+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ehsan.isf

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
zorroo said:
Normally they ask for this information especially for Iranian applicants if you have not provided it when you submitted your application. but mostly they ask for it when they send you the medical request. When did you receive this email and did they say anything else about your application?
They said that this is the final reminder of the original request sent 2 months ago. But I have not received any email before. It seems that they forgot to send me the email at the time of medical or there was a problem with their system. I searched my whole email and did not find such an email!

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Sorry to hear that you got requested extra documents. Also sorry to hear that this was probably just an automatic reminder of their request, I was kinda hoping that it was a recent one, i.e., that they had started looking at our applications again. Seems they still haven't remembered about us :(

ehsan.isf said:
They said that this is the final reminder of the original request sent 2 months ago. But I have not received any email before. It seems that they forgot to send me the email at the time of medical or there was a problem with their system. I searched my whole email and did not find such an email!

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
ehsan.isf said:
Send an email to them and explain that you have not received any email and ask them to resend you the email. Meanwhile you can call the call center. They can check your file and tell you whether there was an email sent to you or not. You can also ask the call agent to put a note for resending the email.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ehsan.isf said:
In the same email which you would send these documents, you can mention that you have not received such a request before. I think it will be OK.

Eagle2014

Nov 2, 2014
Hi Friends!

I have a question regarding application for Post graduation work permit. I have got my medical 4 months ago, passed my PhD defence, and my study permit will be expired in November. As I do not know what is going on with CIC, I had to apply for Post graduate work permit.
In the questionnaire, it is asked about PR and medical exam and I answered: "YES"
Now I must upload the proof of medical exam. How I may have that one as it has been sent directly to CIC by the doctor?
It is also possible to reply: "NO" However it is not correct and I do not want to open a new story for them as they have all of our record in their documents.
I would appreciate if anybody has this experience or may have any good suggestion.

Thanks and have a great time

nmogh

Mar 11, 2015
Eagle2014 said:
Hi Friends!

I have a question regarding application for Post graduation work permit. I have got my medical 4 months ago, passed my PhD defence, and my study permit will be expired in November. As I do not know what is going on with CIC, I had to apply for Post graduate work permit.
In the questionnaire, it is asked about PR and medical exam and I answered: "YES"
Now I must upload the proof of medical exam. How I may have that one as it has been sent directly to CIC by the doctor?
It is also possible to reply: "NO" However it is not correct and I do not want to open a new story for them as they have all of our record in their documents.
I would appreciate if anybody has this experience or may have any good suggestion.

I had the same exact problem. I believe this a bug in CIC's system. In my application for open work permit I answered "No" and I have received my work permit. Same for my Visa application.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Eagle2014 said:
Hi Friends!

There are three ways that you can use to prove that you have done your ME.
1. Did you get any receipt from the doctor at the time you underwent ME? usually doctors provide such receipt for you to keep it as an evidence. If yes, you can upload the receipt.
2. Has your third line got updated in ECAS? it shows "medical results have been received". If yes, you can print that page and put a cover letter explaining that it proves that you have done your ME.
3. Have you ordered and received any GCMS recently (after your ME done)? If yes, you can use that page of GCMS indicating your ME completed.

Good luck.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eagle2014 said:
Hi Friends!

Hi Eagle,
Don't worry man. medical exam is not necessary for Post graduate work permit.

Eagle2014

Nov 2, 2014
Special thanks a lot nmogh, Viva2014, and Zorro,

I have another inquiry regarding IMM5710E form for post graduation work permit application.
After graduation, I was hired as a postdoctoral fellow in the same group of my PhD, however, my contract is until my study permit expiration date as I did not have any work permit or PR status to extend it longer.
Now in the form under "Details of intent work in Canada" asks about "details of prospective employer as well as job offer. Is it mandatory to attach or upload job offer for this type of application as I had in mind that the 3 years post graduation work permit does not need any job offer.

Thanks in advance

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eagle2014 said:
Special thanks a lot nmogh, Viva2014, and Zorro,

I have another inquiry regarding IMM5710E form for post graduation work permit application.
After graduation, I was hired as a postdoctoral fellow in the same group of my PhD, however, my contract is until my study permit expiration date as I did not have any work permit or PR status to extend it longer.
Now in the form under "Details of intent work in Canada" asks about "details of prospective employer as well as job offer. Is it mandatory to attach or upload job offer for this type of application as I had in mind that the 3 years post graduation work permit does not need any job offer.

Thanks in advance
No, you don't need any job offer for this post graduation work permit. I would not write anything about prospective employer in the application form.

Good luck

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Anyone knows what email address I can use to contact CIC for inquiring the status of my application? Thx!

Someone in the Ottawa Office thread say that the date in the second line is changed for some reasons.
You may like to check it...

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
gavin_cic said:
Anyone knows what email address I can use to contact CIC for inquiring the status of my application? Thx!

Someone in the Ottawa Office thread say that the date in the second line is changed for some reasons.
CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

Yes, mine has changed as well. It is now based on the time CIO started processing our application.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gavin_cic said:

Have you ordered GCMS notes recently? where is the location of your file now?

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
gavin_cic said:

My time line has also been reviewed. "We started Processing....." changed from Feb 18(day I got PER) to Feb 4.
Even though I acknowledge that CIC is working on our cases, it doesn't excuse the fact that the time they ought to be using to advance progress on people's applications is rather spent correcting mistakes that should not have been made in the first place..

Anyways we continue to hope and pray that some day we will be out of their hands, as they continue to learn their ropes on immigration application processing.

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
26-Mar-2015(Intend to live Outside of Quebec)
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
6-April-2015(3rd line appeared on 15th Oct 2015)
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Hi gavi_cic,

Mine changed as well.

gavin_cic said: