08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
aidina said:
My god, there is no end to my waiting. 215 days after my medical test, and still no news :mad:.
Do you have spouse in your application? I know a friend whose application lasted 3 years...because they lost the medical results of his wife and didn't ask him until it was close to the "average processing time"...so basically they wasted him almost a year because of a mistake at their end...maybe just double check?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Luigiovemma said:
Do you have spouse in your application? I know a friend whose application lasted 3 years...because they lost the medical results of his wife and didn't ask him until it was close to the "average processing time"...so basically they wasted him almost a year because of a mistake at their end...maybe just double check?
I have but we took the medical test together. Checked the CAIPS, both medicals are passed.

canadian-13

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
Mar-5-2013
LANDED..........
Landed...
aidina said:
My god, there is no end to my waiting. 215 days after my medical test, and still no news :mad:.
I feel you, Aidina, as I have been following your posts for a long while. Is there a way to ask them what may be the bottleneck, maybe it is something you can help them with... I am just wondering, (I may be wrong), but does anyone think they do take into consideration our tentative end point? in which case you may want to shoot to them your PhD details.. (like I said, I am not too sure, just wondering).. good luck though!!

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got my passport & visa today. Thanks guys for sharing your experience with us. Special thanks for snowwalker, Tyrus, and N_O (not sure of these names) for keeping updating the applicants' information.

We will go landing from Prescott border near Ottawa this afternoon. Can not wait :). Will update the landing issues tonight.

Wish you guys good luck.

canadian-13

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
Mar-5-2013
LANDED..........
Landed...
aidina said:
Cheer up! :)

canadian-13

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
Mar-5-2013
LANDED..........
Landed...
maytheflower said:
Just got my passport & visa today. Thanks guys for sharing your experience with us. Special thanks for snowwalker, Tyrus, and N_O (not sure of these names) for keeping updating the applicants' information.

We will go landing from Prescott border near Ottawa this afternoon. Can not wait :). Will update the landing issues tonight.

Wish you guys good luck.
Congratulations!!

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finished landing from Prescott Bridge tonight.

For Quebec applicants, here are more details for my explanation of intention living out of Quebec:
Actually there is no trick. We just moved from Montreal to Ottawa as our original plan. My daughter registered in the daycare, and my wife registered in a college in Ottawa. That's solid proof. Action is better than any words. For me, I almost finish my study. I commute between two cities weekly. We provided our lease and all the Ottawa-relevant documents. Finally they were convinced.
At Prescott, the officer also asked me about the address problem, because he found I studied in a Quebec university. I simply showed him my letters from government, for my daughter's child-care subsidy, with Ottawa address. And they were convinced immediately.

Hope that helps for some of you.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
canadian-13 said:
Thanks a lot. This really helps. I will send them a notice of the initial submission and a letter from my supervisor stating that I am finishing soon. Sorry to be asking too many questions: Does it matter if it is not a post doc position, cos I am hoping to get a job in my primary discipline that I included for work experience... Merci encore!
Any job relevant to your field is ok. Post doc is not necessary. even if not working and no job lined up is ok if your spouse moves out of quebec and works, its reunion, right? just back up your claims. Bon chance!!

canadian-13

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
Mar-5-2013
LANDED..........
Landed...
maytheflower said:

For Quebec applicants, here are more details for my explanation of intention living out of Quebec:
Actually there is no trick. We just moved from Montreal to Ottawa as our original plan. My daughter registered in the daycare, and my wife registered in a college in Ottawa. That's solid proof. Action is better than any words. For me, I almost finish my study. I commute between two cities weekly. We provided our lease and all the Ottawa-relevant documents. Finally they were convinced.
At Prescott, the officer also asked me about the address problem, because he found I studied in a Quebec university. I simply showed him my letters from government, for my daughter's child-care subsidy, with Ottawa address. And they were convinced immediately.

Thanks. Ottawa is only two hours away...

canadian-13

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
Mar-5-2013
LANDED..........
Landed...
Stuck In Quebec said:
Any job relevant to your field is ok. Post doc is not necessary. even if not working and no job lined up is ok if your spouse moves out of quebec and works, its reunion, right? just back up your claims. Bon chance!!
Thanks a lot!

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maytheflower said:

Regarding the moving, actually we spoke to our parliament member. They did not have experience with that also. But they thought that simply explaining you want to / plan to move to somewhere is somehow not that much convincing. They thought that a real home re-locating will be convincing enough. They also contacted the case officer, the feedback is my lease in Ottawa will be enough as a proof.

But the way, my suggestion is DO NOT play any tricks on the move issues.

Personally, I am glad to move out of Quebec, the French only province. I really like the new home, English everywhere makes life easy for us cz we do not know even a little French.

Last but not the least, personally speaking, if I do not have my family with me, our move will seem wield actually, although I indeed never want to stay in Quebec. I am not sure if it is convincing or not in the case I live alone and move to Ottawa by myself. Thanks god I have my family and do not need to face such situation.

Hope these may help some Quebec applicants.

jeffrey2012

Nov 22, 2013
thanks. it really helps....

maytheflower said:
Regarding the moving, actually we spoke to our parliament member. They did not have experience with that also. But they thought that simply explaining you want to / plan to move to somewhere is somehow not that much convincing. They thought that a real home re-locating will be convincing enough. They also contacted the case officer, the feedback is my lease in Ottawa will be enough as a proof.

Personally, I am glad to move out of Quebec, the French only province. I really like the new home, English everywhere makes life easy for us cz we do not know even a little French.

Last but not the least, personally speaking, if I do not have my family with me, our move will seem wield actually, although I indeed never want to stay in Quebec. I am not sure if it is convincing or not in the case I live alone and move to Ottawa by myself. Thanks god I have my family and do not need to face such situation.

canadian-13

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
Mar-5-2013
LANDED..........
Landed...
maytheflower said:

Thanks for this piece of info. At what point would you advise the move? In my case it is not as simple as that sincemy kids have to finish the school year, it is not cost-effective for only my husband to move.... If we move now, we have to change the kids schools and we are not considering settling down finally in Ottawa, our options are in Alberta axis, if we change schools now, we will change again to AB.... June is when they finish this school year...

BetsyZ

Oct 24, 2013
I just got Biodata request (Height and eye colour)..
Also, They asked to confirm my address and report any family composition change..