+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here it is, but we are following the spread sheet for all NOCs because the PhD spread sheet is out of date. Look at applicants with VO at CPC Ottawa only.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gAbKSoDoOr1s8_raB1qwz0i-ZH0NyNWhhn18O6kHwQ

blackrock said:
Hi guys can you share the spread sheet, the spread sheet I am following don't show any applicant in May under PhD stream category, it means I am looking into wrong spreadsheet.

mirzathegr8

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
September 10, 2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
September 11, 2014
Med's Done....
October 23, 2014
Passport Req..
January 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2015
LANDED..........
February 2, 2015
I think this list may not be complete since my record is not in that list. So I suppose there should be more than 37 applicants in May. By the way, I am an April 3rd applicant and but still waiting for the passport request.

pepe84 said:
Hey guys,

I was able to load the FSW 2014 Global Spread Sheet this morning and spent few minutes doing some research on it. I found that only 7 post-May 2014 applicants have got their passport request by CPC Ottawa (I am only counting CPC Ottawa) and the last one who got passport request was a May 20 applicant. Therefore, I have reached to the following conclusion "Expect Delays Guys". Only when CPC Ottawa has cleared all May 2014 applicants still waiting for passport request, then they will ask June applicants to send their passports. For your information, there are 37 May 2014 applicants with medicals requested/submitted and still waiting for passport request. So only when CPC Ottawa has finished with those 37 applicants then June applicants will start getting their passport request email. Frustrating but that's how it is ???

So guys, " Be Patient Please" there is nothing wrong with your files, it's just normal delays!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like I said before, your application was probably assessed in Ottawa, not in Sydney because you are a pre-May applicant. I think your file was handled by a crew different to post-May applicant's crew. Yes, there should be more than 37 applicants, of course, those who have not signed up yet in this forum !

mirzathegr8 said:
I think this list may not be complete since my record is not in that list. So I suppose there should be more than 37 applicants in May. By the way, I am an April 3rd applicant and but still waiting for the passport request.

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
I feel the process to send passport is slower down in comparison to getting PER and medical request, I feel must be patient and wait that's what we can do at the moment but I wish everyone will get the PR very soon.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my documents by canada xpresspost. I assumed that because it is not a courier and is a part of canada post but with tracking number, I should send it to the regular mail address for phd category. Am I right?

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zorroo said:
I sent my documents by canada xpresspost. I assumed that because it is not a courier and is a part of canada post but with tracking number, I should send it to the regular mail address for phd category. Am I right?
I mean sending the documents to Sydney. I used canada xpresspost with this address:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
PhD Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: XXXX
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 8300
Sydney, NS
B1P 0B6
Canada

Is that OK? Is there anybody who used the same address with canada xpresspost?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
zorroo said:
I mean sending the documents to Sydney. I used canada xpresspost with this address:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
PhD Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: XXXX
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 8300
Sydney, NS
B1P 0B6
Canada

Is that OK? Is there anybody who used the same address with canada xpresspost?
Many of us including myself and my friends did the same as you. Don't worry ;)

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Viva2014 said:
Many of us including myself and my friends did the same as you. Don't worry ;)
Thanks. Since I saw that the address is po box and this service (xpresspost) needs signature, I got worried.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
zorroo said:
Thanks. Since I saw that the address is po box and this service (xpresspost) needs signature, I got worried.
When I wanted to send my application, that staff asked me whether the signature is required or not and I said "no" to her. It means that by default it does not require the signature unless otherwise stated. Even, if it wasn't delivered (required signature), it would be returned to you by now.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Viva2014 said:
When I wanted to send my application, that staff asked me whether the signature is required or not and I said "no" to her. It means that by default it does not require the signature unless otherwise stated. Even, if it wasn't delivered (required signature), it would be returned to you by now.
No, I did not ask for signature. Just purchased a xprersspot envelope which has tracking number and sent it. By the way, were you able to track it afterwards for po box address?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
zorroo said:
No, I did not ask for signature. Just purchased a xprersspot envelope which has tracking number and sent it. By the way, were you able to track it afterwards for po box address?
Yes I was and it was successfully delivered.

sa-ha

May 24, 2013
arian_arian said:
Neither "decision made" nor "PPR" !

I did my medical on Sep 15th !!!

Too much waiting!!!!!!!!!!!
The worse situation for me. 4 months waiting after medical!!!! And still nothing. I am really tired of waiting :( :( :( :( :(
I heard that we can have an appointment with a Member of Parliament and ask him/her to check with CIC if everything is OK. Do you think it is good idea to do that?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why don't you order GCMS notes to see what's going on? When was your application submitted to CIO?

You may require further admissibility checks, are you from a politically complicated country?

sa-ha said:
The worse situation for me. 4 months waiting after medical!!!! And still nothing. I am really tired of waiting :( :( :( :( :(
I heard that we can have an appointment with a Member of Parliament and ask him/her to check with CIC if everything is OK. Do you think it is good idea to do that?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has any of you sent RPRF receipt electronically only? I did it electronically and then by regular mail. I did not want to pay extra for express. I wonder if any of you sent it electronically and was successful?

After I sent my RPRF via email, I got the following response:

We have received your email sent to CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca<mailto:CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca> and we’ll update your information shortly. Please do not reply to this message. Replies to this e-mail will not be acknowledged as this email address is exclusively reserved for cost recovery.

Your application is going through the required assessment process and be assured that we dedicate all our efforts to processing the applications as quickly as possible.

Regards,

CASE PROCESSING CENTER – OTTAWA (CPC-O)

sa-ha

May 24, 2013
pepe84 said:
Why don't you order GCMS notes to see what's going on? When was your application submitted to CIO?

You may require further admissibility checks, are you from a politically complicated country?
I ordered one before receiving medical that just showed the point. and I ordered another one more than a month ago and I have not receive that yet. That makes me worry too. Is it possible that they lost my application? ;)
I am from Iran. But many Iranian received PPR even after 20-30 Days after they medical.