Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
I already sent them three letters and I am going to prepare forth one.

starrysky said:
All those rejections due to employment letter are getting on my nerve. I have send a new letter to Ottawa 2 months ago as follow, could you guys please help me to have a look on it and let me know if I need to change anything. I could always send the third employment letter to them, right?

To whom it may concern,
This letter is to confirm that XXX has been employed and supervised by me since Sept 1st 2009 as graduate research assistant. Specifically, she worked part time (approximate 25 hours per week) from Sept 1st 2009 to present. In total, she has worked over 4680 hours in my lab by the end of February of 2013.
XXX's main responsibility as a graduate research assistant is to assist me in the research on metastatic XXX cancer. Her research project is to identify XXXXX which could potentially leads to the finding of new therapeutic targets that are urgently needed. Specifically, her main duties in the lab are elaborated as follow:
• Conducting literature search on the topic of XXX and XXXX
• Planning and performing experiments in proving XXX as a novel metastasis-driving gene in XXXX
• Producing, collecting and analyzing research results for grant application (we have just submitted an application on Cancer Research Society Operating Grants) and paper publications (two papers are in preparation for submission in this year)
• Writing and maintaining laboratory notes on every experiments that she has done
• Performing general laboratory tasks to keep the lab functioning properly
• Developing new research protocol for the lab (e.g. XXX, XXX and others)

XXXX is paid with an annual salary of CAD XXX from Sept 2009 till Aug 2011 and CAD XXX from Sept 2011 to present.
If you require further information regarding XXX's employment, I may be contacted at XXX or XXX-XXX-XXXX.

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
8-Mar-2013 - Employment Letter ; 4-Apr-2013 - POF & RCMP
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
23-May-2013; 27-May-2013 - Medicals emailed (by doctor) to CIC
Passport Req..
4-June-2013; Passport sent on 5-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-June-2013; .....Passports rcvd on 21-June-2013
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
asbereth said:
And anjuku, JVJ, congratulations :) Sorry that your good news has come during such a bad time in the forum :(

Also, JVJ, I'm wondering, have you paid your RPRF yet?
Thanks Asbereth !! And you are right about the good news coming at a bad time and I really did not want to update it right away but then looking at the positive side, I thought it might give hope to someone. I feel really bad for all the people getting rejections, I know how they feel as I have myself been so worried past few months. Anyways fortunately for me this battle is almost over and I wish the same for everyone here. This forum has been immensely helpful !!

And I paid my RPRF as soon as I received the request (may 12th).

Just have a question for you, did you send your passports by express post or courier?

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
Really sorry to know, there is infact no consolidation after waiting such long. Its so easy for them to send the per-designed rejection letter within a second, even without caring second time. I have a question, did you submit only your TA/RA experience or other experience as well?
Just RA/TA but it was over 4000 hours

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
asbereth said:
I'm sorry that your application got rejected. Did you apply using only TA/RA experience, and was the rejection based on not meeting the minimum requirements, or was it for less than 67 points? The reasons for rejections are getting sillier and sillier by day.

Just the other day, mahiziya got rejected for having matching job duties, but not leading statement >_< Seriously, maybe we should just copy-paste the NOC job descriptions and leading statement, and so long we really did perform these duties, then it is not misrepresentation Self serving, yes, but not mis-representation. Regarding appeal, aidina successfully got the officer's decision overturned (now, he's facing another scrutiny on proof of funds, but at least he passed selection factor), but that was because he sent an updated letter of reference before the date of assessment.

In your case, since you never sent the updated letter, then you would need to analyze your letter carefully, and see if you have any case at all for appealing. I suggest you do so, and then, while waiting, just submit sponsorship from your common-law (people got their PR in 8 or 9 months). It will be faster than any economic migration classes.

Well, you did have the lead statement, and you did have a lot of job duties. I think it's fine. But I really don't know what these Ottawa guys are thinking sometimes :(

And anjuku, JVJ, congratulations :) Sorry that your good news has come during such a bad time in the forum :(

Also, JVJ, I'm wondering, have you paid your RPRF yet?
There was no mention of me not getting the points. I have 9's across the board for English, age, education are all maxed out on points. For me i am almost certain I meet the lead statement and I have the duties for the teaching assistant hours, but I am not sure whether I stated that the research I did went in to a paper or a prof's paper. That can be the only reason I can think of. I genuinely believe I have grounds for appeal.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Brit_Immigrant said:
There was no mention of me not getting the points. I have 9's across the board for English, age, education are all maxed out on points. For me i am almost certain I meet the lead statement and I have the duties for the teaching assistant hours, but I am not sure whether I stated that the research I did went in to a paper or a prof's paper. That can be the only reason I can think of. I genuinely believe I have grounds for appeal.
Would you please share your reference letter? It would be helpful for others to understand the reason behind the rejection.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
N_O said:
Would you please share your reference letter? It would be helpful for others to understand the reason behind the rejection.
Sure,
I am at work at the moment though I will have to get it when I get home.

I guess i could re-apply as a mining engineer under the new noc's, but can't be bothered with this long winded stream anymore!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
asbereth said:
Seriously, maybe we should just copy-paste the NOC job descriptions and leading statement, and so long we really did perform these duties, then it is not misrepresentation. Self serving, yes, but not mis-representation.
After all these silly rejections, I believe what you said is the best we can do!
I am going to update my reference letters as they do not have the leading statement.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
N_O said:
After all these silly rejections, I believe what you said is the best we can do!
I am going to update my reference letters as they do not have the leading statement.
Sure, and copy and paste from NOC code as I did and worked!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
Sure, and copy and paste from NOC code as I did and worked!
Actually, I thought mine were perfect too! They have all the duties but not the leading statement "Assist professors in research activities"

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Brit_Immigrant said:
Yeah, I really though my letter was good, and I sent supporting evidence. The rejection clearly states it is a lead statement issue not the hours worked.

I will double check everything and maybe speak to a lawyer.

My ecas still states in process - we received your application on May 4th.
sorry about your rejection...what do you mean by supporting evidence?..contracts and T4s?...

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
I want to send updated TA/RA letter but don't know how?!!!
Does any body could help?

I have it ready , duties are copy and past and its mentioned that "Mr. XXXX has worked at least 40 hours per week, where he has assisted me in research activities."

Is it ok ?

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
anjuku said:
sorry about your rejection...what do you mean by supporting evidence?..contracts and T4s?...
I sent t4's and t4a's. I never received any contracts from my department so couldn't send them. They didn't have any issue with the hours verification. It was simply the job description/lead statement miss-match on the rejection letter.

My lead statement was: "xxx worked under my supervision in a research assistant role from xxx to xxx and in a teaching assistant capacity between xxx and xxx under my supervision". Based on my rejection, that does not match the lead statement they wanted, although the lead statement states that post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors in teaching and research activities. How is working under my professors supervision not assisting him?

I am lost for words!

Luigiovemma

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
Brit_Immigrant said:
I sent t4's and t4a's. I never received any contracts from my department so couldn't send them. They didn't have any issue with the hours verification. It was simply the job description/lead statement miss-match on the rejection letter.

My lead statement was: "xxx worked under my supervision in a research assistant role from xxx to xxx and in a teaching assistant capacity between xxx and xxx under my supervision". Based on my rejection, that does not match the lead statement they wanted, although the lead statement states that post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors in teaching and research activities. How is working under my professors supervision not assisting him?

I am lost for words!
Sorry to hear about your rejection. If you read my earlier posts, I was rejected for pretty much the same reason. I also had a long, detailed reference letter from my supervisor, except missing the magic words "assist the professor in research...". For your record, I did appeal (or it's more like an email inquiry). The reply I got was that my letter only indicates I did research for my thesis, but NOT ASSIST my supervisor...Anyways, it's stupid and frustrating, but I'm not sure what else we can do.