Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
Mar-5-2013
LANDED..........
Landed...
aysuda said:
Hi,

What documents did CIC request you to send ?

Thanks
Police report...they said the one I sent was expired.. (would that be document request or something else, the e mail was titled document request)

vahid_smiler

Jan 1, 2014
Hello Guys!

I am going to apply with my RA/TA (NOC 4012) as my main work experience. I asked the university payroll for the total income/stipends letter, but they rejected my request. They said the scholarship income should be mentioned in this letter. If I do not put this letter in my application, I believe I do not have enough supporting documents, and if I put this letter in my application, I think CIC will not accept scholarship as my income. What is my best option for me guys? Do I have any chance if I apply under this category of job experience?

Thanks

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
vahid_smiler said:
Hello Guys!

I am going to apply with my RA/TA (NOC 4012) as my main work experience. I asked the university payroll for the total income/stipends letter, but they rejected my request. They said the scholarship income should be mentioned in this letter. If I do not put this letter in my application, I believe I do not have enough supporting documents, and if I put this letter in my application, I think CIC will not accept scholarship as my income. What is my best option for me guys? Do I have any chance if I apply under this category of job experience?

Thanks
Yes, you do have a chance. Many applicants here did not include any supporting documents, only a very strong ref. letter from their supervisor. If you have supporting docs, it makes your application stronger; but it's not mandatory and if your supporting docs have negative impact, its better not to include them. I had the same problem. I did not include university payroll letter. But, included all of my paychecks and T4s. I asked my supervisor to write a letter based on the information in the university payroll letter.
You also can include contracts if your department and supervisor are cooperative.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
vahid_smiler said:
Hello Guys!

Thanks
Indicating the money received each year in your RA letter will suffice. Then add your T4/T4A to your application as well.

aspiration

Jan 30, 2014
Hi,

I live in Montreal,I am full time PhD student from 4 years.

Could you please let me know, am i eligible to apply for PR under PhD stream ? without going through CSQ process ?

canadian-13

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
Mar-5-2013
LANDED..........
Landed...
aspiration said:
Hi,

I live in Montreal,I am full time PhD student from 4 years.

Could you please let me know, am i eligible to apply for PR under PhD stream ? without going through CSQ process ?
I live in Montreal also, and I am a PhD student at McGill in 4th year, I have applied since last year using this stream and I do not have a CSQ. There are people I have read their stories on this thread, who are in our shoes and have already landed. So go ahead and apply! Good luck!!

xhiddenx

Mar 1, 2012
The_Prince said:
Same like you. I got my PER on the same day (Feb 18) and no more updates till this moment. I believe we should expect a document request or so through the coming couple of weeks.
I got my PER on the same day (Feb 18) and they asked me to send them CV, proof of funds and list of publications 2 weeks ago (Jan 16). However, I do not have chance to get positive response because of those magic 5 points (adaptability) I am 1 point short :)

karanoha

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Guys,
Does anyone here who applied in the new CAP (after May 4th, 2013) get an MR email ??
I am June 2013 applicant and I got nothing so far. Interestingly, Regular FSW applicants (not the PhD stream) who applied in June, July and August already got MR emails.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karanoha said:
Guys,
Does anyone here who applied in the new CAP (after May 4th, 2013) get an MR email ??
I am June 2013 applicant and I got nothing so far. Interestingly, Regular FSW applicants (not the PhD stream) who applied in June, July and August already got MR emails.
Nope. Even Dec 2012 applicants in this stream haven't got MR yet... You should expect it in at least a year from your application. After MR, the next steps are usually pretty quick though.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Houra said:
Nope. Even Dec 2012 applicants in this stream haven't got MR yet... You should expect it in at least a year from your application. After MR, the next steps are usually pretty quick though.
Yes, it is pretty quick like mine (have waited for 211 days)!

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
Yes, it is pretty quick like mine (have waited for 211 days)!
aidina, I wrote "it is pretty quick", then I remembered you, and then added "usually"!! :D Hope yours gets through ASAP.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Houra said:
aidina, I wrote "it is pretty quick", then I remembered you, and then added "usually"!! :D Hope yours gets through ASAP.
:). I really do not understand what is going on in my case.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
xhiddenx said:
I got my PER on the same day (Feb 18) and they asked me to send them CV, proof of funds and list of publications 2 weeks ago (Jan 16). However, I do not have chance to get positive response because of those magic 5 points (adaptability) I am 1 point short :)
Although my application has been received more than 2 weeks before yours, I still did not receive any requests or letters since the PER

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
canadian-13 said:
I live in Montreal also, and I am a PhD student at McGill in 4th year, I have applied since last year using this stream and I do not have a CSQ. There are people I have read their stories on this thread, who are in our shoes and have already landed. So go ahead and apply! Good luck!!
Just read all the posts from Quebec members carefully ranging from page 1 of this thread. Recently we have had a good run for Quebec residents but there were tons of rejections too. They clearly showed the intent of leaving Quebec. So go through all the posts and see which fits your situation and fix the docs proactively and update.

Be optimistic but not too much. I will start CSQ application too alongside if you happen to speak french and have TEFaQ scores, apply with IELTS. With spouse and kids you will have enough points. Without TEFaQ scores, it would be tough though. They increased the fees and the level from B1 to B2 for PEQ stream, so thats a bummer and a restraining factor.

Just two cents worth of advice, as if you get rejected in PhD stream, you stand to waste time and money plus reapplication. Keep work ex and intent to move out supporting docs ready and updated with them.

Bon Chance!!!!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
karanoha said:
Guys,
Sarsanballa applied on June 2013 and he has already landed!