+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrant2008 said:
I had my test in Montreal office today. They sent me the notice on April 29th and updated ecas on May1st. My application was transferred to Montreal on Dec 30st.

The test was very easy. You will receive only one or two questions on specific names/dates. I read the book twice and could pass the test full mark.

The interviewers were tough. I saw many people who received RQ, two girls were crying :( I am not sure what was the problem with their files though. For me it was around 5 min interview. The officer asked me about why I have changed my apartment. What was the last time I went grocery shopping and where did I go for grocery shopping. I did not expect these questions but I guess he just wanted to make sure that I do live in Montreal and the address I give is correct. Some more questions about work of mine, my husband and our source of income and my travel history(specially to my home country). While he was talking to me he was checking the stamps in my passport with the dates in my calculator.

Afterwards he congratulates me and said oath is going to be 2-4 months.

Good luck everyone, just relax, study well for the exam and prepare all the documents that you can (including your expired passports, translation of stamps in your passport and your work/study documents).
Congrats! That's weird, I didn't have these kind of questions and never heard of someone that did before though.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
immigrant2008 said:
I had my test in Montreal office today. They sent me the notice on April 29th and updated ecas on May1st. My application was transferred to Montreal on Dec 30st.

The test was very easy. You will receive only one or two questions on specific names/dates. I read the book twice and could pass the test full mark.

The interviewers were tough. I saw many people who received RQ, two girls were crying :( I am not sure what was the problem with their files though. For me it was around 5 min interview. The officer asked me about why I have changed my apartment. What was the last time I went grocery shopping and where did I go for grocery shopping. I did not expect these questions but I guess he just wanted to make sure that I do live in Montreal and the address I give is correct. Some more questions about work of mine, my husband and our source of income and my travel history(specially to my home country). While he was talking to me he was checking the stamps in my passport with the dates in my calculator.

Afterwards he congratulates me and said oath is going to be 2-4 months.

Good luck everyone, just relax, study well for the exam and prepare all the documents that you can (including your expired passports, translation of stamps in your passport and your work/study documents).
congratulations. Remember, they ask questions to assess your english/french ability and that might be the reason they have asked you about grocery shopping.

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
I am confused and concerened. I ordered ATIP and finally got it, not helpful at all. No information its all just what I sent them. Plus last time I spoke to the CIV agents they said all every thing is ok and my background check was done and all is good just wait for the test invite. I received a letter on my 4 they asked for finger prints which I did on monday. Needles to say I am very confused and concerened.
Does any one understands whats happening

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
noor-blue83 said:
I am confused and concerened. I ordered ATIP and finally got it, not helpful at all. No information its all just what I sent them. Plus last time I spoke to the CIV agents they said all every thing is ok and my background check was done and all is good just wait for the test invite. I received a letter on my 4 they asked for finger prints which I did on monday. Needles to say I am very confused and concerened.
Does any one understands whats happening
Do you see anything about the fingerprint on the ATIP report? I wonder if the ATIP request triggered something...

eng2794

May 15, 2015
The last line on my e-cas showing we stared processing your application on October 2014
Only 3 lines
The call centre confirmed the application been transferred to missussaga local office on January 2015, but no test date been shcadulle yet??

And it's not showing on my e-cas that my file has been transferred ?????

Any idea what's going on ???? And why the transferred line not showing n my e-cas

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
ezz1981 said:
Do you see anything about the fingerprint on the ATIP report? I wonder if the ATIP request triggered something...
The report only has my document that I sent and one page that
Said restricted due to some rule they have. But every one asks for the ATIP report! Why should it triggr any thing

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
noor-blue83 said:
The report only has my document that I sent and one page that
Said restricted due to some rule they have. But every one asks for the ATIP report! Why should it triggr any thing
Did you get the GCMS report? Usually, you should see if they had requested the fingerprint before the ATIP report or after. It is very possible that they forgot to send you the fingerprint request (it happened to another person on this forum), and upon requesting ATIP, they noticed the mistake and sent the FP request.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I got an e-cas update re: my oath ceremony.

A new line (#6) has been added recently:
We sent you a notice on May 19, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 3, 2015 at 9:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I haven't received the mail yet.

krishnameister

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:

We sent you a notice on May 19, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 3, 2015 at 9:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Congrats :)
May I know your local office ?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
krishnameister said:
Congrats :)
May I know your local office ?
Thanks.

It's London, ON.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Rossei said:

Congratulations :)

Anti- racism

May 20, 2015
eng2794 said:
The last line on my e-cas showing we stared processing your application on October 2014
Only 3 lines
The call centre confirmed the application been transferred to missussaga local office on January 2015, but no test date been shcadulle yet??

And it's not showing on my e-cas that my file has been transferred ?????

Any idea what's going on ???? And why the transferred line not showing n my e-cas
I have a similar case. I applied on May 2014
In process July and this is it. no more in eCAS. Still the agent told me that the file transferred on Oct 2014 to Mississauga. I do not know why there is no update on the eCAS and why there is such a delay.

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
Anti- racism said:
I have a similar case. I applied on May 2014
In process July and this is it. no more in eCAS. Still the agent told me that the file transferred on Oct 2014 to Mississauga. I do not know why there is no update on the eCAS and why there is such a delay.
Unfortunately no one knows why there is such delay. As you may have noticed there are people who are getting their citizenship in 6 months, and there are some who have been waiting for 45+ months. If your file is a routine, it can take up to two years... Just be patient... You will get your test invite soon.

Good luck.