+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, regarding to the landing process, we can make an appointment and land in our cities, why a lot of people still went to the boarder to finish the landing. I am just curious.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
mike5182 said:
Hi everyone, regarding to the landing process, we can make an appointment and land in our cities, why a lot of people still went to the boarder to finish the landing. I am just curious.
Can you explain how? Doea it take two months or so?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
For me it sounds great. I do not beleive in 25 hours letters. You work in a project. I hope that it is clear that not related to your thesis or separate from your study. But if you can add this meaning that will be better of course.

vivi said:
Hello guys,

Among the recent comments, I found out that “Full-time University Research Assistant (RA)-40 hours per week” is not acceptable by CIC, because it should be maximum 25 hours per week. This is my work experience letter that I have attached to my application as my primary occupation, and submitted at February 2014. Would you please check my letter? and let me know if this letter is acceptable or not? If it is not acceptable, how I can fix this problem? Can I resubmit another RA experience letter with 25 hours per week? Isn't it misrepresentation? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

February 3, 2014

To whom it may concern:

This is to confirm that Mr. XXX XXX has worked in my research group in the XXX lab, Faculty of XXX, XXX University, as a Full-time University Research Assistant (RA), effective from September 1, 2011 to January 31, 2014. During these two years and five months, he has been assisting me in conducting a research project entitled “XXX”. Detail of her annual income and benefits for his research assistantship has been summarized as follows:

• September 1, 2011 - December 31, 2011 XXX $
• January 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012 XXX $
• January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013 XXX $
• January 1, 2014 - January 31, 2014 XXX $1

During the period of contract mentioned above, he has worked 40 hours per week. The total work experience as a RA accumulated by Mr. XXX is 1920 hours per annum to accomplish the following responsibilities assigned to his according to the project time-table. His duties include:

• Carry out literature reviews and surveys to identify new XXX, their behaviour and XXX methods proposed by other researchers.
• Conduct experiments in the laboratory test-bed to depict a real-world environment toward the research purposes. In the test-bed, XXX user's behaviour and XXX behaviour are simulated.
• Explore various XXX techniques to design and implement a XXX system which can identify XXX behaviour.
• Analyze obtained research data and results and assist the professor to prepare journal articles and papers in peer-reviewed scientific conferences and journals such as:
o XXX
o XXX
o XXX
• Assist the supervisor with undergrad students' research in the XXX lab.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Dr. XXX
Professor
XXX University
Faculty of XXX

minhas13

Jun 12, 2014
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I applied for FSW under PhD stream in feb 2013. I got an email from cic that they need some proof that I am staying in Ontario province. I provided them documents like my bank account, driving licence in Ontario etc. Then I got an email 4 days back , that my application has been refused because I do not have sufficient funds to economically establish myself in Canada. They took my bank statement I sent to show my address proof, as a document to access my financial situation. unfortunately I had $1000 less in my that account. Had they asked me about my financial situation I would have provided mine other account too (together i had sufficient money).

I am very disappointed, as this is very unjustified reason, to reject. They cannot make a decision without giving me opportunity to provide the required documents.

Please suggest me what should I do now?

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Hi minhas13,

minhas13 said:
I am new to this forum. I applied for FSW under PhD stream in feb 2013. I got an email from cic that they need some proof that I am staying in Ontario province. I provided them documents like my bank account, driving licence in Ontario etc. Then I got an email 4 days back , that my application has been refused because I do not have sufficient funds to economically establish myself in Canada. They took my bank statement I sent to show my address proof, as a document to access my financial situation. unfortunately I had $1000 less in my that account. Had they asked me about my financial situation I would have provided mine other account too (together i had sufficient money).

I am very disappointed, as this is very unjustified reason, to reject. They cannot make a decision without giving me opportunity to provide the required documents.

Please suggest me what should I do now?
Write an email to CPP-Ottawa explaining your situation. Attach this bank statement and all other statements that you have, which, combined, would make it clear you had enough money on the day they refused your application. If you *did* have enough money and they just assessed your file based on what you've sent them for a different purpose, it is clearly a mistake on their part. If they reject your appeal (which is possible), I would go to the MP and to the Federal Court---there was a person here (Dani1982) who exhausted all these options without hiring a lawyer, and won the appeal in the Federal Court.

Just try to do everything as quickly as possible because there is a time limit (15 days) for the judicial review of the officer's decision.

Best of luck!

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landing inside Canada:
call 18882422100,select 1 (language),select 1 (immigration),select 2(Permanent Resident),select 0(Urgent Number, talk to people) to make an appointment. It looks like taking longer than going directly to the boarder.

salam20 said:
Can you explain how? Doea it take two months or so?

minhas13

Jun 12, 2014
Hi Kg.jadu,

Thanks for the suggestions. I emailed them the situation, but I am not hoping that they will reply within 15 days time. So should I apply for the appeal too?
By MP, you mean I should contact a member of parliament?

Thanks again

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
minhas13 said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I emailed them the situation, but I am not hoping that they will reply within 15 days time. So should I apply for the appeal too?
By MP, you mean I should contact a member of parliament?
When exactly were you rejected, and when did you email them? Usually they reply within 3- to 4-days time but sometimes it takes weeks, or they can ignore your inquiry whatsoever.
I would schedule an appointment with the MP (Member of Parliament) right away, literally do it in the morning. You can find your MP via the following link: http://bit.ly/1cuJOxO. When you go to the MP, have all the documents handy, and explain the situation. They will contact CIC and ask to review your file---usually this is sufficient.

I would also contact Dani1982 and ask about the procedure for the judicial review. You can put together the application while waiting for the CIC/MP response. Also, I am not sure about the 15-days rule, maybe it is not as strict as they say? Anyways, ask Dani1982, he is our local expert on the Federal Court right now.

minhas13

Jun 12, 2014
I got their email on 6th june (friday), and replied with bank statement (dated 6th june) on 9th (monday).
I will schedule an appointment with MP tomorrow morning.

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
mike5182 said:
Well it depends on your luck...sometimes appointments with them take really long...so it helps going to the border...

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
Thanks! It made me feel comfortable :)

salam20 said:
For me it sounds great. I do not beleive in 25 hours letters. You work in a project. I hope that it is clear that not related to your thesis or separate from your study. But if you can add this meaning that will be better of course.

Jun 18, 2013
Hi, all.
I just received the email about RPRF and medical exam.
One question though: I pay the RPRF but one the receipt there is no information about myself, namely, the payer information is empty. Did do something wrong?

Thanks.

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Hi Musicinthedark,

You have to print the receipt and write it down by yourselves, and scan it, email it to CIC's email address (showed in the RPRF request).
Gl,

musicinthedark said:
Hi, all.
One question though: I pay the RPRF but one the receipt there is no information about myself, namely, the payer information is empty. Did do something wrong?

Thanks.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
musicinthedark said:
Hi, all.

Thanks.
Congratulations and don't worry. You did not do anything wrong. It is like this for everyone. Fill the information yourself in PDF file or print, fill it and scan it. Then send it by email to CIC.

Jun 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your timely reply, Parkinson!
Parkinson said:
Congratulations and don't worry. You did not do anything wrong. It is like this for everyone. Fill the information yourself in PDF file or print, fill it and scan it. Then send it by email to CIC.