AOR Received.
08-01-2008
IELTS Request
05-05-2009
Med's Request
29-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
I am a pre Feb 2008 applicant and made a case specific inquiry on 11th September and the response I recived is:

"Dear Mr...............

Please be advised that no selection decision was made before 29 March 2012 on this Federal Skilled Worker application. Please refer to.....CIC....media...notice..qa ... website (I am not allowed to post the link here by this system) for more information about the legislation that affects your application.

Yours truly,

IMMIGRATION SECTION
Canadian High Commission, Colombo, Sri Lanka."

This is very sad and unjustice situation as I completed and submitted my medicals in January 2012. All other documents requested including PCR were submitted early Jan responding to CHC communications. But I was not asked to pay landing fee. Still they could not make a decision on my application. I think I have to seek legal assitance in this regard.

Bundoora

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2008
Doc's Request.
09-06-2009
AOR Received.
21-10-2009
IELTS Request
sent with the Documents
Med's Request
12-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-03-2012
Dear Sujman ,

you seem to be a new forum member , welcome on board flight to Toronto !
Our journey to Canada has been abruptly aborted by a piece of draconian law, and this piece of legislation does not constitute for the applicants who finished their meds before 29 march 2012. for your information, four of our( in this forum ) applications are being affected by this unjust act , if you need further info please scroll back few pages .
Soon after the OB 442 announcement i had personally visited CHC and sought clarifications, i was told, it was not the VISA OFFICER'S decision to call for MEDS and other host of updated documents (believe or not we all have paid landing fees as well ) hence they had very little to say about the decision but a lot about the procedure & fall back of medical test , last but not least the officer did not miss the chance to assure me the prospect of retuning the landing fees if the situation arises !
i can assure you that i have not given up my Canada dreams as of yet , and will do every thing possible to reverse that decision.

Good luck

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
I have received my PPR through registered mail today, the letter is dated Sep 17.

Wishing all the best for everyone...getting MR and PPR soon!

smiling_face :)

Badal789

Nov 29, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2006
IELTS Request
30-11-2009
Sujman said:
I am a pre Feb 2008 applicant and made a case specific inquiry on 11th September and the response I recived is:

"Dear Mr...............

Please be advised that no selection decision was made before 29 March 2012 on this Federal Skilled Worker application. Please refer to.....CIC....media...notice..qa ... website (I am not allowed to post the link here by this system) for more information about the legislation that affects your application.

Yours truly,

IMMIGRATION SECTION
Canadian High Commission, Colombo, Sri Lanka."

This is very sad and unjustice situation as I completed and submitted my medicals in January 2012. All other documents requested including PCR were submitted early Jan responding to CHC communications. But I was not asked to pay landing fee. Still they could not make a decision on my application. I think I have to seek legal assitance in this regard.

Sujman,
As you submitted my medicals in January 2012 so you must not be affected. Better get CAIPS note immediately, check your points, PSDEC 1 or 2 and date on the right side of the PSDEC.
Upon receipt of CAIPS note send a mail to the VO.
Hope for the best.
Badal, Bangladesh

goodhope

Jul 12, 2011
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
smiling_face said:
I have received my PPR through registered mail today, the letter is dated Sep 17.

Wishing all the best for everyone...getting MR and PPR soon!

smiling_face :)
Congrats have a big smile now :D

goodhope

Jul 12, 2011
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Bundoora said:
Dear Sujman ,

Our journey to Canada has been abruptly aborted by a piece of draconian law, and this piece of legislation does not constitute for the applicants who finished their meds before 29 march 2012. for your information, four of our( in this forum ) applications are being affected by this unjust act , if you need further info please scroll back few pages .
Soon after the OB 442 announcement i had personally visited CHC and sought clarifications, i was told, it was not the VISA OFFICER'S decision to call for MEDS and other host of updated documents (believe or not we all have paid landing fees as well ) hence they had very little to say about the decision but a lot about the procedure & fall back of medical test , last but not least the officer did not miss the chance to assure me the prospect of retuning the landing fees if the situation arises !
i can assure you that i have not given up my Canada dreams as of yet , and will do every thing possible to reverse that decision.

Good luck
I salute you sir. May god help You(Us)

Bundoora

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2008
Doc's Request.
09-06-2009
AOR Received.
21-10-2009
IELTS Request
sent with the Documents
Med's Request
12-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-03-2012
Thank you Good Hope , none of you guys will be affected on these unwarranted draconian laws ,hence you are out of danger zone .i sincerely wish you a hassle free , quick Canadian PR visa.

Good Luck

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed

Sujman

Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2007
Doc's Request.
05-01-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2008
IELTS Request
05-05-2009
Med's Request
29-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Bundoora said:
Dear Sujman ,

Good luck

Dear Bundoora,

Thanks for your note. OK lets get together and submit a petition to CHC informing our concerns, grevences and further legal steps that we could take if CIC decision is not resonably reversed. This will influence on the on going court proceedings favourably- for a class action law suite. As in other countries (India, Pakistan, Philliphines, HongKong etc...) affected parties has jointly handed over petitions to CHC. I do n`t think in SL, affectted parites like us got together for this kind of collective action.

I know there are you and few other members in this forum in similar status like me. My suggestion is let`s get together to make a voice for our cases. CHC Colombo will pass the message to CIC.

Bundoora

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2008
Doc's Request.
09-06-2009
AOR Received.
21-10-2009
IELTS Request
sent with the Documents
Med's Request
12-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-03-2012
Dear Sujman ,

Thanks for the reply, have you spoken to any professional/lawyer with regards to this OB 442 ? if you haven't let me give you couple of suggestions ,

1) Shoot a query to Qoarax or some one in his caliber in this forum.
2) There is a Canadian national who lives & work in Colombo , his name is Michael and possible to arrange a meeting with him , his phone no is +0012688973 .

Certainly we can submit a petition to CHC , but we need more than just two of us!

Cheers

Sujman

Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2007
Doc's Request.
05-01-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2008
IELTS Request
05-05-2009
Med's Request
29-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Badal789 said:
Sujman,
As you submitted my medicals in January 2012 so you must not be affected. Better get CAIPS note immediately, check your points, PSDEC 1 or 2 and date on the right side of the PSDEC.
Upon receipt of CAIPS note send a mail to the VO.
Hope for the best.
Badal, Bangladesh
Thank you Badal for your above comments and advice.
Could I know from where I can ask for CAIPS and what is the procedure. Further what is PSDEC. Please clarify if possible.
Thank you

Sujman

Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2007
Doc's Request.
05-01-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2008
IELTS Request
05-05-2009
Med's Request
29-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Bundoora said:
Dear Sujman ,

Thanks for the reply, have you spoken to any professional/lawyer with regards to this OB 442 ? if you haven't let me give you couple of suggestions ,

2) There is a Canadian national who lives & work in Colombo , his name is Michael and possible to arrange a meeting with him , his phone no is +0012688973 .

Certainly we can submit a petition to CHC , but we need more than just two of us!

Cheers
Dear Bundoora,

Thanks for your guidence. I will probe into further details as per your suggetions. However my consultant still says that I do not need to worry as I have done my medicals. But there is no basis of his answer. Just ask me to wait some time.

I saw few other members in this forum who are in same status like us (Pre Feb 2008) Names: Nira, Dilu, Chandika.
Also I have one other frend called Tharanga (same status - did medicals in Dec 2011). If all are facing same issue and willing to go for a collective action we can get together. This forum is a good flatform to coordinate. Probably there may be more affected parties in SL who are willing to join this kind of action.

Shall we invite others also to join with us ...

Bundoora

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2008
Doc's Request.
09-06-2009
AOR Received.
21-10-2009
IELTS Request
sent with the Documents
Med's Request
12-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-03-2012
Dear Sujman ,

Thanks for the reply , when i went to CHC to inquire as to why only my application been affected , the officer affirmed that there were quite number of other Colombo applicants as well with me , she did not divulge the exact number , nevertheless she implied it was more than 5 .
i have already initiated a dialog with chandika and also have sent a couple of e-mails for Dilu ,but i'm afraid i didn't get a response from Dilu.
Perhaps you could send them a mail and see how it goes .provided that you applied through a consultant he may be privy to more info than us , is he a lawyer ?
i know one thing for sure , doing nothing is not an option , we all have to do something , don't we ?

Regards

goodhope

Jul 12, 2011
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Bundoora said:
Dear Sujman ,

Cheers

Good Choices