App received : 23 Dec 2011
PER: March 5, 2012
Doc Request: Jan 3, 2013
Medical request: 23 January
RPRF request: May 10, 2013
Passport request: August 2, 2013
Visa received: Aug 23, 2013
Nationality: Iranian

Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the helps.
Congratulations!

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
hamoon said:
Hello all,
I received my passport today, here is my final timeline:

I guess 23 will be my new lucky number: Dec 23 - Aug 23, I even received my medical on January 23 .

Anyways, Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the helps.
Congratulations Hamoon! That was a good news.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

first, congratulations to all the applicants who have been receiving good news recently.

I am writing to ask about the language test:

I took a language test less than 2 years ago; I am planning on reapplying for PR in the next few months.

My spouse is from France, but I am the main applicant. On the application package, they ask if the spouse is proficient in English or French. Obviously, he is, but the cost of the language test is high, and I already took mine.

So, my question is the following: has anyone here had a spouse say "no" I am not proficient in any language even though they are a citizen of a country whose official language is either English or French?

I am afraid it would be misrepresentation and thus could warrant rejection, but if we say "yes", he has to take the 500$ test...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

rhsaif

Aug 19, 2013
As stated before, my PR application has been received in 2nd May 2013 and credit card has been charged by 9th May 2013. Still no PER has been sent to me. Though online status shows IN PROCESS. Few days before (3.5 months), I called in help line and asked. They replied, it's too early and wait. What is the meaning of IN PROCESS at this stage?

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
hamoon said:
Hello all,
I received my passport today, here is my final timeline:

I guess 23 will be my new lucky number: Dec 23 - Aug 23, I even received my medical on January 23 .

Anyways, Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the helps.
Watch the movie The Number 23. It might freak you out actually.LOL. Congrats.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
One of the requirements to apply for PR is that student should be in 'good standing' at the University. What if the student switches programmes after applying? Is it important to be in the Ph.D programme till the time the application is finalized?

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Feb2004 said:
One of the requirements to apply for PR is that student should be in 'good standing' at the University. What if the student switches programmes after applying? Is it important to be in the Ph.D programme till the time the application is finalized?
Absolutely since you are applying under the PhD category. One should have either completed the degree requirements or should continue to be in good standing until the application is finalized. If you happen to switch from one PhD program to another within the same university, I would say you would have to wait for two more years so as to become eligible since your previous registration would have been terminated.

dfbb

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-02-2013
got my second set of GCMS notes.
on april 25, SL01732 analyzed my file. recognize my work experience in current school, but did not recognize my previous experience from other two schools because I did not attach reference letter. But still it was enough for me, since he/she gave me 73 points.

on May 27 and June 12, I updated my reference letters from previous schools.

On July 15, FA01772 approved that I satisfied requirement.

As I have enough points, I am not sure the effect of my updated letter. But still, I think they are useful. Good luck to you guys.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dfbb said:
got my second set of GCMS notes.
on april 25, SL01732 analyzed my file. recognize my work experience in current school, but did not recognize my previous experience from other two schools because I did not attach reference letter. But still it was enough for me, since he/she gave me 73 points.

on May 27 and June 12, I updated my reference letters from previous schools.

On July 15, FA01772 approved that I satisfied requirement.

As I have enough points, I am not sure the effect of my updated letter. But still, I think they are useful. Good luck to you guys.
What is the status of your security?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
beh467 said:
What is the status of your security?
This stupid security/criminality check is just killing nd wasting valuable time of life. Its more than 15 months now still haven't get the MR :((

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Hello Folks,
I'm back with good news (maybe) after a few months. In case you don't remember me, I got refused last year in Jan. 2013 for insufficient work experience. Then I re-applied in April 2013 and just last week I got an email from CIC asking the following items:

1. Police Certificate: Please provide an original police clearance certificate from Iran No. 958398, issued on September 2, 2012. This must be received at this office by: 11/07/2013.

2. Ph.D. program information:
o The field of study for your doctoral program,
o The name and contact details of your doctoral advisor and/or academic supervisor,
o A detailed Curriculum Vitae, and
o A list of all publications that you have authored or have participated in.
This must be received at this office by: 09/07/2013.

I have not been active in the forum since I sent my new app. I've been thinking it takes them another 1 year to process my application, so I was off in the last months. But now seems it only took 4 months!!!

Anyway I am going to reply to their email very carefully this time. I don't want to get refused again for silly mistakes! So I have two important questions from you guys especially those old users. TyrusX and others whom I don't remember their names, please advise.

1. They asked my original police certificate while they already have its official translation but not the original. Now I don't have the original with me since I am in a trip in my home country. I can easily get a fresh certificate with translation here, and send it to them with the excuse that this is a new and better one.
Do you see any problem in this part? By the way I'm going to send it by DHL. Is it OK?

2. They asked my resume, my supervisor's info, etc. I remember they used to do this for Iranian nationals. It's easy to provide them with such info.
But do you have any advice, comments on this part? Should I add special info, statements with that? Is there any risk in the way I answer them? Maybe my supervisor should be careful with what he says to them?!?!
Please let me know anything you know about these items.
Again I am not going to lose my second try for silly mistakes. Thanks a lotttt.

omaradib

Mar 31, 2009
Hi,

My application has been received on Feb 14, 2013 and showing a status of "in process". It has been several months since. I am wondering what is next to expect. Your answer will be much appreciated. Thanks.

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Hello Folks,
I'm back with good news (maybe) after a few months. In case you don't remember me, I got refused last year in Jan. 2013 for insufficient work experience. Then I re-applied in April 2013 and just last week I got an email from CIC asking the following items:

1. Police Certificate: Please provide an original police clearance certificate from Iran No. 958398, issued on September 2, 2012. This must be received at this office by: 11/07/2013.

2. Ph.D. program information:
o The field of study for your doctoral program,
o The name and contact details of your doctoral advisor and/or academic supervisor,
o A detailed Curriculum Vitae, and
o A list of all publications that you have authored or have participated in.
This must be received at this office by: 09/07/2013.

I have not been active in the forum since I sent my new app. I've been thinking it takes them another 1 year to process my application, so I was off in the last months. But now seems it only took 4 months!!!

Anyway I am going to reply to their email very carefully this time. I don't want to get refused again for silly mistakes! So I have two important questions from you guys especially those old users. TyrusX and others whom I don't remember their names, please advise.

1. They asked my original police certificate while they already have its official translation but not the original. Now I don't have the original with me since I am in a trip in my home country. I can easily get a fresh certificate with translation here, and send it to them with the excuse that this is a new and better one.
Do you see any problem in this part? By the way I'm going to send it by DHL. Is it OK?

2. They asked my resume, my supervisor's info, etc. I remember they used to do this for Iranian nationals. It's easy to provide them with such info.
But do you have any advice, comments on this part? Should I add special info, statements with that? Is there any risk in the way I answer them? Maybe my supervisor should be careful with what he says to them?!?!
Please let me know anything you know about these items.
Again I am not going to lose my second try for silly mistakes. Thanks a lotttt.
Hi Hamed,

Glad to hear your good news.

1- In my opinion, the best you can do is to provide them with the new Police certificate (It doesn't cost you much since you are already in Iran), and explain the situation in a letter (that you are away from Canada and have no access to the old one, and will send them once you get back to Canada).

Yes, DHL is a good option.

2- I don't think there is a risk in the second part. Just provide them with the requested information, you can even include all the information in your CV (as I did and had no problem). But, make sure that your information doesn't contradict the information provided in your previous application. I also strongly suggest you to be very careful about your work reference letters, you can update your reference letters (by e-mail or mail) at any time before your final assessment. You may find some of the successful RA/TA reference letters in the following link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rRI4xdVpgbh8Ko1p5S9KvwXf7B7UuTCKLBpKL2xasps/edit

Good luck with your application, and enjoy your trip :)