+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application cancelled --Help Please

Rahulforya

May 21, 2017
Hi
Our application for PR was Cancelled as incomplete with the following reason:
"Your application does not include the following elements:- You have indicated that your province of destination is Quebec. To qualify as a federal skilled worker you must intend to live outside the province of Quebec."
We had chosen Quebec as our intended province of destination completely randomly. We have absolutely no ties with Quebec and was not aware that to qualify as a federal skilled worker we must intend to live outside the province of Quebec.
I know this is a mistake in our part but can anybody suggest what to do in this case?
We have submitted a new profile and awaiting next round of invitation. We will select Ontario this time if it gets selected. Do we need to mention about our cancelled application in the new one?. Do we need to separately state anything in the LOE? We are devastated with this ...any help or any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hi
"Your application does not include the following elements:- You have indicated that your province of destination is Quebec. To qualify as a federal skilled worker you must intend to live outside the province of Quebec."
We had chosen Quebec as our intended province of destination completely randomly. We have absolutely no ties with Quebec and was not aware that to qualify as a federal skilled worker we must intend to live outside the province of Quebec.
I know this is a mistake in our part but can anybody suggest what to do in this case?
We have submitted a new profile and awaiting next round of invitation. We will select Ontario this time if it gets selected. Do we need to mention about our cancelled application in the new one?. Do we need to separately state anything in the LOE? We are devastated with this ...any help or any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Sorry to hear this. Nothing you can do now other than wait for new ITA hopefully soon. You can answer yes when asked about visa refusal and simply mention the reason. Its a very minor mistake and will have no negative effect on your new one.
All the best

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
It is because Quebec has its own independent immigration program and is not covered by Express Entry.

However, in all honesty, I don't know why CIC even has that option. I mean..this is like some kinda trick question. Don't give that option if they don't want us to choose it?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
It is because Quebec has its own independent immigration program and is not covered by Express Entry.

However, in all honesty, I don't know why CIC even has that option. I mean..this is like some kinda trick question. Don't give that option if they don't want us to choose it?
Exactly

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
Hi
This is simply absurd on part of CIC. I know of another such cancellation. I would suggest you to request them to re-open your file along with a good LOE, clearly explaining that you had no specific intention for Quebec and selected it randomly. Also, apply again for a fresh ITA. If they re-open your file, nothing better than that & if not, you will have a new profile to continue with.

My 2 cents. All the best.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
This is simply absurd on part of CIC. I know of another such cancellation. I would suggest you to request them to re-open your file along with a good LOE, clearly explaining that you had no specific intention for Quebec and selected it randomly. Also, apply again for a fresh ITA. If they re-open your file, nothing better than that & if not, you will have a new profile to continue with.

My 2 cents. All the best.
CIC expects applicants to know the basics of the Express Entry program prior to applying. It's indicated clearly on the CIC website that Quebec does not utilize the same EE program. The OP would be better off creating a new profile and waiting for a new ITA. When my first app was rejected as incomplete, I had a new ITA and my meds had passed before I heard a peep from CIC about my CSE requesting it be reopened.

suparr

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
Sorry to hear this. Nothing you can do now other than wait for new ITA hopefully soon. You can answer yes when asked about visa refusal and simply mention the reason. Its a very minor mistake and will have no negative effect on your new one.
All the best
His PR was cancelled. I'm not sure but I don't think its equivalent to a refusal. You get your fees refund as well for cancellation

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
CIC expects applicants to know the basics of the Express Entry program prior to applying. It's indicated clearly on the CIC website that Quebec does not utilize the same EE program. The OP would be better off creating a new profile and waiting for a new ITA. When my first app was rejected as incomplete, I had a new ITA and my meds had passed before I heard a peep from CIC about my CSE requesting it be reopened.
Good for you. And that is the very reason I suggested both the options. There is no harm in trying and there have been cases where applicants had their files re-opened and worked on even before they received a new ITA. I guess your file was cancelled for something that isn't mentioned clearly on CIC website.

Rahulforya

May 21, 2017
Thanks all for the suggestions.
I have created a new profile and also raised a CSE explaining that I selected Quebec randomly. I am hoping at least one of them will work out.

Do you think I need to add a LOE regarding my previous application in my new application if I get a an ITA as I have to reply yes for both the below questions?

1. Has<applicant> been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has <applicant> ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Also, what is the tentative timeline for a CSE in this type of scenario?

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
Thanks all for the suggestions.
I have created a new profile and also raised a CSE explaining that I selected Quebec randomly. I am hoping at least one of them will work out.

Do you think I need to add a LOE regarding my previous application in my new application if I get a an ITA as I have to reply yes for both the below questions?
You must add an LOE. Keep it short & simple.

1. Has<applicant> been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has <applicant> ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Also, what is the tentative timeline for a CSE in this type of scenario?
The case I referred to, was reopened in about 20-25 Days if I remember correctly.

Rahulforya

May 21, 2017
We received another ITA in the latest draw and planning to submit the application as soon as possible. We have also raised an CSE to reopen the previous application. In case CIC reopens the first application, we will have 2 open eAPR. Does anyone know what happens in that situation and what would be the procedure to withdraw the 2nd application after submission in that case?

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
We received another ITA in the latest draw and planning to submit the application as soon as possible. We have also raised an CSE to reopen the previous application. In case CIC reopens the first application, we will have 2 open eAPR. Does anyone know what happens in that situation and what would be the procedure to withdraw the 2nd application after submission in that case?
i think you should submit the new one and take back your request to reopen.

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
I think ignore the appliation that was cancelled-do not pursue it further. You may think "Why not?" Well, here are some reasons:
1. It was your mistake- you should have checked what provinces are eligible for EE, so do not expect anyone re-opening the file.
2. Even if the agent concerned wanted to re-open the file, he or she can see that you have another profile AND that you have received an ITA.
SO, forget about the old file, and prepare your documents meticulously for the second ITA.

All the best.

PeeGee

Rahulforya

May 21, 2017
We got below response from the CSE raised. Does that mean they will not reopen our previous case?

Good day <Applicant>,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your enquiry regarding the decision made on your application.

Please consult the decision letter that was sent to you on August 31, 2017, in order to obtain further details.

If you have new or additional information/documents supporting your request, we invite you to submit a new application and include all necessary information based on the instructions guide.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests: