+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
salam20 said:
1) Do I need to provide proof of fund from inside Canada only? I need to provide from back home to show sufficient funds for 2 persons on the application.

2) I have a Canadian child. Do I need to show ore funds, I mean for three?
Proof for all 3 people is needed. You can provide the proof from your home country. There is no obligation on that except it must be available, easily transferable, and unencumbered by any debt.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
mkrp21 said:
I agree that second line appears when they start PROCESSING your application. It means that your file is in the hands of a CPO and
(s)he is going to decide your fate. However, I dont agree that it wont show up untill they confirm your eligibility. You may get POF request, medical request or any other doc request once they start processing your application and your second line should appear. In my case, second line appeared at the time of POF request.
Ya, that's interesting that the date that shows up on your second line corresponds to the date you got POF request. Can you tell us which department you got the document request email from? Was it RK6165 or FA01772 (or somebody else)? I'm trying to determine some sort of a pattern here :)

I passed selection factor on Feb 26 (this was the date indicated by my GCMS notes, and the date I received my POF and PCC request), but did not pass eligibility until March 21. The date indicated by my second line was March 21 (though the second line did not appear until March 26ish), and this corresponds to the date I passed eligibility (according to my GCMS notes), and I got my medical the day after (March 22).

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
asbereth said:
But then again, they may have changed the process yet again in your case, since, based on when you applied, I find it hard to believe that they have not yet made any assessment on your file against the selection factor. On what date exactly you applied for GCMS, and on what date did you get document request? I hope you applied for GCMS less than one week before you got document request (if not, then apply once again for GCMS now)...
POF request: April 26
OttPilot confirmed receipt of my POF: April 30
Applied for GCMS notes: May 1

So I definitely should have some remarks regarding the document request.

yahia_ahmed

Apr 16, 2013
My application has been received in Sydney on April 4th 2013, and the fees have been charged on April 8th 2013.
I did not get any response from their side.

I'm not sure what is the problem. I sent experience letter for 4 years working as a Teaching assistant and lecturer from my home country.
Also I did a military service...Do you think this may delay the processing of my application in this stage I mean in Sydney !!!!!!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
yahia_ahmed said:
My application has been received in Sydney on April 4th 2013, and the fees have been charged on April 8th 2013.

I'm not sure what is the problem. I sent experience letter for 4 years working as a Teaching assistant and lecturer from my home country.
Also I did a military service...Do you think this may delay the processing of my application in this stage I mean in Sydney !!!!!!
Not at all. No security check is done at this level. However, you should have been contacted so far, as my application was received on April 24th, and PER was issued on May 6th.

Luigiovemma

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
Finally, after a long waiting (~50 days...), they replied my inquiry regarding the rejection. I've posted my RA letter here before. For those who do not remember my case, please just check my previous posts. Long story short, the case is closed. Regarding the RA referefence letter, the lesson learnt is to emphasize that you "assist your professor", even though it is your thesis...

Here is the response I got:

"Your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class was considered on its substantive merits but was refused. You were provided with the decision containing the reasons for refusal of this application in our message thereby fully concluding this application. The documents you provided do not list actions which are described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected. We note that it does not mention that you assist university professors in research activities, but rather your main duties were conducting research and report writing, especially your doctoral thesis."

Anyways, I'll plan to apply under CEC once I get my one-year work experience with my work permit. Tired of playing with the word games. Good luck to the rest in the forum!!

yahia_ahmed

Apr 16, 2013
aidina said:
Not at all. No security check is done at this level. However, you should have been contacted so far, as my application was received on April 24th, and PER was issued on May 6th.
Thank you for your reply...I do not know what I should do right now.
I think I should send them an email, but I could not get any contacts from the website.
If anyone know their email, please, send it to me.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
yahia_ahmed said:

It might be a general delay. Sydney should not go into military records. I think its that time of the year. Even last year they went slow around this time. Even other members too are stuck. But definitely military service record will have an impact on criminality from any country as Canada has a strong doctrine against war crimes etc.

Keep us posted and best of luck.

yahia_ahmed

Apr 16, 2013
Stuck In Quebec said:
It might be a general delay. Sydney should not go into military records. I think its that time of the year. Even last year they went slow around this time. Even other members too are stuck. But definitely military service record will have an impact on criminality from any country as Canada has a strong doctrine against war crimes etc.

Keep us posted and best of luck.
I do not know...I was thinking that my email was written incorrectly, but I checked my application and it is OK !!!
Do u think they may get my email incorrectly by mistake????

Also, I have a friend who applied on this program and they replied after around 1 month from Sydney with rejection, as the duties in his experience letter do not match with NOC.

It seems they check some documents in Sydney before forwarding the file to Ottawa.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
yahia_ahmed said:
I do not know...I was thinking that my email was written incorrectly, but I checked my application and it is OK !!!
Do u think they may get my email incorrectly by mistake????

Also, I have a friend who applied on this program and they replied after around 1 month from Sydney with rejection, as the duties in his experience letter do not match with NOC.

It seems they check some documents in Sydney before forwarding the file to Ottawa.
They do check for sure. Atleast they should have changed the protocol now as many rejections were happening at CPP-O level. Mine was returned because of incomplete codes the first time. So they check the completeness and then send further ahead to assess for PER and then to VO. I would wait for a bit before contacting them. You don't even have a file number, so they might not respond. On an average they take a month +, some get in days, some upto 3 months like me. Give it a week or so is what I would say.

zhangl64

May 9, 2013
Hi guys,

I read the immigration tracker on google doc., seems like all the applications sent in April 2012 have been stuck before "doc requested". Personally, I sent my package in April 2012 and got PER soon, however, I keep reading this from CIC online status checking in a year:

"we received your application on April 23, 2012"

It seems like many applications after April have been processed to the next step, only those in April are not so "lucky"? Does anyone know why? THX.πß

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
asbereth said:
Ya, that's interesting that the date that shows up on your second line corresponds to the date you got POF request. Can you tell us which department you got the document request email from? Was it RK6165 or FA01772 (or somebody else)? I'm trying to determine some sort of a pattern here :)
:D I think first two letters are just first letters of Name of the officer processing your file. my Inbox is a mess now, I cant find my POF request mail. But if I remember correctly it was SP17-- I cant remember last two digits. I am sure there are more than 3 or 4 processing officers. So it is hard to find a pattern. Good Luck, may be you can find some :)

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Luigiovemma said:
Finally, after a long waiting (~50 days...), they replied my inquiry regarding the rejection. I've posted my RA letter here before. For those who do not remember my case, please just check my previous posts. Long story short, the case is closed. Regarding the RA referefence letter, the lesson learnt is to emphasize that you "assist your professor", even though it is your thesis...

Here is the response I got:

"Your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class was considered on its substantive merits but was refused. You were provided with the decision containing the reasons for refusal of this application in our message thereby fully concluding this application. The documents you provided do not list actions which are described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected. We note that it does not mention that you assist university professors in research activities, but rather your main duties were conducting research and report writing, especially your doctoral thesis."

Anyways, I'll plan to apply under CEC once I get my one-year work experience with my work permit. Tired of playing with the word games. Good luck to the rest in the forum!!
So let me get this straight - your letter lists the duties as per NOC 4012 including the lines

"assist professors in the analysis of results and the preparation of journal articles or papers"

and

"Organize reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by university professors or college teachers for lectures"

in which it is clearly mentioned that you ASSIST professors in the duties, but because these magic words are not listed a SECOND time somewhere in the introduction, they deem your work as not in line in NOC 4012? This is nitpicking, pathetic, and infuriating. It just demonstrates the lengths at which the Conservative government is willing to go to deny immigration to individuals who will least likely vote for them. This is it for me: I am withdrawing my application and will not reapply until a new government is voted.