+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
prapplicant13 said:
Hi

It is taking long in your case but it is still O.K.. I have been waiting for 160 days now after medical and according to MP it is still in background check. I think depending on your major at University and your research area it could take longer. However last week the officer asked me for my new passport so I guess they have finished with what they call background check and they need my new passport info to sent the PPR (hopefully).
I just told my story to tell you that your case is fine and the fact that for some people it takes a few days does not mean that you have a problem. The is light at the end of tunnel so just be patient. :)

I also suggest to follow up with your MP if no news in two weeks. The MP is able to at least check if they have received all the documents and medical and why is it still in process.
160 days after medical! OMG!

darkknight1

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
I can see a second line on my ECAS now. first one is for receiving.

"2. We started processing your application on October 31, 2014."

is it normal?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the same thing and exactly on the same day Oct 31. It seems our files reached Ottawa at the same time :)

darkknight1 said:
I can see a second line on my ECAS now. first one is for receiving.

"2. We started processing your application on October 31, 2014."

is it normal?

darkknight1

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
pepe84 said:
I have the same thing and exactly on the same day Oct 31. It seems our files reached Ottawa at the same time :)
I think so pepe84. today i did my medicals. its easy and no need to worry about the cold that you have now.
doctor told me that it takes a week to send the results to a health office and health office will forward them to cic.
i need to send rprf receipt.
hope everything goes smoothly from here.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great! My medical exam is this Thursday and the doctor told me it takes 3 business days to be uploaded in CIC system (not sure if thats true though) . However, I am still waiting for PCC which are not gonna be easy to get soon. :(
By the way, who was your visa officer?
Mine was RK6165

I believe this is the code for my visa officer and it's written next to Case Processin' Center at the bottom of the RPRF email.

darkknight1 said:
I think so pepe84. today i did my medicals. its easy and no need to worry about the cold that you have now.
doctor told me that it takes a week to send the results to a health office and health office will forward them to cic.
i need to send rprf receipt.
hope everything goes smoothly from here.

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
I just checked my application status in CIC website. it's shown that "Medical results have been received." Will they give the message for RPRF as well? Should I send the e-receipt again if I didn't see any message showing they've received the RPRF receipts?

Thanks.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
mapleisland said:
I just checked my application status in CIC website. it's shown that "Medical results have been received." Will they give the message for RPRF as well? Should I send the e-receipt again if I didn't see any message showing they've received the RPRF receipts?

Thanks.
Nope, No update for RPRF will be shown.

Jun zheng

May 15, 2014
Hi, I applied for immigration and got the file number recently, It seems applicants get their medical requests faster than before now based on the application track. it only takes about 5 months.

By the way, when is the best time to get the ATIP? Thanks.

Are their any suggestions?

Ace_2012

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2013
Doc's Request.
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2013
Med's Request
6 June 2014
Med's Done....
30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
prapplicant13 said:
Hi

It is taking long in your case but it is still O.K.. I have been waiting for 160 days now after medical and according to MP it is still in background check. I think depending on your major at University and your research area it could take longer. However last week the officer asked me for my new passport so I guess they have finished with what they call background check and they need my new passport info to sent the PPR (hopefully).
I just told my story to tell you that your case is fine and the fact that for some people it takes a few days does not mean that you have a problem. The is light at the end of tunnel so just be patient. :)
I am right after you with a difference of 10 days! I have not contacted MP, but they told me that everything is received and I have to wait! It is getting too long now and unfortunately it is not certain when it will get finalized! :mad: :mad: :mad:

unruffledterry

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
Hi. If I might ask, when did you do your medicals? Thanks

mapleisland said:

Thanks.

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
arian_arian said:
I can tell you what has happened!

There was one officer who rejected lots of applicants for a stupid reason ("assist" word and "lead statement" and "main duties").

After that, "SO MANY" applicants (including myself) took the case to the Federal Court and won the case in the court and their cases were sent back to CIC for re-determination. This is becoming a SCANDAL for CIC. Therefore I think they have decided to contact everyone who was rejected for that stupid reason and re-determine their applications.

You should be happy and thankful to early applicants who started to take the case to the Federal Court (Dani1982 and ...) .

Best of luck,
I was rejected due to these same reasons but this was almost a year ago or so. Currently I am waiting for my ECA from U of T but its been more than 3 months. So I have not been able to reapply yet. Is there any chance I can get my previous case reopened as well given that its been quite a while since it was closed ?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Anyone received their passport back from Ottawa or Xpresspost tracker activated recently??

Also, does anyone know how to contact them if I need passport urgently?

jlspszm

Nov 5, 2014
zedd4x said:
I was rejected due to these same reasons but this was almost a year ago or so. Currently I am waiting for my ECA from U of T but its been more than 3 months. So I have not been able to reapply yet. Is there any chance I can get my previous case reopened as well given that its been quite a while since it was closed ?

I am new here, just wander usually how much time will U of T take to finish the ECA?