19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
thundervikes said:
Why do you not have RA? As a PhD student, you should do RA type of work.
You do understand that sometimes people don't have the privilege of having funding from their supervisors right?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xiaolei said:
In my university, we have only TA, the other funding is listed in T4A...although the funding is from supervior
That is fine. Me and many of my friends had our RA on T4A and our work experience as a RA was accepted. You need to have a reference letter signed by your supervisor. This letter must include the lead statement and substantial number of main duties. You can find the successful RA letters in my signature. Also, you can post your letter here to have a feedback that your reference letter is OK or not.

Good luck!

Tempestleo

Mar 18, 2013
I just received my new GCMS, the term "Assigned to" and "Due Date" on page 2 and 3 are still blank. The due date for eligibility assessment 2 is 2014/03/12, but still no content so far. You guys have any idea about it?

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
sgtrigger said:
I have a question regarding landing....

say for example...i get my passport request in June and i submit my passport for the permanent resident entry visa (i would still have my student visa and study permit with me at that time)....

now if I plan to do two back to back trips in July outside canada....Is it possible for me to enter Canada when I finish my first trip and decide to NOT do my landing that time and enter on my regular student visa and study permit....and then I do my landing when I am on my second trip back into Canada...is that possible? If yes,is there any documentation somewhere as well confirming the same...I will call and ask CIC as well on Monday...but just wanted to know if someone has experienced this or knows anything about this...

The reason I am asking is because I plan to take two back-to-back trips in July and need to be prepared in case a situation like this arises....
Just spoke to CIC...I have two options...just letting everyone know in case they have to go thru something like this...

1. I can delay my landing and do it on my second trip...i do not need to do it when I come back from my first trip...but I need to still have a valid study permit during first re-entry, and a valid COPR, a valid passport and enuf finance docs during my second re-entry...

2. I can do my landing after the first trip and then leave the country and apply for a travel doc in the country I go to...this is the link for the travel doc...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

xiaolei

Apr 12, 2014
beh467 said:
That is fine. Me and many of my friends had our RA on T4A and our work experience as a RA was accepted. You need to have a reference letter signed by your supervisor. This letter must include the lead statement and substantial number of main duties. You can find the successful RA letters in my signature. Also, you can post your letter here to have a feedback that your reference letter is OK or not.

Good luck!
Thank you very much!!

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
vn82 said:
Hello,

I got my Document request today. How should I send the documents? email or mail?

Thank you.
e-mail is enough. Only PCC needs to be sent be mail.

vn82

Jan 25, 2013
2MarriedPhDs said:
Hi vn82,

Would you mind sharing when you sent your application and received PER?
Application sent: 9 April 2013
PER issued: 29 April 2013
Documents request: 22 April 2014

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Tempestleo said:
I just received my new GCMS, the term "Assigned to" and "Due Date" on page 2 and 3 are still blank. The due date for eligibility assessment 2 is 2014/03/12, but still no content so far. You guys have any idea about it?
My friend got GCMS note today and the due date in Application Assignment is blank, too. Don't understand why they leave them blank.

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
thundervikes said:
Thank you so much. 60 days are very tight.

I am in Canada. My spouse will send his passport to Canada via mail. I heard that the customs will check the mail, and it will take up to 4 weeks. I am really concerned about it.
Just an update. I received my wife's passport today. It went through the customs in US and Canada and nothing happened. The courier I used is DHL. But probably I'm lucky.

Tempestleo

Mar 18, 2013
proclivity said:
My friend got GCMS note today and the due date in Application Assignment is blank, too. Don't understand why they leave them blank.
the due date for my last one was already 2014/03/12. I was hoping to see some update in the new one but still nothing...

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
proclivity said:
Just an update. I received my wife's passport today. It went through the customs in US and Canada and nothing happened. The courier I used is DHL. But probably I'm lucky.
So, how long did it take to be received?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
vn82 said:
Hello,

I got my Document request today. How should I send the documents? email or mail?

Thank you.
What documents did they ask for?