+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

roam

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
update on my file :
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 24, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 16, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 19, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on February 3, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 10, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 25, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting
us.

3. We started processing your application on January 8, 2015.

4. Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 23, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will
contact you.

No.4 is the new line. I am now getting excited. I hope to get an invitation to take the test soon ;D

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
sask28 said:
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 10, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 25, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting
us.

3. We started processing your application on January 8, 2015.

4. Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 23, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will
contact you.

No. 4 is the new line. I am now getting excited. I hope to get an invitation to take the test soon ;D
congrats

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
sask28 said:
Thank you alexdive

What's your time line?
#sask28,
Here's my timeline. I'm expecting a letter from CIC not sure if it was sent from CPC-Sydney or Calgary local office. I'll keep you posted.

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 28, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 23, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on February 4, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just called CIC Call Center again - was told my file was transferred to local office on Jan 27 although it says Dec 3rd on ECAS... Was also told that my background/security checks have been done in the central office (Sydney).
Just share the info with the group..

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test: Appeared for citizenship test today. 20/20. Go through citizenship book and that's what you need. Easy test. Went to Kitchener office at 8AM. There were lot of test taker ..Test started around 8:30 and I took 7-8 minutes to finish. They started calling test taker in the same order as they finished the test for the interview. I guess I was 4th or 5th to finish. With interview and everything I was out by 9:15.

Interview: CIC officers were nice and courteous. Interview took 10 minutes mostly for verifying documents and stamps on passport. I had too many stamps (around 31 pages are full with visa and stamps) on passport so I offered ATIP and other documents. He said he does not need it but it's good that it is with me and also the ATIP is too detailed. He did not ask for any T4/NOA/ATIP... He told me that most of the stuff he can see on passport so everything is good to him. I asked again if he needs any document as I travelled a lot and some of my friends have been asked for documents after the test. He said that he knows but in my case he can see most of the stuff and US border officers and CBSA do not put correct entries/stamps always. He told me that he is approving the application today and oath will be scheduled between 1-2 months times. He told me that for oath I need to bring oath letter(once you receive in mail), PR card and max of one guest. he also suggested to keep landing paper safe and secured even after the citizenship is complete. Feeling good...wait for oath letter starts :)
So now I am booking a week off to Caribbean for next week. :D

All the best to all email-AOR recipients.

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
Test: Appeared for citizenship test today. 20/20. Go through citizenship book and that's what you need. Easy test. Went to Kitchener office at 8AM. There were lot of test taker ..Test started around 8:30 and I took 7-8 minutes to finish. They started calling test taker in the same order as they finished the test for the interview. I guess I was 4th or 5th to finish. With interview and everything I was out by 9:15.

Interview: CIC officers were nice and courteous. Interview took 10 minutes mostly for verifying documents and stamps on passport. I had too many stamps (around 31 pages are full with visa and stamps) on passport so I offered ATIP and other documents. He said he does not need it but it's good that I have it with me and also the ATIP is too detailed. He did not ask for any T4/NOA/ATIP... He told me that most of the stuff he can see on passport so everything is good to him. I asked again if he needs any document as I travelled a lot and some of my friends have been asked for documents after the test. He said that he knows but in my case he can see most of the stuff and US border officers and CBSA do not put correct entries/stamps always. He told me that he is approving the application today and oath will be scheduled between 1-2 months times. He told me that for oath I need to bring oath letter(once you receive in mail), PR card and max of one guest. he also suggested to keep landing paper safe and secured even after the citizenship is complete. Feeling good...wait for oath letter starts :)

WOW!! Big congrats!
First Email AOR passed test!
Thanks for sharing and enjoy your time in the Caribbean! :)

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:

Interview: CIC officers were nice and courteous. Interview took 10 minutes mostly for verifying documents and stamps on passport. I had too many stamps (around 31 pages are full with visa and stamps) on passport so I offered ATIP and other documents. He said he does not need it but it's good that it is with me and also the ATIP is too detailed. He did not ask for any T4/NOA/ATIP... He told me that most of the stuff he can see on passport so everything is good to him. I asked again if he needs any document as I travelled a lot and some of my friends have been asked for documents after the test. He said that he knows but in my case he can see most of the stuff and US border officers and CBSA do not put correct entries/stamps always. He told me that he is approving the application today and oath will be scheduled between 1-2 months times. He told me that for oath I need to bring oath letter(once you receive in mail), PR card and max of one guest. he also suggested to keep landing paper safe and secured even after the citizenship is complete. Feeling good...wait for oath letter starts :)

Hey, catchvb! Congratulations!

For everyone:
Test: I was 3rd to finish today and got 20/20 as well. We started late because they didn't have enough test booklets so we waited while they made more.

Interview:
  • Took barely 5 minutes for me.
  • The officer checked my COPR, commented that I had kept it in very good condition and suggested I keep it that way as I will need it in the future for benefits, etc.
  • He checked my driver's license and health card against the copies I had submitted with the application. He noticed I had changed my driver's license (as I moved since applying) so he made a copy of the new driver's license and attached it to my file.
  • Next, was residency. He checked my passport against the absences/dates declared on the residence calculator and did not ask for additional documents.
  • He said everything looked good and he was approving my file. I watched him as he ticked a bunch of boxes on a form.
  • Finally, he told me to expect my oath ceremony to be in 1-2 months and that I only had to bring the media release consent form and my PR card then, and I can only bring 1 guest at most.

Additional notes:
While we were waiting for the test to start, the officer asked if we had any questions and someone asked about the wait time from the test to the oath ceremony. The officer said we will be in the next ceremony that they schedule and they schedule ceremonies one month in advance. I'm guessing that's why they say wait time is 1-2 months because it depends on the time of the month the test is written and whether they have scheduled the oath ceremonies for the following month already.

CAPR

Sep 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations catchvb and eltorpe !!!

You just passed a crucial milestone to become a citizen !

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you everyone. Good news to come in few weeks for all email-AOR recipients.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
How long does it take CIC to update the eCAS under this "new routine" system? I received an email AOR on Feb 6th and my application number also starts this way C000XXXXX.
No records on the eCAS, I tried checking it through client ID, receipt number and application number.

Oct20

Nov 11, 2014
wes786 said:
How long does it take CIC to update the eCAS under this "new routine" system? I received an email AOR on Feb 6th and my application number also starts this way C000XXXXX.
No records on the eCAS, I tried checking it through client ID, receipt number and application number.
Hi
Give it week or two
My regards