+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants with scores between 450 - 600.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
People skipping grades and gets their PhD at age of 24 or earlier because they are incredibly smart. Then works in Canada for 5 years. And because they are so smart, they can pick up English and French easily and score high.
And they spent all their time studying, s/he have no time for a relationship and therefore would be single (joking :D)

And these people will get trumped by a cook with minimal language and education but gets a job and LMIA from their relatives. (Or other occupations)
+1 for that.... ;D :mad: :(

sri_navigator

Feb 11, 2015
I am a complete newbie to Canada Visa process, have 4+ yrs experience and this post really clarified lot regarding the process especially the abbreviations ;)

pixelfrontier

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
People skipping grades and gets their PhD at age of 24 or earlier because they are incredibly smart. Then works in Canada for 5 years. And because they are so smart, they can pick up English and French easily and score high.
And they spent all their time studying, s/he have no time for a relationship and therefore would be single (joking :D)

And these people will get trumped by a cook with minimal language and education but gets a job and LMIA from their relatives. (Or other occupations)
I loved that last comment, it is actually true! So much work for nothing... :p.

Someone with a score close enough to 600 would need to have foreign work experience and 4+ years of Canadian work experience, but all people in that situation should already have PR status by this point in time (after 1 year of Canadian work experience they were already eligible to become PRs under CEC so why wait?). I believe current top scores without LMIA should be around 550.

I for one wish more points were awarded to bilingual people (English + French). Canada's supposed bilingualism's always been a touchy subject in this country, I don't see why CIC is not interested in bringing in people who are already fluent in both. But then again the whole EE's ranking system leaves much to be desired.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pixelfrontier said:
I loved that last comment, it is actually true! So much work for nothing... :p.

Someone with a score close enough to 600 would need to have foreign work experience and 4+ years of Canadian work experience, but all people in that situation should already have PR status by this point in time (after 1 year of Canadian work experience they were already eligible to become PRs under CEC so why wait?). I believe current top scores without LMIA should be around 550.

I for one wish more points were awarded to bilingual people (English + French). Canada's supposed bilingualism's always been a touchy subject in this country, I don't see why CIC is not interested in bringing in people who are already fluent in both. But then again the whole EE's ranking system leaves much to be desired.
Maybe they dont care much about bilingual skills right now because Quebec is not into EE anyways?

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even 25 extra points for second language are like pure nectar for someone who's below 600.
lolzzz

Once the CRS drops below 600, Every single point will be a Death Battle with CIC!
:p ??? :p ???

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the_lion said:
Even 25 extra points for second language are like pure nectar for someone who's below 600.
lolzzz

Once the CRS drops below 600, Every single point will be a Death Battle with CIC!
:p ??? :p ???

Do they check the knowledge of the second official language? Do the applicants have to take a test? I used to speak French just a little but now I can't anymore.

SnakePlissken

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
Feb-10-2018
AOR Received.
Mar-20-2018
A.B.123 said:
Do they check the knowledge of the second official language? Do the applicants have to take a test? I used to speak French just a little but now I can't anymore.
They would require test results for French. Even basic knowledge could get you a few points that would help when in the pool.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Auone said:
Maybe they dont care much about bilingual skills right now because Quebec is not into EE anyways?
Official language of New Brunswick is both English and French

pixelfrontier

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Auone said:
mf4361 said:
Official language of New Brunswick is both English and French
There are also French-speaking communities in all provinces.

Globaldesi

Feb 16, 2015
Hello Everyone!

EE profile created and score is 467, I guess I can join the club of the hopefuls too :)

I will be applying for NOC0601- Corp Sales Manager.

Regards

Globaldesi

Feb 16, 2015
Is anyone applying for FSWP besides EE as well? I am quite new to the concept of Canada Immigration so in case some one gets an invitation to apply without a Provincial nomination or a job offer, can that person live and work anywhere in Canada or there are provincial permissions etc required? I dont think any province is providing nomination without a job offer under EE program!! Such a skewed process...

rakikira

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66506 said:
First of all, I think you're deluded if you believe that garden variety cooks are getting LMIA's. We all know it takes more skill than that to get an LMIA approved.

Second, as a point of fact, there's absolutely nothing wrong about somebody with LMIA trumping a Phd without LMIA. The fact that someone managed to get an LMIA tells me all I need to know about his/her skills, for purposes of immigration. Nothing else about that person is relevant: not his level of English, and certainly not whether or not he has a Phd.

On the other hand, again for immigration purposes only, a Phd without LMIA wanting PR is no different from a subsistence farmer who wants PR. The both want the same thing, a job in Canada, which can be filled by a Canadian.

End of story.
+1 ;D

Globaldesi

Feb 16, 2015
Hey everyone! I think the Jon bank is active....can some one check and confirm. It could not find matching jobs for me at the moment...

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Globaldesi said:
Is anyone applying for FSWP besides EE as well? I am quite new to the concept of Canada Immigration so in case some one gets an invitation to apply without a Provincial nomination or a job offer, can that person live and work anywhere in Canada or there are provincial permissions etc required? I dont think any province is providing nomination without a job offer under EE program!! Such a skewed process...
The only way to apply to FSWP now is through EE.

You're only required to live in a particular province if that province gave you a PNP and you got ITA because of it.