+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application cancelled and then reopened. question for those in this situaction

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know some people got cancelled and managed to get CIC to reopen their application. Regardless of the reason, I have a question;

My application was reopened almost 4 weeks ago, but when I log into myCIC account, it still says it is Cancelled.

How many of you are experiancing this issue? And to the ones who have gone thru this in the past. Will the application stay this way until the end? What happens next? Do they just inform you of the result regardless of this?

any thoughts and comments on this issue are more than welcome !

Ben76600

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
France
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2015
AOR Received.
12-07-2015
Hello Yelena,

Im still in the same situation like you :(

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont know why is this like this.. but I am seriously considering ordering GCMS now. I know its only been 2 months, but still..

I am mostly afraid I will miss some important update or request from CIC., as they clearly say we are responsible for checking mycic account and providing what ever they request.

I ve had two changes in circumstances ( adding family members, change of name.,) and now will have another one ( new passport for one of my dependants)., I am sending everything as instructed via CSE form, but I am not getting any feedback from them.

starting to get ancious..

aq365

Sep 22, 2015
Hey guys,

I finally got a response from CIC (case specific inquiry was sent on Sept 16th) saying that the "Payment Receipt" I mailed them has been received and forwarded to the appropriate person for action. My profile still says cancelled as incomplete though. I wonder if it will ever get re-instated online. Did anyone else get a response?

Thanks!

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a response on a different CSE , saying : "Please note that we have received your supporting documents and we have attached them to your application.". But this is for the CSE I sent in regards to inclusion of familly members to my application.

I never recived an e-mail confirming this for the payment receipt. I dont know..

I wish people who got their pr would visit this forum and give some input on this matter.. but I guess everyone is fed up with this forum once they are finished ;)

aq365

Sep 22, 2015
Try sending a letter to the CIC office in Sydney with the payment receipt. That's what I did. They never replied to my CSEs but responded to the payment receipt and letter that I mailed.

Haha, not one bothers once they reach their goal.

gmduncanidaho

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2
Doc's Request.
Jan 14 & Jan 24
AOR Received.
Jan 2
hi yelena,

What was the reason for your application to be cancelled? how did you get it re-opened?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gmduncanidaho said:
hi yelena,

What was the reason for your application to be cancelled? how did you get it re-opened?
Yelena was famously the first person to be wrongly rejected because CIC's medical team incorrectly assessed her medical report as being one for a temporary worker. A few other people were then quickly rejected for the same reason, and the forum went crazy trying to figure out what had caused the issue. I'm sure yelena wrote a CSE asking CIC to re-open, and at some point they discovered the problem was internal, and they reopened the wrongly rejected cases.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
Yelena was famously the first person to be wrongly rejected because CIC's medical team incorrectly assessed her medical report as being one for a temporary worker. A few other people were then quickly rejected for the same reason, and the forum went crazy trying to figure out what had caused the issue. I'm sure yelena wrote a CSE asking CIC to re-open, and at some point they discovered the problem was internal, and they reopened the wrongly rejected cases.
thank you dobes for the in depth report :)

yes, you are absolutely correct. I to think my case for the first such case on this forum at least, but since than a lot of people had the same problem. I seem to be the first in a lot of things, hope that will bring me some good things, and not only greif in this process lol :)

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok. Finaly some update.
!
I just got an email saying my fees have been attached to my file.

Thank yoouuu :D

vsgautam

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-10-2015
Passport Req..
19 March 2016
yelena said:
Ok. Finaly some update.
!

Hi Yelena,

It's great to hear that you finally have an update.

It would be great if you could share your thoughts on my below query :

I submitted my application yesterday post ITA. Now the payment receipt recevied in my CIC account says that I have to take a print and send a copy of it to CIC. There is no address provided as to where this needs to be sent nor any link on the my CIC account to upload a soft copy. Also, it seems starneg they are asking for a physical copy when payment has been made online post which my application has been successfully transmitted.

Please suggest next plan of action.

VSG

FSW Outlander

Ben76600

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
France
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2015
AOR Received.
12-07-2015
yelena said:
Ok. Finaly some update.
!

Hello Yelena

Did you send your proof of payment by mail or only thru your CSE?

Thks

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I only sent it thru CSE.

My application is still closed in mycic and have no ecas access.

I know it is still early, only two months since AOR but I wish I had some more insight into what is going on with my application :(

jaynel

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
Doc's Request.
16-07-2015
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
16-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
September 13 reopen application
finally got "background check "in progress today, theres a movement ! you guys are next.