26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TRT_Flynn said:
Just got passport. I am planning to do the landing in Niagara this week and will share the experience here later on. Guys, wish you all best! I will stay with forum and try to help as much as I can.
Congrats :) Are you planning to visit the United States before landing, or are you just going to get administrative refusal? If the latter, maybe it's a better idea to land through Peace Bridge (which would add only about 30 minutes of driving time), so you won't have to deal with the CBP :)

jfromlamp

Jul 8, 2013
Hello good people of the forum,

so here is my proposed update letter that I hope ticks all the right boxes for immigration. Any thoughts anyone?

This letter is to confirm that XXX is registered as a full-time PhD student in the XXX doctoral program at YY University. XXX commenced the program in September 2009 and is expected to complete his studies in the next six months. XXX is in good standing in the program.
He has received $XXX each year for four years of fulltime study. He completes a minimum of thirty five hours a week of work on his doctoral research and studies, and works ten hours per week as a teaching assistant. As a graduate researcher, he conducts research on his doctorial topic; assists professors preparing research work for publication; and gives papers at academic conferences, both domestically and internationally.
His main responsibilities as a graduate teaching assistant are: to assist and support professors in preparing teaching materials for lectures and seminars; conduct and moderate tutorials and seminars; invigilate and grade examinations; and on occasion guest lecture. Prior to his work in the YYY Centre For YY Studies, he worked as a teaching assistant in the XX Studies department performing similar duties.
XXX has also been actively involved in several local community education and development projects as part of his professional training. He has been active in the public presentation of his research at local, national and international conferences.
XXX’s professional education as a scholar, teacher and workshop leader and his community and field-based experiences will make him an excellent candidate for a range of employment opportunities upon completion of his doctorate. Such positions include educator (both within the academic system and beyond), workshop facilitator, program director, and ‘special needs’ consultant.

I would be happy to provide you any further information about XXX that you might require.

elnazdel

Star Member
Jun 28, 2011
Hi All,

I am planning to start my application under phd stream. Would you please let me know where to check the cap so far?

Could anyone please help?

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
1. This is definitely missing the lead statement. I know what "graduate researcher" means but necessarily the officer should not know. you included one assist word in your duties but I think this is not good. As the title says it is a lead statement and it should be written in a way that it is the lead statement of your letter.

2. Add more details to your duties. Try to write them in a way that they are pretty clear. Like:

- Conduct research...................
(Give some detail)
- Conduct Laboratory experiments

(Give some detail)

3. You are working 35 hours as an RA and 10 hours as a TA. How come you are working 45 hrs/week?

jfromlamp said:
Hello good people of the forum,

so here is my proposed update letter that I hope ticks all the right boxes for immigration. Any thoughts anyone?

This letter is to confirm that XXX is registered as a full-time PhD student in the XXX doctoral program at YY University. XXX commenced the program in September 2009 and is expected to complete his studies in the next six months. XXX is in good standing in the program.
He has received $XXX each year for four years of fulltime study. He completes a minimum of thirty five hours a week of work on his doctoral research and studies, and works ten hours per week as a teaching assistant. As a graduate researcher, he conducts research on his doctorial topic; assists professors preparing research work for publication; and gives papers at academic conferences, both domestically and internationally.
His main responsibilities as a graduate teaching assistant are: to assist and support professors in preparing teaching materials for lectures and seminars; conduct and moderate tutorials and seminars; invigilate and grade examinations; and on occasion guest lecture. Prior to his work in the YYY Centre For YY Studies, he worked as a teaching assistant in the XX Studies department performing similar duties.
XXX has also been actively involved in several local community education and development projects as part of his professional training. He has been active in the public presentation of his research at local, national and international conferences.
XXX's professional education as a scholar, teacher and workshop leader and his community and field-based experiences will make him an excellent candidate for a range of employment opportunities upon completion of his doctorate. Such positions include educator (both within the academic system and beyond), workshop facilitator, program director, and ‘special needs' consultant.

I would be happy to provide you any further information about XXX that you might require.

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
elnazdel said:
Hi All,

I am planning to start my application under phd stream. Would you please let me know where to check the cap so far?

Could anyone please help?
Check this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
kaziahmmed said:
Thanks N_O. Checking pplz inactive status that is what I called more than generousity, U guys r simply awesome. Now giving all of u a beautiful information....... Jonas Salk who invented Polio Vaccine didn't patent it to make it affordable for the millions of ppl as a result he missed out an earning an estimated US $7 billion dollars. Thank You Dr. Salk (1914-1995).
Thanks! +1

elnazdel

Star Member
Jun 28, 2011
I have a question regarding my degrees. I have a master's and Bachelors from my home country. Should I request for both of them to be assessed for credentials? Or Master's is enough?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
elnazdel said:
Thanks a lot! U'm not sure how to +1 you though!
Click on 'Good' under his username. He deserves it :)

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chris Alexander is the new immigration minister: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/ExAfghan+envoy+Alexander+joins+Harper+cabinet+immigration/8662717/story.html

Is this good news or bad news?

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehroonir said:
Chris Alexander is the new immigration minister: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/ExAfghan+envoy+Alexander+joins+Harper+cabinet+immigration/8662717/story.html

Is this good news or bad news?
I was just about to post the same thing. It doesn't seem like there's going to be a big change. We'll see soon enough I guess.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elnazdel said:
I have a question regarding my degrees. I have a master's and Bachelors from my home country. Should I request for both of them to be assessed for credentials? Or Master's is enough?
As far as I know you do one assessment for both university degrees (with the same fee).

a_nashed

Star Member
May 12, 2012
Congrts :D
TRT_Flynn said:
Just got passport. I am planning to do the landing in Niagara this week and will share the experience here later on. Guys, wish you all best! I will stay with forum and try to help as much as I can.

Mohazy

Jun 2, 2013
Hello Everybody,

I am sharing the rest of my timeline with you

MR received: May 30
Medicals done: June 4 (e-medical)
"Medicals received " status on ecas: June 11th
PPR: June 28th
Received passports: July 10
Landed on Thursday July 11th

I have also received my CAIPS, so I can share with you some details

SL**** reviewed my application initially on May 6th, and he recommended accepting my application (based on the old experience letter, it also contained the word "assist")
The updated experience letter was attached to my file on May 14
The file was reviewed again by FA to render the final decision on May 30. I believe that he approved my application (I did not receive any emails from him/her)
Same day I was requested to pay RPRF
Following day, I received MR

So my PR journey took basically 11 months (lucky I know)

My advice: Submit complete application package, do not give them a chance to ask for extra documents
Also I would urge everyone to send updated proof of funds every 3 months or so (even thru email).
If you do that, the officer will have no reason to ask for 6 months history (coz you can not borrow the money every 3 months)
I sent 3 bank statements (without account history) : first one when I first submitted my application to CIO on August, second one when I added my spouse on February, Third one when I updated my experience letter.
They did not ask me to submit any additional POF
Another thing, Include PCCs in your initial application.

AGAIN, Do not give them a chance to request any documents coz it WILL delay the processing of your file. SEND EVERYTHING PROACTIVELY. do not give them a reason to delay the processing of your application

Thanks a lot guys for all the info. Wishing everyone best of luck
You also wish me luck in my future life :)

Mohazy

P.S Sorry for the bad English, it is 12:50 am now

ahmadimo

Jan 20, 2013
Houra said:
Hey all,
In my CAIPS notes, I realized that I got points for only 2 years experience, whereas I have submitted 4 years. It was a combination of 2+1 year before PhD and 1 year RA/TA. I'm guessing that in the initial assessment they have not accepted the letter for the 2 year one. Fortunately I still have enough points even without that (73 points). Now do you guys think it is wise to send another more detailed letter for that 2 year experience just based on this guess or wait? It is hard to get that letter again from my employer back home, that's why I'm hesitant; and I'm not even sure if this is the case...
Thanks!
Hi Houra,

I have the same situation as you. Recently received my CAIPS notes and noticed that they have indicated only 2 years for experience. In addition to my RA experience (2 years) I have submitted reference letter for 3 more years which apparently is not considered in the notes. I have recently sent updated reference letters for both my RA and 3 years experiences with magical words but I am not sure if more actions might be necessary. Did you contact Ottawa to ask about this issue?

Other opinions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Amir