CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Dani1982 said:
no, I thought only the lead statement must be there, not repeating assisting for each duty!
Not every single duty should include it, a few of them should be enough!

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
aidina said:
That is the case for sure. That is funny though.
Really? OMG!!! If that's the case I have to update my RA letter tomorrow as my letter has "assisting" in the lead statement but not in the duties. I prepared the letter based on the successful reference letters. Some of them just don't have assisting in the duties. Every day they find a new excuse to reject us.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
N_O said:
Not every single duty should include it, a few of them should be enough!
yeah, but when my supervisor mentioned in the letter that" we have published X papers in Y and Z journals " is it really necessary to add assisting to the preparation of journal articles or papers?!! :)

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
ryan_glory said:
Really? OMG!!! If that's the case I have to update my RA letter tomorrow as my letter has "assisting" in the lead statement but not in the duties. I prepared the letter based on the successful reference letters. Some of them just don't have assisting in the duties. Every day they find a new excuse to reject us.
yeah, I also find some of those successful letters did not have assisting in duties section, those guys might be very lucky!! but do not take the risk, update as soon as possible and add assisting to the result analysis and the preparation of journal articles or papers

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Dani1982 said:
yeah, I also find some of those successful letters did not have assisting in duties section, those guys might be very lucky!! but do not take the risk, update as soon as possible and add assisting to the result analysis and the preparation of journal articles or papers
How do you know if they have considered your updated ref letter or not. Have they mentioned it anywhere? It would be great if you share your RA letter with us, so we can figure out what is their new lame excuse for rejecting us.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Dani1982 said:
So they did consider your updated letter right ?

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
S_Govind said:
So they did consider your updated letter right ?
not 100% sure if they did, but the chance of not considering it is very low since my CAIPS showed it was attached to my file

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
ryan_glory said:
How do you know if they have considered your updated ref letter or not. Have they mentioned it anywhere? It would be great if you share your RA letter with us, so we can figure out what is their new lame excuse for rejecting us.
This is the main section of my letter:

As a research assistant, he is assisting me in the research activities of the following projects:
Project: XXX
Goal: : XXXX
Responsibilities and duties: his main duties and responsibilities in this project are conducting literature reviews, scientific programming, algorithm development, data analysis, compilation of research results, managing and leading a team of undergraduate students, and preparation of journal and conference papers.
Results: As a result, we presented two papers in X and Y conferences

project : XXXX

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Dani1982 said:
This is the main section of my letter:

x As a research assistant, he is assisting me in the research activities of the following projects:
Project: XXX
Goal: : XXXX
Responsibilities and duties: his main duties and responsibilities in this project are conducting literature reviews, scientific programming, algorithm development, data analysis, compilation of research results, managing and leading a team of undergraduate students, and preparation of journal and conference papers.
Results: As a result, we presented two papers in X and Y conferences

project : XXXX
Thank you. As for me it seems like a perfect letter. I really don't know what they want from us. :(

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Dani1982 said:
I am not sure if this is true or not, but I guess the reason my application was rejected is because I did not have the term "assisting" in any of the duties in my RA letter, I did have the lead statement sentence "as a research assistant, he is assisting me in the research activities of ...". I think that is why they said in the refusal letter that "as the letters of reference you submitted listed duties that do not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code you selected."
any ideas?
Your saying this based on what you heard from the MP's Assistant?

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
S_Govind said:
Your saying this based on what you heard from the MP's Assistant?
no, this is based on my understanding from the refusal letter and R.80(3)

This is R.80(3)
(3) For the purposes of subsection (1), a skilled worker is considered to have experience in an occupation, regardless of whether they meet the employment requirements of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, if they performed

(a) the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

(b) at least a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all the essential duties.

so you must include those duties in your letter that shows the actions described in the lead statement of the corresponding NOC code , here the lead statement for RA is assisting a faculty member in research activities, so if you exclude those duties which have the term "assisting", the officer would say list of duties in your letter do not match the actions described in the lead statement!!

but this is just a guess! I have to wait for their reply to MP's assistant

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
ryan_glory said:
This would be too ridiculous if they refuse people because a letter has the word "assisting" in the lead statement, but it does not have the word in the body.
This would be looking for tiny holes in our letters just to reject applications! My letter does not have the word in the body but it has some other words like "cooperation...".

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dani1982 said:
no, this is based on my understanding from the refusal letter and R.80(3)

This is R.80(3)
(3) For the purposes of subsection (1), a skilled worker is considered to have experience in an occupation, regardless of whether they meet the employment requirements of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, if they performed

(a) the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

(b) at least a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all the essential duties.

so you must include those duties in your letter that shows the actions described in the lead statement of the corresponding NOC code , here the lead statement for RA is assisting a faculty member in research activities, so if you exclude those duties which have the term "assisting", the officer would say list of duties in your letter do not match the actions described in the lead statement!!

but this is just a guess! I have to wait for their reply to MP's assistant
But (a) only says that the applicant should have performed actions in the lead statement and in your letter it has been mentioned that as a research assistant you have assisted the professor in research activities which is exactly the lead statement and shows that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement. Also, you have performed substantial number of main duties. Your work experience letter is perfect and they should accept it!

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
beh467 said:
But (a) only says that the applicant should have performed actions in the lead statement and in your letter it has been mentioned that as a research assistant you have assisted the professor in research activities which is exactly the lead statement and shows that you have performed the actions in the lead statement. Also, you have performed substantial number of main duties. Your work experience letter is perfect and they should accept it!
I hope so beh467, but he problem is none of my listed duties match the actions (here is assisting) described in the lead statement and that was the reason in the refusal letter!!
I saw your shared letter, your duties also did not have the term "assisting" and you pass the eligibility? am I right?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dani1982 said:
I hope so beh467, but he problem is none of my listed duties match the actions (here is assisting) described in the lead statement and that was the reason in the refusal letter!!
I saw your shared letter, your duties also did not have the term "assisting" and you pass the eligibility? am I right?
yes, the duties in my letter did not include assist. My first and second RA letter was not accepted by SL. This is the SL note:

PA claims following work experience: 1) Research Assistant (NOC 4012) from xxxx to xxxx. PA submitted two letters of reference dated xxxx and xxxx which listed duties that do not match the lead statement as there is no indication that PA directly assists a faculty member.

Then, I added the lead statement (As a research assistant, he assists me in research activities in the area of xxxx.) and updated my RA letter which is accepted by FA.

If they don't accept your letter, it shows that they are trying to come up with new ways to reject the RA letter everyday!