+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
Hi guys,

I was rejected by CIC once, so I will apply again. However, there is no information about how many application have been received for Phd stream now! I am wondering where I can find this. If it has reached, what will happen if I still send them my application before the April 30, 2014 deadline? BTW, cic call centre sucks...hard to access...

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
jackson2209 said:
Hi guys,

I was rejected by CIC once, so I will apply again. However, there is no information about how many application have been received for Phd stream now! I am wondering where I can find this. If it has reached, what will happen if I still send them my application before the April 30, 2014 deadline? BTW, cic call centre sucks...hard to access...
I just found this on the website:

We currently have an annual cap of 5,000 for new federal skilled worker applications. There are also sub-caps of 300 for each of the 24 occupations. The caps do not affect people with a qualifying job offer and PhD students.

So no number limit now?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jackson2209 said:
I just found this on the website:

We currently have an annual cap of 5,000 for new federal skilled worker applications. There are also sub-caps of 300 for each of the 24 occupations. The caps do not affect people with a qualifying job offer and PhD students.

So no number limit now?

CIC will accept 1,000 applications for processing per year under the PhD stream.

The new PhD cap year began on May 4, 2013, and will end on April 30, 2014, unless otherwise stated by the Minister.

I have copied it from here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
Yes. I have seen that as well. So I am so confused. Last time I could check how many application for the PhD stream had been received, but this time I can't. Will they return my application if they already received 1000 ?

beh467 said:
CIC will accept 1,000 applications for processing per year under the PhD stream.

The new PhD cap year began on May 4, 2013, and will end on April 30, 2014, unless otherwise stated by the Minister.

I have copied it from here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
aidina said:
She is absolutely wrong. What am I here then , for example?
Ya, TA/RA is still accepted, even under the new rule.

Case in point: sarsanballa re-applied on June 2013, which was after the new rule had been in effect, and his TA/RA experience was accepted. We know this from his GCMS, and in fact, only his TA/RA was accepted as work experience.

We also know that the five adaptability points for previous study were given at the Ottawa level (also from his GCMS), provided, of course, you're applying under the new rule (post May 4 2013).

jackson2209 said:
Yes. I have seen that as well. So I am so confused. Last time I could check how many application for the PhD stream had been received, but this time I can't. Will they return my application if they already received 1000 ?
We're still seeing PER being given up to December 2013 applications. Not sure if they will accept January applicants as well, guess we will have to wait and see. And yes, if you apply after the limit has been reached, then they will return your application.

1000 is a huge number to be dedicated for PhD applicants alone. The last time, the quota was reached after 10 months. I think it'll be a bit faster now (since people are more familiar with the system, and we know now that TA/RA is accepted as work experience), so I would say maybe by the end of the month, or maybe sometimes next month.

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
Thank you. If they will just return my application, then it's ok. I do not want it lost. I am not sure whether I can have all my documents ready in this month...

meyakanor said:

Case in point: sarsanballa re-applied on June 2013, which was after the new rule had been in effect, and his TA/RA experience was accepted. We know this from his GCMS, and in fact, only his TA/RA was accepted as work experience.

We also know that the five adaptability points for previous study were given at the Ottawa level (also from his GCMS), provided, of course, you're applying under the new rule (post May 4 2013).

We're still seeing PER being given up to December 2013 applications. Not sure if they will accept January applicants as well, guess we will have to wait and see. And yes, if you apply after the limit has been reached, then they will return your application.

1000 is a huge number to be dedicated for PhD applicants alone. The last time, the quota was reached after 10 months. I think it'll be a bit faster now (since people are more familiar with the system, and we know now that TA/RA is accepted as work experience), so I would say maybe by the end of the month, or maybe sometimes next month.

nadbp

Feb 6, 2014
Thank you, guys! I think this point is important for many new applicants under the PhD stream.

meyakanor said:

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
I e-mailed my MP, James Rajotte, and they agree to take a look to the web page about the petition on the immigration changes. Everyone should contact their MPs, it is unfair the time as students does not count.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
thundervikes said:
Good day,

I received the RPRF email from CIC with the following content:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose."

My questions are
(1) Is it still possible that I got rejected due to TA/RA working experience issues (which is a huge pain for all PhD stream applicants)?
(2) Does admissibility review include working experience assessment?

Any reply (answers, passed experience, or guess) will be highly appreciated! Thank you guys!
Congrats! You'll receive your medical request very soon. I applied before you, but my file hasn't been assign to an officer yet!

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
meyakanor said:
thundervikes, you won't be rejected due to eligibility at this point. Congrats :)

Admissibility is the only one to stop you from getting PR now. Just don't commit any crimes and you should be fine :)
Thank you meyakanor, I will save the crimes to do later. ;D

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
Are national id and registry/book necessary (In checklist 16)? Anyone who is from China got PR without these? Some one told me the driver licence in Canada works as well.

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jackson2209 said:
Are national id and registry/book necessary (In checklist 16)? Anyone who is from China got PR without these? Some one told me the driver licence in Canada works as well.
Nope, they are not necessary, and you don't even need to provide your driver's license, the birth certificate is sufficient if you are single.

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
sarsanballa said:
Nope, they are not necessary, and you don't even need to provide your driver's license, the birth certificate is sufficient if you are single.
Thank you. I am married, but I will provide the marriage certificate. Is that enough?