+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Guys is it PER that we can use to get domestic fee?? will there be any email from CIC after PER and before document request/medical?

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi N_O,

Could you please add one column 'RPRF' on the spreadsheet?

I know now seems RPRF is one day before the Medical Request. But it might not always be like that.

How do you guys think about that?

maytheflow

David2013

Jul 29, 2013
maytheflower said:
Hi N_O,

I know now seems RPRF is one day before the Medical Request. But it might not always be like that.

maytheflow

Just I want to know Did you get your RPRF recently? I checked the tracker and found that we are on the same boat. You application reach CIO on 14 Sep 2012 and mine reach 07 Sep 2012.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Dear members, any idea on how I can delay the processing of my application to 1 month later?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Dear members, any idea on how I can delay the processing of my application to 1 month later?
I do not think you can. You can just withdraw your application which will not be different than being rejected.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
maytheflower said:
Hi N_O,

maytheflow
Ok, I'll add it!

zhougt

May 15, 2012
N_O said:
Hello there,

As Parkinson said, send them an updated reference letter ASAP, they may even contact you before February 9th.
Would you like to share your timeline with us? If yes, please post your dates, nationality, number of persons, ecas, and kind of work XP.
Good Luck!
Hi N_O,

Sure. Here is my timeline:

Category........: FSW3 (is this for FSW PhD stream?)
Visa Office......: CPP-O
NOC Code......: 4012
App. Filed.......: 19-01-2013
Doc's Request.: NA
Nomination.....: 27-02-2013 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request: Enclosed with the application
Med's Request: NA
Med's Done....: NA

Nationality: China
Number of person: 2 (me and my spouse)
Work experience: TA/RA only
eCAS: in process

Just a short note, I got PER on 27-02-2013, but haven't heard from them since then. I did send them my updated reference letter once before (30-07-2013). Also, I initially applied with only myself. Later, I got married and updated my marital status on 10-10-2013. That's all about me :)

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
zhougt said:
Hi N_O,

Just a short note, I got PER on 27-02-2013, but haven't heard from them since then. I did send them my updated reference letter once before (30-07-2013). Also, I initially applied with only myself. Later, I got married and updated my marital status on 10-10-2013. That's all about me :)
Have you included any documents including 6 months bank statement and PCCs in your application package? I'm asking this to figure out if they ask for documents even in the case everything is complete.

TaylorWang

Jun 19, 2012
Need help. Got a rejection due to the working experience letter does not match the NOC code.

Hi guys, I just got the email saying my work experience (graduate research assistant) does not satisfy the requirement. The working experience letter my department provided does not meet the code description of NOC. I submitted my application by Sep. 2012. I did search this thread but still am not clear what to do to save my case. Please help.

The major reason of rejection in the email is as follows:

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:
a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your period of work experience as a Graduate Research Assistant (NOC 4012) at the University of British Columbia does not meet the requirements of b) above as the duties listed in your letter of reference do not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code you selected.As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above.

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

I am not sure what the b) leading statement means. For NOC 4012, is it (www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Profile.aspx?val=4&val1=4012)
4012 Post-secondary teaching and research assistants
Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges.

My working experience is only graduate research assistant, the letter is provided by my department, quite standard so I am not allowed to change as I wish. I am surprised that the visa officer said b) above as the duties listed in your letter of reference do not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code you selected. I double checked my application documents. The NOC code I used is NOC4012. In my application form, I use these words "review existing literature", "conduct laboratory experiments", "analyze and compile research results", :prepare journal and conference articles". But I think the officer meant the letter of my working experience didn't match the NOC code, not the application form.

What should I do? Is there any chance to appeal to let them reconsider my case instead of submit a brand new application? Will they accept a new letter showing exactly what they want to see? If so, how do I do that step by step? In the email, I just get refused. No further documents are required. I feel so frustrated. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
zhougt said:
Hi N_O,

Thanks for sharing it!
Did you find anything about your updated letter in your GCMS notes? Did they attach it to your file? Did any officer write a note in the end of your GCMS notes regarding initial assessment? ًWhen did RK6165 assign your application to FA01772? Was it right after the PER, after the updated letter or recently? This may help us to understand whether they considered the updated letter or not. However, update it again and send it ASAP, they may contact you after 12 month of filing the application not the PER.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
TaylorWang said:
Need help. Got a rejection due to the working experience letter does not match the NOC code.

Hi guys, I just got the email saying my work experience (graduate research assistant) does not satisfy the requirement. The working experience letter my department provided does not meet the code description of NOC. I submitted my application by Sep. 2013.

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:
a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your period of work experience as a Graduate Research Assistant (NOC 4012) at the University of British Columbia does not meet the requirements of b) above as the duties listed in your letter of reference do not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code you selected.As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above.

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

The working experience is just graduate research assistant, the letter is provided by my department, quite standard. I am surprised that the visa officer said b) above as the duties listed in your letter of reference do not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code you selected. I double checked my application documents. The NOC code I used is NOC4012. In my application form, I use these words "review existing literature", "conduct laboratory experiments", "analyze and compile research results", :prepare journal and conference articles". But I think the officer meant the letter of my working experience didn't match the NOC code.

What should I do? Is there any chance to let them reconsider my case instead of submit a brand new application, which is painful? Will they accept a new letter showing exactly what they want to see? If so, how do I do that step by step? In the email, I just get refused. No further documents are required. I feel so frustrated. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Sorry for your rejection. Your reference letter does not match the "lead statement" which is "assist professors in research activities": assist professors in data analysis and assist professors in preparing journal articles. Your letter indicates that you do these actions by yourself not assisting a faculty member in doing these actions. I know it is ridiculous. But, unfortunately this is what they want!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
TaylorWang said:

Hi guys, I just got the email saying my work experience (graduate research assistant) does not satisfy the requirement. The working experience letter my department provided does not meet the code description of NOC. I submitted my application by Sep. 2012. I did search this thread but still am not clear what to do to save my case. Please help.

The working experience is just graduate research assistant, the letter is provided by my department, quite standard. I am surprised that the visa officer said b) above as the duties listed in your letter of reference do not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code you selected. I double checked my application documents. The NOC code I used is NOC4012. In my application form, I use these words "review existing literature", "conduct laboratory experiments", "analyze and compile research results", :prepare journal and conference articles". But I think the officer meant the letter of my working experience didn't match the NOC code.

What should I do? Is there any chance to let them reconsider my case instead of submit a brand new application, which is painful? Will they accept a new letter showing exactly what they want to see? If so, how do I do that step by step? In the email, I just get refused. No further documents are required. I feel so frustrated. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
What is your timeline BTW?

David2013

Jul 29, 2013
Just I want to inform you that I revived RPRF email today ;D.
I want to appreciate all of you for sharing your experiments. I am sure without your helps and advises especially for updating RA letter I could not be here. I have updated my RA letter two times and it is the last one:

To: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to confirm Mr.*** has worked part time (30 hours work per week) as a research assistant specialized in the field of *** at the *** laboratory, Department of ***, University of *** since *** until ***. As a research assistant, Mr. ***has assisted Professor *** in research activities in area of ***.
His main roles and responsibilities were:
1. Conduct research in *** laboratory.
2. Analyze the research results and conduct literature and technical reviews and surveys.
3. Participate in research group meetings and seminars.
4. Prepare publications (journal articles and papers) of research results.
5. Conducting laboratory experiments in field of ***for using in scholarly publications.
6. Assisting professor in analyzing research results and preparing publication (journal articles and conference posters).
7. Preparing and delivering research presentation.
Also his salary for his work was as following:
1. From *** to ***: ***$CAD
2. From *** to ***: ***$CAD
3. From *** to ***: ***$CAD

If you required more information, please contact me at my address below.

Yours sincerely,

I wish the best luck for all of applicants.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
David2013 said:
Just I want to inform you that I revived RPRF email today ;D.
I want to appreciate all of you for sharing your experiments. I am sure without your helps and advises especially for updating RA letter I could not be here. I have updated my RA letter two times and it is the last one:

To: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to confirm Mr.*** has worked part time (30 hours work per week) as a research assistant specialized in the field of *** at the *** laboratory, Department of ***, University of *** since *** until ***. As a research assistant, Mr. ***has assisted Professor *** in research activities in area of ***.
His main roles and responsibilities were:
1. Conduct research in *** laboratory.
2. Analyze the research results and conduct literature and technical reviews and surveys.
3. Participate in research group meetings and seminars.
4. Prepare publications (journal articles and papers) of research results.
5. Conducting laboratory experiments in field of ***for using in scholarly publications.
6. Assisting professor in analyzing research results and preparing publication (journal articles and conference posters).
7. Preparing and delivering research presentation.
Also his salary for his work was as following:
1. From *** to ***: ***$CAD
2. From *** to ***: ***$CAD

If you required more information, please contact me at my address below.

Yours sincerely,

I wish the best luck for all of applicants.
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your reference letter.

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Just a quick update about my application. I just received medical examination form. I booked an appointment for tomorrow and it would be e-medical.