+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

AmrAdel

Jul 5, 2014
Guys i have a question about "RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check"

In this link: http : // www . rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/steps-etapes-eng.htm

there is the following note:

Applications for immigration to Canada must include the name and address of the Canadian Immigration Center, Embassy, Consulate or High Commission handling the case in the "Name and Address of Contributing Agency/Department" portion of the form.

What does this mean ?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you apply for RCMP checks, there will be a form provided by the person taking your fingerprints. This form includes a field called: Name and Address of Contributing Agency/Department, within this field you will write: Case Processing Center - Ottawa, 219 Laurier Ave.... (full address of CPC).

AmrAdel said:
Guys i have a question about "RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check"

In this link: http : // www . rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/steps-etapes-eng.htm

there is the following note:

Applications for immigration to Canada must include the name and address of the Canadian Immigration Center, Embassy, Consulate or High Commission handling the case in the "Name and Address of Contributing Agency/Department" portion of the form.

What does this mean ?

AmrAdel

Jul 5, 2014
pepe84 said:
When you apply for RCMP checks, there will be a form provided by the person taking your fingerprints. This form includes a field called: Name and Address of Contributing Agency/Department, within this field you will write: Case Processing Center - Ottawa, 219 Laurier Ave.... (full address of CPC).
pepe84 I am speechless
Thank you so much
One more thing, when you receive the RCMP criminal record check at the end, will it be a certificate in a sealed envelope, or how does it look like ? and in case it is sealed, shall i submit it to CIC without opening it ? please advise

unruffledterry

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
I finally landed in the local CIC office in Edmonton this morning. The whole process took about 30 minutes and all I needed were the letter from CIC, my passport and my current study permit. No passport photographs or bank account statement necessary. I applied using work permit from my country as I had no TA/RA experience. I applied in April of 2014. A big thanks to all those who answered questions I had even while I was yet to apply. To those of you still going through the process, your time will come. Don't be discouraged or frustrated. Kind regards.

AmrAdel

Jul 5, 2014
unruffledterry said:
I finally landed in the local CIC office in Edmonton this morning. The whole process took about 30 minutes and all I needed were the letter from CIC, my passport and my current study permit. No passport photographs or bank account statement necessary. I applied using work permit from my country as I had no TA/RA experience. I applied in April of 2014. A big thanks to all those who answered questions I had even while I was yet to apply. To those of you still going through the process, your time will come. Don't be discouraged or frustrated. Kind regards.
Congratulations

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
man, I have never applied for an RCMP check. I told you only the info I know for sure, but how will you receive the certificates? I am not sure. If I were you I would ask the RCMP officer who will be taking your fingerprints to see how people submit the certificates to CIC. Also, note that RCMP only accepts electronic fingerprints for immigration.

Finally, I believe you will be fine if you submit the RCMP checks unsealed, because if there is any issue with your name, CPC Ottawa for sure will ask you for another RCMP check. I am pretty sure if CPC wanted the RCMP in a sealed envelope, they would have specified that in the email they sent you.

AmrAdel said:
pepe84 I am speechless
Thank you so much
One more thing, when you receive the RCMP criminal record check at the end, will it be a certificate in a sealed envelope, or how does it look like ? and in case it is sealed, shall i submit it to CIC without opening it ? please advise

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many congrats unruffledterry, wish you every success in Canada. Did they ever tell you when you should receive the PR card?

unruffledterry said:

AmrAdel

Jul 5, 2014
pepe84 said:
man, I have never applied for an RCMP check. I told you only the info I know for sure, but how will you receive the certificates? I am not sure. If I were you I would ask the RCMP officer who will be taking your fingerprints to see how people submit the certificates to CIC. Also, note that RCMP only accepts electronic fingerprints for immigration.

Finally, I believe you will be fine if you submit the RCMP checks unsealed, because if there is any issue with your name, CPC Ottawa for sure will ask you for another RCMP check. I am pretty sure if CPC wanted the RCMP in a sealed envelope, they would have specified that in the email they sent you.
Thank you my friend

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
f1ahmed said:
Actually my application was returned as I did not send my certificates/transcripts along with WES ECA report. I have re send it and was received on December, 05.
Hi F1ahmed,

Any news on CC charge?

q30327

Jan 9, 2015
That is a very useful piece of information! I will get my PR card in 4-6 weeks but I need to fly in 2 weeks. My student visa is valid and the immigration officer tear off my study permit when I landed. It is worth trying to fool the airline using my old student visa and enter Canada with my CoPR.

I found a problem with my CoPR today when I was in service ontario trying to get the health card. They said that the date of landing is not filled and there is missing a stamp where I wrote my address. They said it is not valid and I can't apply for ontario health insurance with that. I'm not too worried about the OHIP coverage since the three-month period count since the landing date and I can apply later when I receive my PR card. But I'm a bit worried that even when I successfully fool the airline so I can on-board and when I fly back to Toronto, the Canadian border office would deny my entry for the exact same reason at Service Ontario. Anyone has suggestions?

sia_kb8 said:
I landed August 29-2014, I got my card Dec 9-2014 (two days before my departure). It was such an emotional roller-coaster. The reason it took them so long was because the CBSA officer who did my landing by mistake gave me back both copies of my CO-PR. I realized this shortly, went back to the border (BWB) gave them the form and they said they were going to send it to Sydney. But as I learned, once card printing deviates from its norms, you ought to expect long delays. The best part is that no one really has any information and no one takes any responsibility. There are simply no notes whatsoever anywhere to tell you why this was delayed, where the files and whether it's being processed or not. Anyway, I got to experience the incompetencies of CBSA and CIC first hand.

Now when they were trying to "help" me resolve my situation, they specially mentioned that it's perfectly ok for me to travel to Canada with my old student visa (provided it's not expired). Here's the reasoning: you cannot be denied your right as PR to enter Canada, so long as you present yourself to a port of entry and provide ample documentation supporting your residency status in Canada (read: CO-PR). The visa is to just placate the airlines if you flying in.

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
Finally colleagues, my CC has been charged today Feb 4!

Application received Dec 1.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you not get a wet seal in your passport? When I went to service Canada and service ontario, they both couldnt see my landing date as it was very unclear in CoPR client copy and I told them, there is wet seal stamped in my passport behind the white paper. They immediatly noticed that it was my entry date and they issued a new sin number and a new Ohip card for me. You will have no problem with immigration at the airport, because they can find your records in the system in case they don't accept your CoPR. However service ontario and service canada have no access to immigration database and thats probably why they rejected your Ohip.

q30327 said:
That is a very useful piece of information! I will get my PR card in 4-6 weeks but I need to fly in 2 weeks. My student visa is valid and the immigration officer tear off my study permit when I landed. It is worth trying to fool the airline using my old student visa and enter Canada with my CoPR.

I found a problem with my CoPR today when I was in service ontario trying to get the health card. They said that the date of landing is not filled and there is missing a stamp where I wrote my address. They said it is not valid and I can't apply for ontario health insurance with that. I'm not too worried about the OHIP coverage since the three-month period count since the landing date and I can apply later when I receive my PR card. But I'm a bit worried that even when I successfully fool the airline so I can on-board and when I fly back to Toronto, the Canadian border office would deny my entry for the exact same reason at Service Ontario. Anyone has suggestions?

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
q30327 said:

Expect long delays for PR card printing. Problems with CO-PR are by far the most common reason for delays. They will let you in, though. That your CO-PR has a couple error does not negate the fact that you are a permanent resident.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
pepe84 said:

Hi pepe

I never was asked for RCMP check. I just sent my police certificate. Why some people talking about that?

I never was asked for RCMP check. I just sent my police certificate.