+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application filed in Buffalo with skilled category which is not in demand

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
Hello there

I filed my application with NOC code 2171(Information Systems Analysts and Consultants) But now I know that my NOC code is not in list of demands, does anybody know what happens to cases like this? I have already received file number and online status it shows in-process.

Details:
Filed in Buffalo on 15 Sept 2008
Received acknowledgment on 15 Dec 2008, and got file number.

jalams2000

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 July, 2005
Med's Done....
18 Nov. 2009
VISA ISSUED...
You may check your application's online status. Probably your file is received for processing. But you have to wait and see for sometimes.

Thanks.

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
rupeshhari,

How does Sydney comes in picture when I filed application in Buffalo for Canada immigration?
Or it is something new?

My impression is that since they have already given me file number that means they have accepted my application at least, otherwise they should have returned application with initial fees, is my assumption not correct here?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hs2501 said:
rupeshhari,

How does Sydney comes in picture when I filed application in Buffalo for Canada immigration?
Or it is something new?

My impression is that since they have already given me file number that means they have accepted my application at least, otherwise they should have returned application with initial fees, is my assumption not correct here?
1. If your application was filed after 02/08 assuming you applied as a skilled worker without working in Canada or having an AEO, it will be reviewed to see if your NOC is on the list of "38" . If it is not then either Buffalo will refuse it or it will be sent to Sydney for review, who will then refuse it.

PMM

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
Thanks PMM,

So you mean most probably my application will be rejected only?
I wonder in that case why they didn't returned my application and application fees? As I was hoping for that too happen but instead I got file number, does that mean I still have some chance? or will I get my fees back simply? Or even they won't return the fees :(

BTW I applied as skilled worker being outside from Canada and not having AEO. I applied using NOC code 2171(Information Systems Analysts and Consultants).

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
rupeshhari/PMM:
Sorry maybe I am asking too much, but is that certain that my application will be rejected if my applied NOC code is not in list of recent 38 NOC codes? If that is case, what is my options are? How about Alberta PNP? Can I go via that route?

hicham437

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
I sen my application on the 22 may. got my file number the 22 september. Still waiting for my refund and application.