+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

zebrafish

Jul 8, 2013
NeverGiveUp said:
You need to check out the following page frequently:

They used to mention the number of applicants (under PhD stream) reached CIO in the same page. I'm not sure why they have not done so yet, but surely they will, once the number of PhD applicants becomes substantial.
thank you! I have few other questions :)
1. my boyfriend is a foreign student at McGill, Montreal, Quebec :( he's in his 4th year of PhD. I was looking on your forum and it seems that there are no applicants from Quebec who got PR through this stream?? He never applied for CSQ, though he speaks French.
2. It looks like many Quebec applicants in the PhD stream applied before for CSQ, could it be a reason to be asked for more proofs about where you want to settle after graduation?
3. were rejected applicants refund for the fees?
4. Anybody knows which kind of proofs we can submit to prove we don't want to live in Quebec after his graduation?

The timing for CSQ is crazy now, they told me on the phone that can be 1 year-1 year and a half.... Thanks for helping out, it's much appreciated!

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012
Hi All,

I have a quick question.
How long (on average) after medical test, the status "Medicals Received" should appear in the online application status?
The doctor who did the medicals for us said it is e-Medical.

Thank you

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Hey guys....just got our passports back with the PR visas and COPRs ;D ;D ;D....so it took exactly 2 weeks for us to get the PPs back!...
will do our landing sometime this week...:)
thanks to everyone in the forum for your support...:)...i will still visit the forum atleast once a day, and if you guys need to ask anything urgently, just send me a PM!!

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
DanielKevin said:
Thank you for your post. Looks like claiming full time (37+ hrs/week) RA/TA is fine.
But I am still trying to figure out what is the safest number hrs/week as my RA is from 2009 to now and I do not need plenty of points from work experience. Satisfying the minimum work experience is enough for me.
If you don't need the points do not risk by claiming full time RA/TA work experience. 20 hours/week or less is safe. Recently a guy was rejected by Sydney just because of claiming full time RA/TA while enrolled in full-time study. Below you can find his rejection letter from Sydney:

The employment letter signed by ******* from ***** University indicates your research, laboratory work, and teaching assistantship as 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday. However, according to documents provided, you are enrolled in full-time study and, therefore, I am not satisfied that you also obtained full-time work experience for the same time period. Evidence of part A above cannot be established.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
DanielKevin said:
Thank you for your post. Looks like claiming full time (37+ hrs/week) RA/TA is fine.
But I am still trying to figure out what is the safest number hrs/week as my RA is from 2009 to now and I do not need plenty of points from work experience. Satisfying the minimum work experience is enough for me.
Some applicants claimed full time RA and they got acceptance, but we have a case that the VO refused the application for being full time student in the same time, who could anyone work 35+ hours per week while s/he has 15+ hours academic load!
So be in the safe side and claim 20-25 hours, it would be more than enough to get the minimum requirements.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
zebrafish said:
Hi all,
I'm new on this forum. How can we know if the cap for the PhD applications has been reached or how many application have been submitted? I can't find this information on the CIC website :(
thanks if you can help me out!
Don't worry. A new cap started on May 4, 2013 and I think only a few applicants in PhD stream have applied after May 4. So it's very improbable that the cap has been reached. They used to update the cap at the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
If they didn't so, it's maybe because the number of applicants is not substantial yet.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
anjuku said:
Hey guys....just got our passports back with the PR visas and COPRs ;D ;D ;D....so it took exactly 2 weeks for us to get the PPs back!...
thanks to everyone in the forum for your support...:)...i will still visit the forum atleast once a day, and if you guys need to ask anything urgently, just send me a PM!!
Congrats!

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
anjuku said:
Many congratulations anjuku. Thanks for your contribution to the forum.
Must share your landing experience.

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
anjuku said:
Congrats anjuku :)

a_nashed

Star Member
May 12, 2012
Congratulations :D

anjuku said:

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Feb2004 said:
Many congratulations anjuku. Thanks for your contribution to the forum.
Must share your landing experience.
Thank You Feb 2004, mkrp21 and a-nashed..!!...i will definitely share my landing experience :)..good luck to you and everyone else on the forum!!

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
I was required to send the up-to-date police certificate, and since I just got my PhD degree on Jun, I'm going to send several other documents while mailing the police certificate:

-up-to-date police certificate
-proof letter of graduation from the university
-updated reference letter with lead statement and cover the main duties (from supervisor with his signature, may be able to get a department stamp), I will mention that I send this just to update the reference letter since I graduated, and not conflict with the previous reference letter.
-final transcripts

I have several questions regarding to this:
1. In my police certificate, since my parents help me to get the letter in China, and only my Chinese Identification Card is with them, so only my Chinese ID number is shown in the police certificate letter, not my passport number. I got notarized documents for both my police certificate and my Chinese ID card. Is this enough along with a original police certificate (The notarized document of police certificate follow their own template, so it's actually not a direct translate from the original police certificate and not include a photocopy of the original police certificate)? Or I need to find a notarized translator here in Canada to make a direct translate based on the original police certificate?

2. Since a lot posts about the reference letter, I think it's better to update it showing the lead statement and make sure cover the main duties. Is it ok I send it with the same mail as the police certificate requested by Ottawa office? and is it enough that I state it's a updated letter since I'm graduated and not conflicting with the previous one? Is it enough that only signed by my supervisor, or necessary to have department stamp (it's not easy to get the stamp since the secretaries are out quite often during summer)?

3. Is it necessary to include my proof letter of graduation and final transcripts since I recently graduated? I'm staying in Montreal, Quebec right now. And still need to stay for several months to publish my papers, and working as a casual post-doc in the same department. As far as I know, since the PhD stream is under federal immigration system, I should not stay in Quebec, especially I've graduated already. Plan to move to Toronto on October, but haven't got any offer outside of Quebec yet.

I appreciate if anyone have any suggestions and comments on my current situation, and especially on the documents I plan to send with the police certificate required by CPP-Ottawa.

Thanks

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
salam20 said:
Congratulations, my friend, now I guess my application could be the next. Did they ask you for the PCC? When?
Hi Starrysky,

Have you update your Schedule 3 when you send the updated reference letter?

Thanks.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
mapleisland said:
Hi Starrysky,

Have you update your Schedule 3 when you send the updated reference letter?

Thanks.
No. I din't change the new section 3. I don't think I have to cause what was missing in my first letter is the magic word "assist". Although I have further evaluated my job description with more details but the core ideas are the same.

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
starrysky said:
No. I din't change the new section 3. I don't think I have to cause what was missing in my first letter is the magic word "assist". Although I have further evaluated my job description with more details but the core ideas are the same.
Thanks, Starrysky, What you said makes perfect sense.