+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
albaik, karanoha, sa-ha, dr.mecha, do you have any good news to share with us guys? ;)

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Hi Vasyok,

Unfortunately, I don't have any news to share, I hope the other guys have something to share.

I've ordered GCMS notes, I'll share any useful data on it. Finger crossed that I provide updates about the passport request prior receiving the notes ..

Best Regards,

vasyok said:
albaik, karanoha, sa-ha, dr.mecha, do you have any good news to share with us guys? ;)

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Hi Guys,

I need your help.

Number 8 in checklist is "proof of Admission".
1. Which types of documents should I put in my application for this section ( I am living in Canada)? Just certified copies of passport from ID pages, Canadian visa, and study permit?
2. what about the stamps? should I put the copy of entry stamps to Canada? What about other countries including home country's entry/exit stamps?
3. Should I get certified copies for stamps too or only copies would be enough?

Thank you.

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
I have the same questions. Also what do you mean by certified copies? How should I certify passport ID page? or canadian visa and study permit??

Viva2014 said:
Hi Guys,

I need your help.

Number 8 in checklist is "proof of Admission".
1. Which types of documents should I put in my application for this section ( I am living in Canada)? Just certified copies of passport from ID pages, Canadian visa, and study permit?
2. what about the stamps? should I put the copy of entry stamps to Canada? What about other countries including home country's entry/exit stamps?
3. Should I get certified copies for stamps too or only copies would be enough?

Thank you.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
absolute_boy97 said:
I have the same questions. Also what do you mean by certified copies? How should I certify passport ID page? or canadian visa and study permit??
Retrieved from CIC website:
Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature.

Who can certify copies?

Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:

a commissioner of oaths (authority to certify varies by province and territory)
a notary public
a justice of the peace

Outside Canada:

a judge
a magistrate
a notary public
an officer of a court of justice
a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living

Family members may not certify copies of your documents.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
absolute_boy97 said:
guys, is it 33hr/wk or 37.5 hrs/week that my supervisor should put in the letter??
According to the current regulation, the minimum number of 30 hours paid work per week is considered as full time.

karanoha

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
vasyok said:
Nothing so far ..!!! still waiting...

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Thanks but in the document checklist it does not mention that for example the passpot copy needs to be certified!! its the first time I am hearing this

Viva2014 said:
Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

his or her name,
his or her signature.

Who can certify copies?

In Canada:

a notary public
a justice of the peace

Outside Canada:

a judge
a magistrate
a notary public
a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Thanks but in the document checklist it does not mention that for example the passpot copy needs to be certified!! its the first time I am hearing this. And in case this is right, does this mean that alll copies like ECA (education creditials) + proof of relationship in Canada+proof of residency etc ect all should be notarized??

Viva2014 said:
Certified true copies

his or her name,
his or her signature.

Who can certify copies?

In Canada:

a notary public
a justice of the peace

Outside Canada:

a judge
a magistrate
a notary public

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
I have seen many students submitted application without a single copy notarized or certified.
As the cost is higher, people avoid it.

But the right procedure (according to CIC) that you submit notarized/certified copy of each and every document that is a photocopy of the original.

In the checklist they asked for "copies" for everything and "copies" means they have to be notarized or certified.
How you will submit, its totally up to you.

absolute_boy97 said:
Thanks but in the document checklist it does not mention that for example the passpot copy needs to be certified!! its the first time I am hearing this. And in case this is right, does this mean that alll copies like ECA (education creditials) + proof of relationship in Canada+proof of residency etc ect all should be notarized??

Jun zheng

May 15, 2014
Hi, everyone
I mailed my application documents to Sydney on July 1st, but I have not received my file number yet. Is that normal?
I think normally people get application number around 1 month. Any suggestions?

Jun

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jun zheng said:
Hi, everyone
I mailed my application documents to Sydney on July 1st, but I have not received my file number yet. Is that normal?

Jun
You will need to wait at least 2 months. Check the FSW 2014 thread on this forum (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2014-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here-t199004.0.html) - CIO is now working on mid-May applicants.

After 8-10 weeks you can ping CIO via email and ask about your application.

RA_toronto

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2013
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-12-2013
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Passport Req..
12-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
I mailed in September, received the first email in December. That's normal. Same thing happened to many other September, October applicants. I wouldn't worry about it. I also suggest you share your timeline and ask to be added to the tracker. So you can compare your timeline to others applied around the same time you did. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag-ASbHOIF93dDlLNjAtR1k4eGNtZ0xhSzkzYnBrVmc#gid=0

Jun zheng said:
Hi, everyone

Jun

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
I have Q from those who applied for the 2nd or 3rd time.

For documents that we already submitted once in the first applcation, such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, transcripts, etc., should we submit documents again, or we can refer to the previous application where they presumably already have them?

Is there any expiry date for official translations? For example, is it OK to submit a birth certificate that was translated 4 years ago?