Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-07-2014
Guys,

I have a good news and a "not good"news to share with you. Just now I have received my CoPR :). However, CPC made a mistake while writing the "Original Entry Date" :(. Could any of you suggest me that if I can proceed for "landing" with this CoPR or I need to wait to get a corrected CoPR from CPC?

Thanks.

Sohag

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Hi Chakri,

Thank you for your reply. I finished my masters here in Canada. Should I send the transcript for masters and PhD as copies or originals?

Should I have an ECA report for bachelors degrees and secondary degree? I think if I have completed my masters degree from Canada I do not need to have an ECA report. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

chakri264 said:
1. No need to be signed by country's external affairs. Just the company's seal/stamp is enough.
2. Just copies are enough since you are already sending ECA report.

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Hi Albaik,

I have relpied to Chakri. Sorry, I was not clear and did not fully explain my case. I finished my masters here in Canada but my bachelors and secondary schooling was outside Canada. Should I send the transcript for masters and PhD as copies or originals?

Should I have an ECA report for bachelors degrees and secondary degree? I think if I have completed my masters degree from Canada I do not need to have an ECA report. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for your help

albaik said:
Hi Hisham,

This forum is meant to share experiences and learn from each others. I hope I have been helpful as several people have been very helpful to me and provided advices when I needed them.

I hope this will continue and you provide advices to newbies when you become very close to get your PR (finger crossed).

Thanks to you for considering posting a "Thank you" note.

Regarding your questions and Wintercolder question ... Chakri has provided the answers that I totally support.

I wish everybody a happy ending after very long months of waiting to start a new life in Canada.

Best Regards,

haithy

Jan 4, 2013
MAKSohag said:
Guys,

I have a good news and a "not good"news to share with you. Just now I have received my CoPR :). However, CPC made a mistake while writing the "Original Entry Date" :(. Could any of you suggest me that if I can proceed for "landing" with this CoPR or I need to wait to get a corrected CoPR from CPC?

Thanks.

Sohag
they made the same mistake with my CoPR and with my daughter's as well. and i already landed yesterday. I guess it is fine

BC_PhD

Jul 10, 2014
Guys,

My family has submitted an application under PhD stream in March 2013. We have completed our medical exams and paid the right of permanent residence in May 2014. In June, we had the "ready for visa" email which we sent out our passports right away.

Today, one month after sending our passports to CPP-Ottawa, they have returned our passports along with a note that our application is not yet finalized, therefore they return our passports!

We have no idea what does that mean! Does it mean that they have rejected us? Does anybody encounter something like this before?
Please help guys!

The e-case still showing decision made.
Thanks

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
It sounds very strange, but i think you should order the Global Case Management System (GCMS) from CIC to see what happened there. Although it will arrive after 30 days, it's better than being blind of info.

BC_PhD said:
Guys,

My family has submitted an application under PhD stream in March 2013. We have completed our medical exams and paid the right of permanent residence in May 2014. In June, we had the "ready for visa" email which we sent out our passports right away.

Today, one month after sending our passports to CPP-Ottawa, they have returned our passports along with a note that our application is not yet finalized, therefore they return our passports!

We have no idea what does that mean! Does it mean that they have rejected us? Does anybody encounter something like this before?
Please help guys!

The e-case still showing decision made.
Thanks

BC_PhD

Jul 10, 2014
Guys,

Anybody has Snow_Walker's email address by any chance? Please inbox me. really need to ask him a question.

Thanks

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Hisham984 said:
Hi Chakri,

Thank you for your reply. I finished my masters here in Canada. Should I send the transcript for masters and PhD as copies or originals?

Thanks
Yeah, you do not have to provide ECA report since your highest level of education is from Canada. But send original transcripts for Master's and PhD.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
MAKSohag said:
Guys,

Thanks.

Sohag
Just go ahead and land.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Finally, I am there... I got passport request at 11pm last night. :)

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Hi parkinson,

There was a debate in the forum to which address the passport has to be sent if it is by Canada post express post. Someone was suggesting to send it by express canada post but to courier address instead of postal address for the faster response. What do you suggest? I couldn't find that information again in the forum. Please help.

Thanks.

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Hi Chakri,

My understanding is the delay may occur if you send your passport using regular post instead of XpressPost. However, when you use XpressPost, it does not matter where you send it, Canada Post (P.O.Box) or Courier are almost the same processing time.

Best Regards,

chakri264 said:
Hi parkinson,

There was a debate in the forum to which address the passport has to be sent if it is by Canada post express post. Someone was suggesting to send it by express canada post but to courier address instead of postal address for the faster response. What do you suggest? I couldn't find that infirmation again in the forum. Please help.

Thanks.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
albaik said:
Hi Chakri,

My understanding is the delay may occur if you send your passport using regular post instead of XpressPost. However, when you use XpressPost, it does not matter where you send it, Canada Post (P.O.Box) or Courier are almost the same processing time.

Best Regards,
Thank you albaik.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
chakri264 said:
Hi parkinson,

There was a debate in the forum to which address the passport has to be sent if it is by Canada post express post. Someone was suggesting to send it by express canada post but to courier address instead of postal address for the faster response. What do you suggest? I couldn't find that information again in the forum. Please help.

Thanks.
Send it by express post to courier address.
I got the passports with visa back today. I also got the answer to my own question: you just need to complete the "to" section of return package. They will stick their address on the "from" section their selves.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Parkinson said:
I got the passports with visa back today. Send it by express post to courier address. I also got the answer to my own question: you just need to complete the "to" section of return package. They will stick their address on the "from" section their selves.
Perfect. Thanks for the quick response. I will find my way to Canada post outlet today.