31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
neuron said:
After 442 days waiting, we got the visa today:), thanks all in this forum for invaluable discussion.

I wish all of you are the best for the immigration application:)

After my PhD. defense on Aug, I will move to Halifax city, working as a data scientist at a IT company. I am looking for guys who are heading to this city or are studying there.

Please feel free to contact me!
Congrats ! and wish u a nice landing experience :)
By the way, did u use Canada Post or other courier service ?

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Hi Thanks a lot!

I sent them by Canada post Xpresspost, please use that because CPC-O specifies that. please include your passport(s),your email letter of passport request, and one prepaid XPress empty envelope inside. You should write your address on that empty envelope for return. I sent all documents on 27 May, and got the return today (10, June). If we do not use Canada Xpress, they said they will return to you by regular mail, please notice this.

The_Prince said:
Congrats ! and wish u a nice landing experience :)
By the way, did u use Canada Post or other courier service ?

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
The_Prince said:
I sent mine on May 22 and um still waiting
They had two options for the address, which one did u use?
we should use that courier address if you want to be faster

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
neuron said:
we should use that courier address if you want to be faster
I use the PO Box address, I thought it was for Canada Post only, even if it is express.
Anyways, waiting is the only option I have :) thanks a lot for ur reply

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
The_Prince said:
I use the PO Box address, I thought it was for Canada Post only, even if it is express.
Anyways, waiting is the only option I have :) thanks a lot for ur reply
Ok, since you had used that, just wait. They gave use 2 options, one is that PO box for regular mail, another is for express. You may misunderstand it.

did you include an empty envelope?

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
neuron said:
Ok, since you had used that, just wait. They gave use 2 options, one is that PO box for regular mail, another is for express. You may misunderstand it.

did you include an empty envelope?
I sent it by express mail and I also included an express mail envelope. The package arrived there on May 23. It may just take them more time to collect mails from the PO box. Anyways, I still have to be in that waiting game for extra few days :)

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
The_Prince said:
I sent it by express mail and I also included an express mail envelope. The package arrived there on May 23. It may just take them more time to collect mails from the PO box. Anyways, I still have to be in that waiting game for extra few days :)
Oh, I see. you used a quick mail but sent to that Box, which may delay a bit. But as long as you sent by express, you can track your return. Do not worry!

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
neuron said:
Oh, I see. you used a quick mail but sent to that Box, which may delay a bit. But as long as you sent by express, you can track your return. Do not worry!
Thanks and good luck with ur future plans in Canada :)

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
This the email I got today from CPC!

(To me it is a different thing from what my MP said!)

Dear XXX: Your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class was considered on its substantive merits but was refused. You were provided with the decision containing the reasons for refusal of this application in our message thereby fully concluding this application. All documentation that you submitted, including the letters of reference from XXX and the University of XXX were assessed in coming to the decision of the office (which was taken on May 8, 2014). The entry in GCMS which you quoted below was not made by an officer, but rather by a case analyst. The officer who made the final decision took this into consideration, but did not base the decision solely on this analysis.

We note that your work experience for XXX (company that I am working now) occurred after the submission of your application for permanent residence in Canada, and thus could not be considered under Regulation 75(2). Your letters of reference from the University of XXX, which were dated January 21, 2013 and March 31, 2014, did not indicate that during your period of work experience that you performed the actions in the lead statement as set out in the NOC code you selected. As such, your application was refused for failure to meet the minimum requirement as specified in our message below.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. You should understand, however, that a new application would require submission of new processing fees and that any such application would be assessed according to the criteria in effect at that time. As a result, no assurance of success can be offered.

Sincerely,
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)| Centre de Traitement des demandes – Ottawa (CTD-O) – FA01772

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
arian_arian said:
This is a generic email that they use to reply to whoever asks for reconsideration - I got the exact same reply. Only possibly my name, institutes and dates are different from yours.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
arian_arian said:

(To me it is a different thing from what my MP said!)

Dear XXX: Your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class was considered on its substantive merits but was refused. You were provided with the decision containing the reasons for refusal of this application in our message thereby fully concluding this application. All documentation that you submitted, including the letters of reference from XXX and the University of XXX were assessed in coming to the decision of the office (which was taken on May 8, 2014). The entry in GCMS which you quoted below was not made by an officer, but rather by a case analyst. The officer who made the final decision took this into consideration, but did not base the decision solely on this analysis.

We note that your work experience for XXX (company that I am working now) occurred after the submission of your application for permanent residence in Canada, and thus could not be considered under Regulation 75(2). Your letters of reference from the University of XXX, which were dated January 21, 2013 and March 31, 2014, did not indicate that during your period of work experience that you performed the actions in the lead statement as set out in the NOC code you selected. As such, your application was refused for failure to meet the minimum requirement as specified in our message below.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. You should understand, however, that a new application would require submission of new processing fees and that any such application would be assessed according to the criteria in effect at that time. As a result, no assurance of success can be offered.

Sincerely,
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)| Centre de Traitement des demandes – Ottawa (CTD-O) – FA01772

Can you please send your RA letter?

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
hooman2012 said:
Can you please send your RA letter?
My letter:

This letter is to confirm that Mr. XXX is a full-time graduate student enrolled in Ph.D. program in the Department of XXX at the University of XXX. He has started his program winter 2011 under my supervision and has been employed as a research assistant and as a teaching assistant during semesters.

Mr. XXX commenced his employment with The University of XXX as a graduate research and teaching assistant on January 10, 2011. Since then, his total working hours and annual incomes are as follows.

From January 2011 to January 2013, his total working hours was 40 hours per week and his total annual earning was $XXX per year.

From January 2013 to March 2014, his total working hours has been 20 hours per week and his total annual earning is $XXX per year.

In addition, He received XXX graduate Fellowship in 2012 with the value of $XXX due to his outstanding academic record.

As a Teaching Assistant, Mr. XXX organizes the materials as required by university professors for laboratory sessions. He also conducts laboratory sessions to supplement lectures. In addition, he answers student's questions about the materials of the course during office hours. Assistance in the preparation and administration of examinations, grading quizzes and laboratory reports, and record keeping are also part of his duties.

As a research assistant, Mr. XXX conducts literature reviews, surveys, computer simulations and analytical analysis. In addition, he compiles research results and assists in the preparations of journal articles as well as conference papers.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information,

Sincerely,

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
arian_arian said:
My letter:

This letter is to confirm that Mr. XXX is a full-time graduate student enrolled in Ph.D. program in the Department of XXX at the University of XXX. He has started his program winter 2011 under my supervision and has been employed as a research assistant and as a teaching assistant during semesters.

Mr. XXX commenced his employment with The University of XXX as a graduate research and teaching assistant on January 10, 2011. Since then, his total working hours and annual incomes are as follows.

From January 2011 to January 2013, his total working hours was 40 hours per week and his total annual earning was $XXX per year.

From January 2013 to March 2014, his total working hours has been 20 hours per week and his total annual earning is $XXX per year.

In addition, He received XXX graduate Fellowship in 2012 with the value of $XXX due to his outstanding academic record.

As a Teaching Assistant, Mr. XXX organizes the materials as required by university professors for laboratory sessions. He also conducts laboratory sessions to supplement lectures. In addition, he answers student's questions about the materials of the course during office hours. Assistance in the preparation and administration of examinations, grading quizzes and laboratory reports, and record keeping are also part of his duties.

As a research assistant, Mr. XXX conducts literature reviews, surveys, computer simulations and analytical analysis. In addition, he compiles research results and assists in the preparations of journal articles as well as conference papers.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information,

Sincerely,

Well, my understanding is:

1) Because you did not say Assist university professor, (Assisting me in .....) may be they think this money is for your Phd.
2) you mentioned "graduate Fellowship"

I am not sure but I would considered those two points.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
hooman2012 said:
Well, my understanding is:

1) Because you did not say Assist university professor, (Assisting me in .....) may be they think this money is for your Phd.
2) you mentioned "graduate Fellowship"

I am not sure but I would considered those two points.
Thanks. You mentioned good point about "graduate fellowship". I will remove it from my next application. I will also include "Assisting me in..." part.

However my duties in this ref letter automatically means that I assisted professors. That is why I appealed. We should wait and see what the Federal Court will say.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
arian_arian said:
Thanks. You mentioned good point about "graduate fellowship". I will remove it from my next application. I will also include "Assisting me in..." part.

However my duties in this ref letter automatically means that I assisted professors. That is why I appealed. We should wait and see what the Federal Court will say.
Trust me, it does not mean anything automatically, I got rejected once last year because of that. They want to see the word "Assist" and my understanding is that if you mention "ASSIST ME in ...." this means that you are actually doing something different than your own Phd.