied for study permit too
My biometric still valid
When you got your medical done ?
How many months ago ?