+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Gils

Jun 23, 2012
Dear Seniors,

Hi, i'm hoping to get some input here from you guys. I will be enroling for a PhD program at Canada next year. May I know when can I apply for FSW through the PhD stream? Does it have to be after the 2nd year of my studies or it could be right away?

Thanks guys

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Gils said:
Dear Seniors,

Hi, i'm hoping to get some input here from you guys. I will be enroling for a PhD program at Canada next year. May I know when can I apply for FSW through the PhD stream? Does it have to be after the 2nd year of my studies or it could be right away?

Thanks guys
For you it's too earlier to consider this stream. No one can assure you this stream will still exist at that time. The current policy is at least two years of PhD study.

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Hi all,
I have been asked for the POF. There is a large deposit(~5K) in my account however it was for about 3 months ago. I had some money in my country and my parents changed that and sent it to me.

Now I want to ask my parents to write a letter explaining that there is no obligation for me to return this money , I have 2 option:
1) saying that this money was mine and my parents changed and sent it to me
2) saying that this is my parent's money that they give me as support and there no obligation to return

Which of these options do you think is better and I should put in my letter? are both of them OK or they do not accept it if it is my parent's money?
Another thing is that this money was mine but it was not in a bank account under my name, and I wonder if I claimed it that this money was mine, the immigration office will ask me to show them the bank statement of my account in my country! do you think they may do that and ask?!

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
nima2000 said:
Hi all,
I have been asked for the POF. There is a large deposit(~5K) in my account however it was for about 3 months ago. I had some money in my country and my parents changed that and sent it to me.

Now I want to ask my parents to write a letter explaining that there is no obligation for me to return this money , I have 2 option:
1) saying that this money was mine and my parents changed and sent it to me
2) saying that this is my parent's money that they give me as support and there no obligation to return

Which of these options do you think is better and I should put in my letter? are both of them OK or they do not accept it if it is my parent's money?
Another thing is that this money was mine but it was not in a bank account under my name, and I wonder if I claimed it that this money was mine, the immigration office will ask me to show them the bank statement of my account in my country! do you think they may do that and ask?!
In my opinion affidavit is better that the letter. Ask for affidavit from your parents.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rgb said:
I did put academia too. Thanks.
I think you should put "member of the public". I checked what they mean by academia, and it means that you are going to use this data for research purposes. member of the public, on the other hand, is just for personal use.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
nima2000 said:
Ok! do you have any kind of template for that?
Why don't you ask a lawyer? He would give you a formal letter, that mostly would work better than you write it by yourself!

You said that the large deposit (5K) was before 3 months, this means that you had 9K almost all the time, and you didn't deposit any money after they requested you to send the bank statement, so they may not ask you to explain. They asked MASOUD2011 to explain that, since the large deposit was after they requested the bank statement. However, be ready with the affidavit!

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think I see a pattern in the tracker. Those who are applying for the second time are getting document/medical request later than first-timers. Seems that they process the first time applications faster. Do you guys agree?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Houra said:
I think I see a pattern in the tracker. Those who are applying for the second time are getting document/medical request later than first-timers. Seems that they process the first time applications faster. Do you guys agree?
Maybe they included everything, so the immigration guys do not need anything from them. I think most of the second time applicants send 6 months bank statement, which usually be requested first.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
N_O said:
Maybe they included everything, so the immigration guys do not need anything from them. I think most of the second time applicants send 6 months bank statement, which usually be requested first.
hmm... good point! maybe!

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Houra said:
I think you should put "member of the public". I checked what they mean by academia, and it means that you are going to use this data for research purposes. member of the public, on the other hand, is just for personal use.
Thanks, that makes sense, but is a little late. I already sent the request. Hope it works.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Any good news April applicants?

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
I put academia and it went through.
rgb said:
Thanks, that makes sense, but is a little late. I already sent the request. Hope it works.