waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
ASG said:
For ME it matches, for them, that's another story.

Would you mind posting your entire letter, and the entire NOC description? I do believe that the duties match, but you also need the lead statement, and if you don't have it, you will get rejected for sure.
So, post the entire thing and we'll likely be more able to help ;-)
For job descriptions and duties those (what I posted) were the everything. Other than that I have duties of other positions ( I had 3 different positions in the same institution), duration of employments, income of different positions, hours of work and other general stuffs described in the letter. I guess I have missed the lead statements in my letter. Lets see. I am planning to wait until Sydney's response. If I pass from sydney I guess I should send revised letter to Ottawa (I dont want to bother sydney time and again for the same issue). Incase I dont pass from Sydney, I will include revised letter in reapplication (As I can bear the rejection from sydney it is about 3-4 month wastage but not from ottwa).

ravenous071

Jan 2, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am applying under Phd FSW. I am a 3rd year Phd student in Canada. I already did my Master in Canada for 2 years.

In the imm0008_3e form (Schedule 3, Economic Classes) for the FSW application , question 9 asks if you have worked previously in Canada for 1 year full-time. My RA/TA hours for which I am claiming is on a part-time continuous basis, so should I choose 'NO' for working full-time on this form ?

Also, for Question 3a on the imm0008_3e form , when it asks if I have an offer of employment in Canada, should I choose 'YES' and put my supervisor information?
thanks.
thanks Parkinson,

Since I am currently in Canada, would my 'Immigration office requested for processing the application' be CPP Ottawa, Ontario,Canada ?

Also, do you know if CIC asks for details of Bank statements, such as where the money came from,etc ? or do I just get a current bank statement with my total savings amount for my application?

cheers
hi everyone,

can anyone tell me if I should put CPP-Ottawa as my Immigration Office since I am going to school in Toronto? Also please let me know if CIC will asks for details of Bank statements, such as where the money came from,etc ? or do I just get a current bank statement with my total savings amount for my application?

thank you

allbutmtl

Nov 5, 2013
Hello everyone,

so I have been passive participant on this forum for a long long time. Thanks everyone for you posts, most of them were very helpful. After just 13 months I finally landed last week. I applied just after finishing my second year and everything went smooth, even RA letter from my supervisor was accepted. Btw. I am from Quebec. Some of you did have problems with applying from QC, but apparently, it could be done. I did not supply any special documents regarding the Quebec residency.

So have nice day.

GeographyPhD

Sep 29, 2013
could you please create a new file for me on the spreadsheet?

Application received by CIC: 4th November
RA/TA only
From UK
Single applicant only

Thanks a million!

belq33

Jun 23, 2013
Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone in this forum for sharing their experiences! I am planning to apply for PR in a few weeks but have a few questions.

Do we have to submit pay stubs with the application or only if they ask for them?

Also, in the economic classes form, it asks whether you have at least one year of Canadian work experience. Are we still supposed to say yes if our work experience is part-time?

Thanks

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I really hope so, that's why I was in rush to send my app before May, but they seem to disapprove it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp
Quote from the guide:

Staying informed
This is, indeed, interesting. Do you guys know since when this is included in the guide? As I remember, the applications were supposed to be assessed according the rules that were in effect at the time of the application submission. I find this addition unfair! This gives them the freedom to apply the rules that are against the applicants and reject them whenever they want to.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Anna2013 said:
This is, indeed, interesting. Do you guys know since when this is included in the guide? As I remember, the applications were supposed to be assessed according the rules that were in effect at the time of the application submission. I find this addition unfair! This gives them the freedom to apply the rules that are against the applicants and reject them whenever they want to.
Yep, now they can apply the old/new rules wherever/whenever they want to make their favorite conclusion! I am not saying they do this explicitly and I really hope not, but this is a source of INCONSISTENCY and UNFAIRNESS!

Kaziahmmed got his CAIPS recently. He can comment on this, especially regarding acceptance of RA/TA as work experience.
Another point by N_O is: if they assess our files according to new rules, we should provide them with credentials equivalency assessment. They have not asked anybody yet for it. This is still good.

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Yep, now they can apply the old/new rules wherever/whenever they want to make their favorite conclusion! I am not saying they do this explicitly and I really hope not, but this is a source of INCONSISTENCY and UNFAIRNESS!

Kaziahmmed got his CAIPS recently. He can comment on this, especially regarding acceptance of RA/TA as work experience.
Another point by N_O is: if they assess our files according to new rules, we should provide them with credentials equivalency assessment. They have not asked anybody yet for it. This is still good.
No, that was just an example to argue his/her point. I believe everyone here (including me) was under the impression that the applications are evaluated according the rules that were in the guide when we applied. I think what they do is, using this new freedom, to refuse giving the points for some things that are on the side, like Canadian child, RA experience letter, etc... They will not ask you to provide credentials equivalency assessment, which will make them look unreasonable.

aysuda

Jul 2, 2013
allbutmtl said:
Hello everyone,

so I have been passive participant on this forum for a long long time. Thanks everyone for you posts, most of them were very helpful. After just 13 months I finally landed last week. I applied just after finishing my second year and everything went smooth, even RA letter from my supervisor was accepted. Btw. I am from Quebec. Some of you did have problems with applying from QC, but apparently, it could be done. I did not supply any special documents regarding the Quebec residency.

So have nice day.
Do you mind share your information with us? The time you have applied, your nationality and any document requested during this time... Your case is interesting that you were not asked for any documents regarding the Quebec residency!!!

Thanks

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I really hope so, that's why I was in rush to send my app before May, but they seem to disapprove it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp
Quote from the guide:

Staying informed
This is in the "before you apply section"

As far as i think...this is that you need to be sure to check the latest stuff just before you apply...like in my case, it took me 4-5 months to gather the documents and then when I checked a second time...all the forms had been updated and some new documentation was required...so I had to refill a few forms...i guess what they mean is that you need to be sure of everything before you send in your application and before it is received by Sydney...once the initial assessment by Sydney is done then it should not change as far as I would think...but who knows...they can use it as a clause protecting themselves when they reject an application...

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
sgtrigger said:
This is in the "before you apply section"

As far as i think...this is that you need to be sure to check the latest stuff just before you apply...like in my case, it took me 4-5 months to gather the documents and then when I checked a second time...all the forms had been updated and some new documentation was required...so I had to refill a few forms...i guess what they mean is that you need to be sure of everything before you send in your application and before it is received by Sydney...once the initial assessment by Sydney is done then it should not change as far as I would think...but who knows...they can use it as a clause protecting themselves when they reject an application...
Sorry, I have to disagree, even though I don't like to. I think this sentence is clearly saying it:
"Applications will be processed according to the rules and regulations in effect at the time they are assessed. Rules and regulations may change at any time, and changes may be applied to applications which have already been received."

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The way the files should be processed is clear in the operation manual. In the page 3 of the operation manual for applicants on or after May 4,2013 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/RESOURCES/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf) is mentioned:

What this chapter is about

This chapter describes the processing of applications for permanent residence submitted by applicants in the Federal Skilled Worker
Class, and received by the Centralized Intake Office(CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia on or after May 4, 2013.

Note: Information on processing applications for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Class received before May 4, 2013 is provided in
OP6, OP 6-A and OP 6-B.

The applications which have been submitted before May 4, 2013 should be assessed according to the operation manual 6B (http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/RESOURCES/manuals/op/op06b-eng.pdf)

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ravenous071 said:
hi everyone,

can anyone tell me if I should put CPP-Ottawa as my Immigration Office since I am going to school in Toronto? Also please let me know if CIC will asks for details of Bank statements, such as where the money came from,etc ? or do I just get a current bank statement with my total savings amount for my application?

thank you

You can select the CPP-Ottawa as visa office or you can select the visa office of your country of nationality as your immigration office.

You can send a current bank statement but later they will request a bank statement with 6 month account activity.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allbutmtl said:
Hello everyone,

So have nice day.
Congrats!
Can you please share your timeline?

Ahmed2

Nov 4, 2013
N_O said:
I am sorry to hear your rejection! I have the same problem as I found in my CAIPS notes that they didn't award me any adaptability points, neither for my Canadian son nor to my spouse education! But I thought they may update the adaptability points in Ottawa later, after I read your story I became really concerned. So do you mind sharing their email with us? Regarding to the updated reference letter, I think you can easily figure out whether they counted it or not from your total experience points.
Send them an email ASAP; don't wait for their response, go to your MP with your supporting documents that shows your right in those 5 points. I think your appeal will be approved and Ottawa's decision will be reverted, as you applied before May 2013 so those 5 points should be granted easily!
Good Luck

Edit: Quot what is written in OP 6b
9.15. Adaptability
Pursuant to R83, the officer will assess the application and award a maximum of 10
adaptability points, as follows:
a) Educational credentials of the accompanying spouse or common-law partner: 3,4 or 5
b) Previous study in Canada: 5
c) Previous work in Canada: 5
d) Relatives in Canada: 5
Award five points if the applicant or accompanying spouse or common- law
partner has a relative (parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a
parent, child of a grandparent, or grandchild of a parent) who is residing in
Canada and is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
Thanks for your advise. The last experience letter was not counted you can tell that by the number of points they awarded me. But as I said that one was an RA letter and there are many debates on that. I think the adaptability points are more clear. I talked to MP office and they said they send an email to Ottawa to ask about the refusal criteria. They did not take my documents too so I don't want to put much hope on that. I called CIC and they say re-apply or appeal in the federal court but the lawyers are way more expensive than a new application The thing is I really don't feel I want to start all over again after 17month in the processing queue