+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Jubayer said:
Hi hooman2012,

For me it is the worst. I have been waiting for more than one and a half month after "Decision Made". I sent them an email two weeks ago and also requested GCMS notes. Still haven't heard back from them. Will notify the forum as soon as I hear something back. Thinking about calling them as well.

Jubayer
I also contacted the Doctor to see if there is something wrong with my medical, they told me, you are healthy and you did not have any problem. So , I am pretty sure I must receive my Passport request.

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
hooman2012 said:
I also contacted the Doctor to see if there is something wrong with my medical, they told me, you are healthy and you did not have any problem. So , I am pretty sure I must receive my Passport request.
It is the same for me. My physician confirmed that she submitted my medical results on June 13 and still no update even no update on my ecas status!!

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Melhem1 said:
It is the same for me. My physician confirmed that she submitted my medical results on June 13 and still no update even no update on my ecas status!!
It is not the same, actually even my status has been changed from medical recived to Decision made, but I have not received my Passport request yet.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
hooman2012 said:
It is not the same, actually even my status has been changed from medical recived to Decision made, but I have not received my Passport request yet.
It could be criminality or Security still under process. When are you supposed to receive your GCMS?

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Thanks, Parkinson!

Parkinson said:
Based on the new rules after May 2013 you don't need to complete a program (but, just at least two academic years of full-time study) to get 5 adaptability points and the case of Sarsanballa proved this in this forum.

OP 6-C page 22:
"Award five points if the principal applicant completed at least two academic years of full-time study (in a program of at least two years in duration) at a secondary or post-secondary institution in Canada.
To be eligible for points, the principal applicant must have remained in good academic standing (as defined by the institution) during the period of full-time study in Canada. The applicant is not required to have obtained an educational credential for completing a program in Canada; they simply must have completed at least two years of study in a program of at least two years in duration."

They used to not give those points before May 2013 as happened to your friend.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
wintercolder said:
Hi all,

I got the medical test request at an inopportune time... I just moved to Ontario last week, and send my "change my address" request on the cic website this Monday. However, since it takes 2 weeks for processing the change request, but I got the medical test today and the address on the form is still the old one. How should I deal with this case? Is it OK I send email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca? Thanks a million for all help!
Just ask the doctor to update your address. In our case, our telephone numbers were changed; we asked the doctor to update it. At the same time, send an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca and inform them about your address change.

saeedp62

Mar 24, 2013
Please update the tracker:

I received PRPF, Medical Examination and RCMP request on July 14th, 2014.
This even shed more light on my application and makes me hopeful to be landed by the end of 2014 ! ;D

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
chakri264 said:
It could be criminality or Security still under process. When are you supposed to receive your GCMS?
Actually it is not that, cause if it was, it would not say decision made. Cause they do not make decision unless the security check is finished. and I never order GCMS

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
hooman2012 said:
Actually it is not that, cause if it was, it would not say decision made. Cause they do not make decision unless the security check is finished. and I never order GCMS
You are right. I missed that point.

tandysony

Apr 17, 2014
I just got RPRF and Medical requests from CPC-Ottawa, please update.

The explanatory letter on my intention to reside outside of Quebec has been accepted. ;D

One question: Do I need to send a hardcopy of RPRF receipt to Ottawa or an email would be OK?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
hooman2012 said:
Got my Passport request today.
tandysony said:
I just got RPRF and Medical requests from CPC-Ottawa, please update.

The explanatory letter on my intention to reside outside of Quebec has been accepted. ;D

One question: Do I need to send a hardcopy of RPRF receipt to Ottawa or an email would be OK?

Congratulations! :)
You don't need to send the hard copy. The email is enough.

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
vivi said:
Hello guys,

I did a mistake in my RA letter and now I don't know how to fix it. I claimed 40 hours/week, while based of the comments in this forum I should claim 25 hours/week. I can get a new letter from my supervisor as an update letter; however I am afraid if it causes a misrepresentation and consequently a rejection on my application. I really appreciate if you guys tell me how I can fix this mistake.
I should note that I've also attached another work experience letter to my application as my second occupation. Now I think that was better if I put this work experience as my main occupation. Is there any way I change the order of my work experiences?
Any idea?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
vivi said:
Any idea?
vivi said:
Is there any way I change the order of my work experiences?
I remember that one applicant asked this question from Ottawa. They answered that he could do this by sending an updated schedule 3 form.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
vivi said:
Any idea?
Hi vivi,

You claimed 40 hours in your initial letter thats fine. In the supplementary letter explain how that 40 hours work is constituted. Mention that 25 hours were spent for a project other than your PhD project and 15 hours were spent towards your own (PhD) research project. That should work. Make sure to mention that this is a supplementary letter to your initial letter and do no forget to date it. If you want to change the main occupation you have to update the schedule-3 form. Hope this information helps.