Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For applicants who are applying after 4 May, 2013 under PhD stream,

1, CIC accpets RA/TA experiences (both at Sydney and Ottawa office).
2, CIC gives FIVE points for TWO-YEAR of PhD study, no need to have completed the program by the time of application (both at Sydney and Ottawa office).

Stay happy, guys. :)

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jackson2209 said:
Thank you. I am married, but I will provide the marriage certificate. Is that enough?
In which case, you need to provide birth certificates of you and your spouse as well as the marriage certificate, of course, you need to get them translated into English and notarized.

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
sarsanballa said:
In which case, you need to provide birth certificates of you and your spouse as well as the marriage certificate, of course, you need to get them translated into English and notarized.

That is what we are doing! Thank you very much. We can save more time.

MAKSohag

Apr 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-07-2014
N_O said:
Congrats! You'll receive your medical request very soon. I applied before you, but my file hasn't been assign to an officer yet!
Hello N_O,

I also applied in March 2013, but got no response from them yet!

BTW, last night I applied online under the Access to Information act. The system charged my credit card $5. However, I have not received any confirmation email yet. According to the website: "After you have completed your online request and paid your fee (if applicable), you will receive an e-mail confirming that we have received your request. If it was made under the Access to Information Act, you will also receive a payment receipt in this e-mail."

Could any of the moderators update my status in the spreadsheet from "inactive user" to "active user waiting to get any response from CIC"? :p

Thanks,

Sohag

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
MAKSohag said:
Hello N_O,

I also applied in March 2013, but got no response from them yet!

BTW, last night I applied online under the Access to Information act. The system charged my credit card $5. However, I have not received any confirmation email yet. According to the website: "After you have completed your online request and paid your fee (if applicable), you will receive an e-mail confirming that we have received your request. If it was made under the Access to Information Act, you will also receive a payment receipt in this e-mail."

Could any of the moderators update my status in the spreadsheet from "inactive user" to "active user waiting to get any response from CIC"? :p

Thanks,
Sohag
Next time apply under the privacy act to be free of charge!

littlenorth

Feb 12, 2014
N_O said:
Congrats! You'll receive your medical request very soon. I applied before you, but my file hasn't been assign to an officer yet!
Hi, I want to know how to find to which officer your file is assigned. thanks!

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there a way to change the visa office once the application got there? It seams that cpp-o is slower than the embassy in my home country, so it would be nice to have it reassigned there.

Thanks

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hqdavidzhang said:
If Sydney office has included the RA experience for PhD application, this means Ottawa will also accept that or?
Thanks.
They only check the 1 year requirement not the details in the letter (i.e. duties and lead statement). RA letter is accepted provided it has all the details needed.

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
thundervikes said:
Good day,

I received the RPRF email from CIC with the following content:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose."

My questions are
(1) Is it still possible that I got rejected due to TA/RA working experience issues (which is a huge pain for all PhD stream applicants)?
(2) Does admissibility review include working experience assessment?

Any reply (answers, passed experience, or guess) will be highly appreciated! Thank you guys!

Hello,

I got simlar email today requesting for RPRF payment. From the replies, I have passed the eligibility, I guess.
That's the most important thing I worried.

I have a few more questions. I got married recently, and I think I should inform them of my marriage status. Would the update
delay my application since I have to get a marriage certificate from my country. I know I have to do that but just wonder.

My second question is what is the "Biodata" used for?

Third, how come some people got RPRF request after medical request? I haven't got my medical request yet.

Your answers would be appreciated!

Have a good day.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
You have to update them and add your wife to your application. You processing time will be delayed considerably due to this.

anchoo2kewl

Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
23-11-2014
I have a unique situation. I started my masters in Jan, 2012. I was fast tracked to a PhD on Jan, 2013. Now, I have completed two years in my University. Since I converted my status to PhD, the graduate officer has agreed to give me a letter stating I have been a PhD student for 2 years. Is the letter enough ?

Secondly, I have work experience for 3 years as a "Systems Engineer". Could I apply under NOC 2173 which had my title as "systems engineer – software" ?
I want to avoid the TA/RA route. Finally, how many months bank statement do I submit initially ? I know that they ask for 6 month bank statements at a later stage.

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
TyrusX said:
You have to update them and add your wife to your application. You processing time will be delayed considerably due to this.
Thank you for the response. I know I have to update my status, but do I have to add her to my application? Cause I plan to let her submit her application separately. I don't want to wait for another year if I added her.