Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
climate_modeller said:
On pg 4 of my GCMS notes is written: "Counterfoil required: Yes"

Anyone know what that means?
It is the visa sticker. Actually, they are not supposed to issue that for you, as you are from a visa-exempt country.

Read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob348a.asp

Good luck!

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Hello I have a question can some one answer this question please?

When they asked for list of publications for Iranians what does that mean and what is this for?
What Happened if someone has duplicate publications? (The same publication published in to two conferences which should not be like that).
Will this cause any problem? Do they ask why did you do that (publishing the same paper twice?) or will they try to contact both conferences and tell them that
this person published that twice?

I appreciate if you give me your opinion for that.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Thanks Leon007 and nasim2

hamza.625

May 4, 2012
Thank you The_Prince.

The_Prince said:
For CIC, police certificates are generally valid for 1 year. The one I sent with my application had a statement that says that it is valid 3 months from issuance date. It was already expired before I apply (it was issued 4 months before I apply) and I think it was accepted because they never asked me for a police certificate from home country. By the way, at that time I attached a cover letter saying that it is expired but I can issue a new one later on if needed.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Can someone please answer my question?

When they asked for list of publications for Iranians what does that mean and what is this for?
What Happened if someone has duplicate publications? (The same publication published in to two conferences which should not be like that).
Will this cause any problem? Do they ask why did you do that (publishing the same paper twice?) or will they try to contact both conferences and tell them that

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I did the medical for me and my wife today. They first refused to do x-ray for my pregnant wife, until I insisted on having this done and that we are totally responsible for any consequences.

Guys, for those who performed e-medical before, do we have to send the information sheet that the clinic give to us after the examination to Ottawa. The woman at the front disk told me so, but I don't think it is necessary.

By the way, did any of you get a request for further medical tests after submitting the results ?

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
The_Prince said:
I did the medical for me and my wife today. They first refused to do x-ray for my pregnant wife, until I insisted on having this done and that we are totally responsible for any consequences.

Guys, for those who performed e-medical before, do we have to send the information sheet that the clinic give to us after the examination to Ottawa. The woman at the front disk told me so, but I don't think it is necessary.

By the way, did any of you get a request for further medical tests after submitting the results ?
Why is it so important to insist they do the x-rays? If you don't do them is it a problem for the officers? I thought it was up to the doctors to determine what exams to carry on.

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
hooman2012 said:

I think you can put whatever publications you want, so you can choose what to put. I am sure they don't know how things work in conferences any way, and besides things are very different in the different field... In Biology presenting your work in a conference is not taken as a publication. I would just put one of the papers of the two conferences you presented the same

coolguyvenky

Oct 30, 2013
This forum is highly helpful in preparing my application. Thanks for the wonderful work.
I have a question.

(The new PhD cap year began on May 4, 2013, and will end on April 30, 2014, unless otherwise stated by the Minister.)

Can I still send my application to Nova Scotia?
Will it give enough time to get PER before the deadline?
Thanks for the help.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
dapin84 said:
Why is it so important to insist they do the x-rays? If you don't do them is it a problem for the officers? I thought it was up to the doctors to determine what exams to carry on.
I am not sure how the entire procedure works, but the woman told me that your medical file will be on hold till ur wife give birth in September and then do the x-ray !!!

I consulted a doctor and read online about that and I found the same answer, it is safe, many things in our life may cause more x-ray exposure levels such as air flights. Furthermore, they use extra shields for pregnant women around the lower part of the back, I am really not worried about it by any means, um just telling that for other applicants to be aware about that issue.

V_PhD

Aug 8, 2013
hooman2012 said:

In my opinion, there shouldn't be a problem.

Can I ask when did you apply?

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
The_Prince said:
I am not sure how the entire procedure works, but the woman told me that your medical file will be on hold till ur wife give birth in September and then do the x-ray !!!

I consulted a doctor and read online about that and I found the same answer, it is safe, many things in our life may cause more x-ray exposure levels such as air flights. Furthermore, they use extra shields for pregnant women around the lower part of the back, I am really not worried about it by any means, um just telling that for other applicants to be aware about that issue.
Good to know, thanks for the information

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
My wife and I are planning to have a baby, and I am pretty sure I am gonna get MR in a few months, so I was wondering if you guys know if she can gets her medical exam (or at least the x-rays) before being asked for it.

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
N_O said:
CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca
Thanks again N_O!
Do you know what I should write in the Subject of the email and in the email body?
I will send an updated reference letter, a Letter of Employment issued by the HR of my university, and a letter from the Department where I am enrolled.
Should I just make clear that I am sending these documents to update my application or is there a more formal procedure to ask them to include new documents in the application?
(I am actually including 2 supporting documents, and updating a reference letter)