CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
sgtrigger said:
Processing times got updated on March 10, 2014....still 25 months...thank god it dint get longer....
That is strange! I know that they process the new applications of FSW within 6 months, the slowest stream is the PhD stream so the average should be less than 25 months for sure.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
The_Prince said:
After more than 13 months from getting my PER letter, I finally heard something from Ottawa. I got a document request today (POF), finally I will be red instead of green in the tracker :)
Hopefully, you'll get the MR on April 1 (April fools' day) :)

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
N_O said:
According to the OP 6b we are entitled for 3-5 adaptability points for spouse's education. If they didn't award us those points then we can go to the court for appeals.
If you feel that your reference letters are not strong enough then update them as soon as possible. It is normal, all of us are nervous and stress, this is my second time :)
Strigger who applied before us wasn't awarded any points for his spouse's education, as he'll get the final decision before us then we'll know for sure if they still award those points or not.
Thanks again N_O,

and just as a clarification: I did not have a due date in my GCMS issued on February 20. I feel silly, but I misread the dates. My case has not been assigned to a visa officer yet.
I think I'll wait 2 more weeks and ask for GCMS again... or, I think I am just becoming too obscessed with this! :eek:

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
N_O said:
Hopefully, you'll get the MR on April 1 (April fools' day) :)
Hope so :D Thanks a lot

I am going to update my reference letters too. You guys are making a very good job through the successful reference letters that you collected and made easily accessible to everyone

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
2MarriedPhDs said:
Thanks again N_O,

and just as a clarification: I did not have a due date in my GCMS issued on February 20. I feel silly, but I misread the dates. My case has not been assigned to a visa officer yet.
I think I'll wait 2 more weeks and ask for GCMS again... or, I think I am just becoming too obscessed with this! :eek:
No worry! My file hasn't been assigned to a VO too, I should receive my GCMS on April 2nd, I'll let you know if it was assigned to someone or not. Keep ordering the notes, it is the best way to know if there is something wrong with the work experience, many of the applicants found they were about to be rejected as SL... recommended that, so the sent their updated letter which were approved by FA01772 later.

whatever51

Oct 31, 2011
N_O said:
No worry! My file hasn't been assigned to a VO too, I should receive my GCMS on April 2nd, I'll let you know if it was assigned to someone or not. Keep ordering the notes, it is the best way to know if there is something wrong with the work experience, many of the applicants found they were about to be rejected as SL... recommended that, so the sent their updated letter which were approved by FA01772 later.
Can we actually send more supporting documents even after sending the whole application form? will they accept it?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
whatever51 said:
Can we actually send more supporting documents even after sending the whole application form? will they accept it?
Yes, they do. They consider the updated reference letter as long as they were sent before the final decision.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Finally, PhD is done! My PhD journey has reached its end but not my PR journey. I defended my thesis.

I'm wondering if I can now claim my PhD as a completed degree, even official degree still to be awarded later? I have not yet received the degree but I do have a letter that confirms everything is done. There should be only few people here who completed their PhD while waiting for PR application.

Does anybody know about that? I remember one lady here but I forgot her name.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Finally, PhD is done! My PhD journey has reached its end but not my PR journey. I defended my thesis.

I'm wondering if I can now claim my PhD as a completed degree, even official degree still to be awarded later? I have not yet received the degree but I do have a letter that confirms everything is done. There should be only few people here who completed their PhD while waiting for PR application.

Does anybody know about that? I remember one lady here but I forgot her name.
Nothing will change. I have completed my PhD too and I am working full time now. I even did not bother to let them know. It will NOT speed up as long you passed the eligibility process.

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
The_Prince said:
Is it enough to send the Proof of Fund by e-mail only, or is it better to mail it too ?
I had sent it via email...but it was like 50 pages long....they asked me to post it then...:)

I guess its fine if you email it to them...unless theyve asked you to post it...

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
salem10 said:
Nothing will change. I have completed my PhD too and I am working full time now. I even did not bother to let them know. It will NOT speed up as long you passed the eligibility process.

Thanks Salem, but I have not yet passed the eligibility step. I have not yet received my medical. I know for you it would have not made a difference. For me it will.
But I am asking if they accept my PhD now with such a letter while my degree will be officially awarded a few months later? ? ?
I am in rush for this since my due date is 3 days later.

whatever51

Oct 31, 2011
N_O said:
Yes, they do. They consider the updated reference letter as long as they were sent before the final decision.
Thanks N_O
What do you think is the most appropriate way of sending supporting documents?
Should I add a cover letter along with the supporting documents and send it to the ottawa office directly? or do you guys fax it?

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
Hi every one, I have applied 9 month ago and I am still waiting. I have heard some prople has been rejected because of problems in their work letters. Could you please check my TA and RA letters bellow and let me know what you think about it and if I need to replace them? Thanks in advance

My RA letter:
--date--

To: Citizenship and immigration Canada
Re: --My Name-- application for permanent residence in Canada

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to confirm that Mr. ---- has been working at the ---- Laboratory, School of ----, University of ----, Since ---- as a research assistant, specialized in ----. His work is part time with an average of 20 hours work per week.

His main roles and duties are:
1. conducting literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experience in the field of ---- for use in scholarly publications.
2. Design and carry out experimental evaluations for research purposes.
3. compile research results and assist professors in the analysis of result.
4. preparation of journal articles or papers.
5. prepare and deliver research presentations.

he has accumulated total of 3600 hours work experience with us (20 hours per week * 46 months * 4 weeks per month = 3600 hours) he also has been remunerated for his work as following:

1. --date-- to --date-- : 14000$ CAD
2. --date-- to --date-- : 18000$ CAD
3. --date-- to --date-- : 20000$ CAD
4. --date-- to --date-- : 25000$ CAD
5. --date-- to --date-- : 5000$ CAD

if you require more information please contact me at my address below.

signature of the supervisor and his phone number (he has not included his email)

My TA letter

--date--

to whom it may concern

this is to confirm that since ---- to ------ Mr ---- has been working as a teaching assistant for university of -----, school of ---- .

his main duties in this position are:

- organize reference material and visual aid materials as required by professors for lecture
- conduct laboratory sessions, seminars, and discussion groups to supplement lectures.
- assist in the preparation and administration of examination material.
- grade examination, term papers, assignments and laboratory reports.

an outline of his contract for this time period is given below:

--date-- to --date--, 130 hours, total 4900$
--date-- to --date--, 32.5 hours, total 1200$
--date-- to --date--, 97.5 hours, total 3700$

if you need additional information you can contact ---- at ----- (phone number)

signature of administrative officer

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prapplicant13 said:
Hi every one, I have applied 9 month ago and I am still waiting. I have heard some prople has been rejected because of problems in their work letters. Could you please check my TA and RA letters bellow and let me know what you think about it and if I need to replace them? Thanks in advance

My RA letter:

You are missing the lead statement for both RA and TA.
The lead statement is the sentence that is above the potential duties when you look at the NOC description.

for TA, you need something like "he assists professors in their teaching duties"
and for RA "he assists in research duties"

or something along those lines. A lot of people have been rejected only because they were missing the lead statement.