+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
arian_arian said:
I did the same thing. Please let us know if you get any reply.

Thanks,
Did you get any reply from CIC? I emailed my updated reference letter on Thursday August 21 to Ottawa and asked them for acknowledge, but no reply so far. Should I email again or still waiting?

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
I emailed them three times recently, and none of the emails got the auto-replies. I think something must be wrong with the system.

vivi said:
Did you get any reply from CIC? I emailed my updated reference letter on Thursday August 21 to Ottawa and asked them for acknowledge, but no reply so far. Should I email again or still waiting?

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Henry.Nguyen said:
I emailed them three times recently, and none of the emails got the auto-replies. I think something must be wrong with the system.
I emailed as well, did not get the auto-reply message but heard back from a CIC officer.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aalm said:
Hi all,
Does anyone in this group take the OHIP Card after getting the PER e-mail from Toronto?
The 777 College Street is saying FSW are not eligible for OHIP and even after getting the actual card, I still have to wait for 3 months.

Secondly, How is the landing experience in the Niagara Falls?
You might want to try another Service Ontario location.

After I got PER, I went to the closest Service Ontario office. I knew (from this forum) that they had to refuse my application so I could appeal and get my OHIP. When I told a lady that I want to apply for OHIP and showed my PER, she said that PER does not prove my eligibility for OHIP. I showed her the list of documents that "prove"eligibility (List #1 from the Ontario Health Insurance Coverage Document List), but she replied "Neither me or anyone else at our location is trained to process OHIP applications for temporary residents". I asked her to give me any "refusal" letter, but she said that she could not refuse my application because my application was not complete (did not contain a proof of eligibility). When I was leaving, she said that I should go to the "main" Service Ontario location in the city and gave me an address.

When I got to this "main" office, it was very smooth:
- Hi, I was found eligible to apply for PR and I want to apply for OHIP
- No problem, give me a letter CIC sent you

After that she took a huge binder, found a PER template for a PhD stream, compared it with my PER, and said the letter was fine. After that I filled some form, provided a signature sample, and they took a picture of me. She gave me a letter confirming that my OHIP starts on [PER date + 3 months] and ends on [PER date + 1 year - 1 day]. She also said that I would need to apply for new OHIP once I got PR.

josh123

Mar 27, 2014
I got the passport request. But it requested my spouse's and my passports to be sent at the same time. It also says to contact them by email if I could not send the passport to CPP-Ottawa. I emailed them at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca to ask whether they could arrange my spouse's visa in my home country, but I have not received any reply yet. Weird thing is that I didnot get automatically reply from this email address after I send my question to it. Does anybody have this experience? Thanks

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Many thanks Vasyok.
Could you please inbox the name of that branch?
The 777 CS is the biggest one, but I think they more but wrong things. I have a "FAQ" printed from the website says its eligible. Then she called head office and head office said its for CEC or others who applied from Canada not FSW. What a bullshit.
Pls give me the address.

vasyok said:
You might want to try another Service Ontario location.

After I got PER, I went to the closest Service Ontario office. I knew (from this forum) that they had to refuse my application so I could appeal and get my OHIP. When I told a lady that I want to apply for OHIP and showed my PER, she said that PER does not prove my eligibility for OHIP. I showed her the list of documents that "prove"eligibility (List #1 from the Ontario Health Insurance Coverage Document List), but she replied "Neither me or anyone else at our location is trained to process OHIP applications for temporary residents". I asked her to give me any "refusal" letter, but she said that she could not refuse my application because my application was not complete (did not contain a proof of eligibility). When I was leaving, she said that I should go to the "main" Service Ontario location in the city and gave me an address.

When I got to this "main" office, it was very smooth:
- Hi, I was found eligible to apply for PR and I want to apply for OHIP
- No problem, give me a letter CIC sent you

After that she took a huge binder, found a PER template for a PhD stream, compared it with my PER, and said the letter was fine. After that I filled some form, provided a signature sample, and they took a picture of me. She gave me a letter confirming that my OHIP starts on [PER date + 3 months] and ends on [PER date + 1 year - 1 day]. She also said that I would need to apply for new OHIP once I got PR.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Josh, when did your status get updated?
My e-cas updated on Friday night but still no e-mail

josh123 said:
I got the passport request. But it requested my spouse's and my passports to be sent at the same time. It also says to contact them by email if I could not send the passport to CPP-Ottawa. I emailed them at CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca to ask whether they could arrange my spouse's visa in my home country, but I have not received any reply yet. Weird thing is that I didnot get automatically reply from this email address after I send my question to it. Does anybody have this experience? Thanks

josh123

Mar 27, 2014
I am not sure when. I didnot follow the status everyday. I did my Medical on July 28 th.
aalm said:

Sthind

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
4012 and 4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 25 2014
Med's Request
July 25 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 11 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2014
LANDED..........
Sep 23 2014
aalm said:
Most of the time you get PPR request just after couple of days your status updated to DECISION MADE. BUt in my case I got PPR on Friday and my status was "In process" till monday. Only on Tuesday I found that DECISION MADE has been added. I also saw from the forum that they are sending mass emails. Me and so many people from this forum got PPR request on Friday at 11:01. Probably you will be getting it very soon most likely before Friday or definitely on Friday. :)

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
vivi said:
I did not receive any reply! I emailed my updated reference letter on August 18 and asked them for acknowledge! I have not sent another email!

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Congratz! How long did it take?

quote author=Raylocke link=topic=87348.msg3461442#msg3461442 date=1409095991]
Visa received. Will go for landing tomorrow :)
[/quote]