+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aysuda

Jul 2, 2013
Hey all,

Is anybody here have an experience of requesting for extension when you received a document request from Ottawa ?

If yes, could you please let me know of what the process is and how long does it take to get their confirmation of our requested extension for sending them the documents ?

Thank you,

AmberImm

Mar 19, 2014
Hi folks,

I have a question about weekly work hours for RA.

I was planning to put 35-40hrs/week as Research assistant, but then I am worried that CIC might question about how I can work full time and study full time at the same time. (But in reality that's how it works!)

Would that be a problem? Has anyone successfully got positive response from CIC while claiming 35-40hrs/week for RA?
Or
Should I claim less than 30hrs/week?

Response would be much appreciated!!

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nadbp said:
The reason is "no sufficient evidence". What else do you think I can provide? BTW, there is a red sticky label on my employment letter from the university. Does it mean they do not accept my employment letter? Thank you for your reply!
At least they returned your documents to you! I got the same email the first round, but they deducted the money and didn't return my documents! In a way, they are being more fair now...

nadbp

Feb 6, 2014
Because my application is returned by the Sydney CIO not Ottawa, considered as incomplete. I did not get any email. How did you handle the email then? Did you appeal? Please give me some suggestion.

Houra said:
At least they returned your documents to you! I got the same email the first round, but they deducted the money and didn't return my documents! In a way, they are being more fair now...

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
nadbp said:
My application is returned! CIC says my application does not meet R(10) of IRPA.

"You have not provided sufficient evidence that you have a minimum of one year of continuous full-time, or equivalent part part-time, paid work experience in the primary occupation in the last ten years."

I have provided the employment letter from my university which contains my TA/RA work time, duties, and salary. I do not know what they want. My supervisor can write a reference letter for me, but this letter just repeats the employment letter. Can I submit the application again with this letter? Any suggestion?

My university consultant says that RA work time during my PhD study does not count and I must prove the RA work is not relevant to my study. What should I do?
What they want is a "reference letter". That is very important. If you do not have that then they do not count that experience. An employment letter is different from the reference letter they want.

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
aysuda said:
Hey all,

Is anybody here have an experience of requesting for extension when you received a document request from Ottawa ?

If yes, could you please let me know of what the process is and how long does it take to get their confirmation of our requested extension for sending them the documents ?

Thank you,
Only for police clearance you can ask for extension. I did that although they never replied to me in that time. I sent my pc after five months.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nadbp said:
Because my application is returned by the Sydney CIO not Ottawa, considered as incomplete. I did not get any email. How did you handle the email then? Did you appeal? Please give me some suggestion.
Yeah, mine was from Sydney as well. They recently changed their policy I guess and return such applications and refund the money... Anyway, I didn't appeal, just re-applied with good reference letters, and paid another $1100..

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
hello friends,

Are we (phd students) eligible for the adaptability points?
Sydney officer has given me 5 points but Ottawa officer gave me 0.
Can I appeal for that? I will appreciate if you could help me.
They have rejected my application.

nadbp

Feb 6, 2014
Is the "reference letter" supposed to be from my supervisor? The reference letter provides my work time and duties, right?
Someone else talked about a template here. Is that template for the reference letter? It looks like my employment letter :(

sgtrigger said:
What they want is a "reference letter". That is very important. If you do not have that then they do not count that experience. An employment letter is different from the reference letter they want.

aysuda

Jul 2, 2013
ryan_glory said:
Only for police clearance you can ask for extension. I did that although they never replied to me in that time. I sent my pc after five months.
Thanks for your info. So, you mean You got document request with a deadline and then you emailed them to request an extension. Although they did not reply your email to confirm your request , you sent your documents after their specified deadline assuming that they will accept your extensio request ? am I right?

BTW, how do you know that request for extension is only acceptable for Police certificate and not the other document? is there any rule or legal link mentioning this?

Thank you so much,

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
aysuda said:
Thanks for your info. So, you mean You got document request with a deadline and then you emailed them to request an extension. Although they did not reply your email to confirm your request , you sent your documents after their specified deadline assuming that they will accept your extensio request ? am I right?

BTW, how do you know that request for extension is only acceptable for Police certificate and not the other document? is there any rule or legal link mentioning this?

Thank you so much,
Doc request include pc, bank statement and phd info. The latter one is usually asked from Iranian. I have seen they rejected one because of bank statement. They are strict about that. For phd info I dont think anybody would have problem for preparing them. So its only pc. They have been flexible about PC cuze they know it might take longer than three months for some cases.
Yes I sent them an email saying I have not received my PC yet attaching a scan of the document showed I have applied for PC. After 5 months i sent them the PC, meanwhile they never replied my emails regarding this matter.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
nasim2 said:
hello friends,

Are we (phd students) eligible for the adaptability points?
Sydney officer has given me 5 points but Ottawa officer gave me 0.
Can I appeal for that? I will appreciate if you could help me.
They have rejected my application.
I am sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, PhD applicants who submitted their applications before May 4, 2013 are not eligible for those 5 points.
So your application was rejected for having less than 67 points, not because of the work experience?

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
N_O said:
I am sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, PhD applicants who submitted their applications before May 4, 2013 are not eligible for those 5 points.
So your application was rejected for having less than 67 points, not because of the work experience?
Yes. so, if I reapply again, I can get the points?
I see some people have reapplied. If I reapply is it going to be faster for me or does not matter.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
nasim2 said:
Yes. so, if I reapply again, I can get the points?
Yes, Sarsanballa who applied in June 2013 got them.
How many points did you get in total?