CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
nasim2 said:
And I guess ten extra points for adaptability.
Actually, another 5 points for adaptability.

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
N_O said:
Actually, another 5 points for adaptability.
yes. you are right. and with new regulation extra 5 points for phd so it will be 10 points.
However, it is hard to find an employment with these conditions.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
nasim2 said:
yes. you are right. and with new regulation extra 5 points for phd so it will be 10 points.
However, it is hard to find an employment with these conditions.
Sure!

hamza.625

May 4, 2012
Thanks!

But, I called them today and asked them where I should send those documents. The guy told me that since I haven't received any email stating my files are already forwarded to the visa processing center, I should send them to Sydney, NS - the same address where I sent my application.

N_O said:
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I just got a document request: certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints. I just replied to their POF request yesterday by the way.

Can any applicant who did that before give me more info about it:

How long does it take ?
How much ?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
The_Prince said:
First time I applied was in Sep. 2012. I got my application returned at that time (CAP reached), however I used many of the returned documents in the new application I submitted in Dec. 2012 including the English test report, I did not have that hole in the papers, but I don't think it matters. Anyways, just make sure that they have not changed or updated any of the application forms. I would also advice u to update any documents that could be easily updated as well as to revise and update information in your application. I would also advice u to use a cover letter with your application that clarifies any issue with your documents such as not being very up-to-date. Good luck :)
nadbp said:
My application is returned. I plan to submit it again, with some additional documents. The old documents returned to me all have a small hole at the top left corner. What does that mean? Can I reuse these old documents with a hole? Well, it takes time to get new copies of documents like ielts report and birth certification.
Hi guys .. can you share time it took, from the day of application reached at CIO, to returned your package??

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The_Prince said:
I just got a document request: certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints. I just replied to their POF request yesterday by the way.

How long does it take ?
How much ?
info here:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

You can't do it everywhere, only a few numbers of police stations offer it; depending on the location, it can be from 50 to 80$. Several private companies do it as well.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
ASG said:
info here:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

You can't do it everywhere, only a few numbers of police stations offer it; depending on the location, it can be from 50 to 80$. Several private companies do it as well.
Thanks. I got to know that the police station in my city does not offer this service for immigration purposes. I just got an appointment with some company to do it for me tomorrow. It costs $56 and they told me it takes around a week if I don't have a criminal record.

Do u have an idea about why does CIC ask some applicants to do it ?

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
Hi everyone,

I think I will send an updated reference letter next week.
I just wanted to know to what email address I should send it, and if there are any formal requirements when writing the email (like, what should I write?).
Sorry if this question has already been answered in the forum.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The_Prince said:
Thanks. I got to know that the police station in my city does not offer this service for immigration purposes. I just got an appointment with some company to do it for me tomorrow. It costs $56 and they told me it takes around a week if I don't have a criminal record.

Do u have an idea about why does CIC ask some applicants to do it ?
I actually think these are new regulations and that everyone will have to do it. Not 100% sure though...

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hamza.625 said:
Thanks!

But, I called them today and asked them where I should send those documents. The guy told me that since I haven't received any email stating my files are already forwarded to the visa processing center, I should send them to Sydney, NS - the same address where I sent my application.
You said before that you got your PER, this means your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing. You'll not get any further communication stating that your application has been sent already.
I'd say that your application has been sent already as you got your PER a month ago.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
2MarriedPhDs said:
Hi everyone,

I think I will send an updated reference letter next week.
I just wanted to know to what email address I should send it, and if there are any formal requirements when writing the email (like, what should I write?).
Sorry if this question has already been answered in the forum.
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
The_Prince said:

How long does it take ?
How much ?
It seems you are very close to get your MR.
They ask for RCMP if you have a common or similar name with a hardcore criminal, this is what I found from the previous posts of other applicants.
Good Luck!

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
N_O said:
It seems you are very close to get your MR.
They ask for RCMP if you have a common or similar name with a hardcore criminal, this is what I found from the previous posts of other applicants.
Good Luck!
Hope so. You forgot to mention that I might be a hardcore criminal myself ;D ;D Thanks for ur reply !

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
The_Prince said:
Hope so. You forgot to mention that I might be a hardcore criminal myself ;D ;D Thanks for ur reply !
Hahaha!