31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
sgtrigger said:
Had you submitted POF before at the time of application?
The one I submitted before was just an account balance

cnt_2013

Apr 24, 2013
Hi,

I received an email stating that my application received a positive eligibility review.
Do you know if they also send out an official letter regarding this?

Thanks

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
sgtrigger said:
I did not get points for my wifes education as well but got points for my work experience...i guess ottawa will check that and make the appropriate change in it...i will let you know what happens with my file...
Thank you sgtrigger!
I will keep you posted if I receive any news as well. :)

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
cnt_2013 said:
Hi,

I received an email stating that my application received a positive eligibility review.
Do you know if they also send out an official letter regarding this?

Thanks
No if you gave your email address then all correspondence will be via email....you wont get any other letter in mail from them...

Mar 20, 2014
phdtravel said:
Hi PhD_FSW_Applicant,
I completely agree with your moves. It's simply just not worth our time, energy and money if someone does not evaluate our academic excellence. There is life beyond canada immigration. Like you, I think my application will be rejected for some stupid ref letter reasons. I feel really sad when I see so many depressed people in this forum. I am not very optimistic about my case either and looking for alternate destination like usa even before I get rejected. I am greatly encouraged by your stance: "I didn't re-apply and will not. I am moving to US in October." In my book, this should be an example.

After completing phd, I am thinking of trying usa for post-doc research or industry jobs in my research area. What option did you choose in your case? Can you please give me some idea how I can go about the usa visa process after I get a job or post-doc offer? If you found out any useful link or forum about usa visa, plz provide. Sorry, I might be asking too many questions, :-[. At the least, feel free to share your own experience. You may send me a personal reply. I tried to send you one but could not find the way. Thanks in advance, cheers!
Hi, sorry I got busy and couldn't reply to you.. I applied for post-doc and got 2years contract and then applied for visa... I dont know any forum related to US visa. I got some help from my friends and relatives in US with respect to visa processing.

mcknight0219

Jun 22, 2012
PhD_FSW_Applicant said:
I have been here since Jan-2009 and I applied for PR through PhD category in Feb 2012 and got rejected due to work experience letter. I didn't re-apply and will not. I am moving to US in October. It's insane how the conservative government doesn't appreciate research and high education. I have at least 30 journal articles and have been working as an instructor here for three years now. Anyways, don't wanna be negative but this is disappointing.

I hope you get your PR soon :)
Your 30 journal articles will not be appreciated neither in US, bro. They are just papers doing little contribution to the well being of society.
When you're trying your ass out to get a green card from US, you will realize how stupid you can't even get a work experience letter right
.Anyway I think your decision to moving to states is a good one.

phdtravel

Mar 20, 2014
PhD_FSW_Applicant said:
Hi, sorry I got busy and couldn't reply to you.. I applied for post-doc and got 2years contract and then applied for visa... I dont know any forum related to US visa. I got some help from my friends and relatives in US with respect to visa processing.
Hi PhD_FSW_Applicant,
Thanks very much for sharing. I am also thinking of getting a post-doc opportunity first and then go for the usa visa. In this perspective, can you please clarify a bit more: what visa category (like B1/B2, F1 etc.) did you apply for? And how long was the visa processing time for your case? I can find out the rest. Good luck in USA! Thanks again.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
aidina said:
Was it originally April 1st?
I only got GCMS ones, and April 1 is the only due date that I can see.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Is it enough to send the Proof of Fund by e-mail only, or is it better to mail it too ?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
2MarriedPhDs said:
Hi N_O,

Are you telling me that I shouldn't expect Ottawa to grant the 5 adaptability points for my spouse? Because, to be honest, I am really concerned about my work experience time and how much they are really going to consider of it.
If my spouse has a Master's degree, we should get points for that, right?
What if they don't give us those points and reject our application? Is there a way to appeal their decision and ask for the 5 points (which we deserve???).
Sorry, I am getting stressed out with this whole thing. ???
According to the OP 6b we are entitled for 3-5 adaptability points for spouse's education. If they didn't award us those points then we can go to the court for appeals.
If you feel that your reference letters are not strong enough then update them as soon as possible. It is normal, all of us are nervous and stress, this is my second time :)
Strigger who applied before us wasn't awarded any points for his spouse's education, as he'll get the final decision before us then we'll know for sure if they still award those points or not.

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
The_Prince said:
Is it enough to send the Proof of Fund by e-mail only, or is it better to mail it too ?
I think they have changed their name to Case Processing Centre instead of pilot. Is the due date on your GCMS note related to your eligibility or something else?

To mail your POF is the most important one.

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
I guess it is better to send the hard copy too. I sent it by both email and mail. just to be sure there is no excuse.

The_Prince said: