+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ojohn22 said:
My time line has also been reviewed. "We started Processing....." changed from Feb 18(day I got PER) to Feb 4.
Even though I acknowledge that CIC is working on our cases, it doesn't excuse the fact that the time they ought to be using to advance progress on people's applications is rather spent correcting mistakes that should not have been made in the first place..

Anyways we continue to hope and pray that some day we will be out of their hands, as they continue to learn their ropes on immigration application processing.
lavalsong said:
Hi gavi_cic,

Mine changed as well.
lavalsong and ojohn22, have you ordered the GCMS notes recently? Any change in the location of your files?

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
It was in FSW-REG more than one month ago.

zorroo said:
lavalsong and ojohn22, have you ordered the GCMS notes recently? Any change in the location of your files?
This may not be a mistake by CIC, although I dont know what the reason is. Anyway it is a sign that CIC is doing something to our applications.
ojohn22 said:
My time line has also been reviewed. "We started Processing....." changed from Feb 18(day I got PER) to Feb 4.
Even though I acknowledge that CIC is working on our cases, it doesn't excuse the fact that the time they ought to be using to advance progress on people's applications is rather spent correcting mistakes that should not have been made in the first place..

Anyways we continue to hope and pray that some day we will be out of their hands, as they continue to learn their ropes on immigration application processing.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gavin_cic said:
It was in FSW-REG more than one month ago.

This may not be a mistake by CIC, although I dont know what the reason is. Anyway it is a sign that CIC is doing something to our applications.
Thanks! I suggest you to order a new one. You may see a change.

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
gavin_cic said:
I'm not sure. It seems to have happened to everyone so most likely is just a change in software, i.e., the webpage is now printing a different relevant date on file. I find it hard to believe that they had someone go back and change this date for everyone. I hope that is not the case, that would be extremely inefficient (and pointless?).

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
26-Mar-2015(Intend to live Outside of Quebec)
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
6-April-2015(3rd line appeared on 15th Oct 2015)
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Hi Zorroo,

I did not order GCMS recently. The last one ordered in Jun showed my documents was still in the department who sent the medical examination requestion to me. How about you?

zorroo said:

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lavalsong said:
Hi Zorroo,

I did not order GCMS recently. The last one ordered in Jun showed my documents was still in the department who sent the medical examination requestion to me. How about you?
Hi lavalsong,
Mine is with DA20220. I suggest you to order a new one. You might be able to see a change.

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
rHello Zorroo,

According to my last GCMS, mine is in the same place as you. Is the 3rd line,"medical result received", available in your eCAS system? I will order a new GCMS as you adviced.

zorroo said:
Hi lavalsong,
Mine is with DA20220. I suggest you to order a new one. You might be able to see a change.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lavalsong said:
rHello Zorroo,

According to my last GCMS, mine is in the same place as you. Is the 3rd line,"medical result received", available in your eCAS system? I will order a new GCMS as you adviced.
Yes, I have this 3rd line, "medical result received", available in my eCAS system. What about you?

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ehsan.isf said:
Can someone guide me exactly how I can order GCMS note? and how long does it take to come?
Thanks a lot
Please go to this link and you will find all information:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/latest-caips-gcms-notes-forms-and-how-to-order-t99210.0.html
It takes about one month to receive it by email.

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Not yet.
zorroo said:
Yes, I have this 3rd line, "medical result received", available in my eCAS system. What about you?

uwaterloo

Nov 7, 2014
lavalsong said:
Hello lavalsong, I just received the notes in which I could see that my medical part has been changed to 'pass' on Aug 25. However, I still don't have the third line. Order the notes then I guess you can see the progress of your application. Good luck to all of us waiting here 8)

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
Hi guys,

I got married 2 weeks ago and now the question is should I report and add my husband to my file? he is already permanent resident but my concern is adding him would delay finalizing my application even more. But I guess not reporting it is also illegal. Any advice is appreciated.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
farahnz said:
Hi guys,

I got married 2 weeks ago and now the question is should I report and add my husband to my file? he is already permanent resident but my concern is adding him would delay finalizing my application even more. But I guess not reporting it is also illegal. Any advice is appreciated.
First, please accept my warm congratulation. Wish you a more prosperous life :)

Yes, you definitely need to inform CIC about the change in your marital status. It's better to inform them by sending both email and a letter. Make sure to put your marriage certificate and also mention his PR status by providing a copy of his landing document and pr card. At the end, ask them what other documents they require from your side.

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
Viva2014 said:
First, please accept my warm congratulation. Wish you a more prosperous life :)

Yes, you definitely need to inform CIC about the change in your marital status. It's better to inform them by sending both email and a letter. Make sure to put your marriage certificate and also mention his PR status by providing a copy of his landing document and pr card. At the end, ask them what other documents they require from your side.
Thanks Viva2014 for your worm wishes. And thanks for quick reply. Should I email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca this email? and update the forms or just ask them what kind of documents they are requesting?