App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Good news. They added the third line saying they got my medicals today. Let's see how long it takes for them to send me further requests.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
TyrusX said:
Good news. They added the third line saying they got my medicals today. Let's see how long it takes for them to send me further requests.
Congrat. I hope they work today. It is my due date today.

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
8-Mar-2013 - Employment Letter ; 4-Apr-2013 - POF & RCMP
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
23-May-2013; 27-May-2013 - Medicals emailed (by doctor) to CIC
Passport Req..
4-June-2013; Passport sent on 5-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-June-2013; .....Passports rcvd on 21-June-2013
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
TyrusX said:
Finally the long awaited update.....Congratulations!!! ;D

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
Congrats man... Hope its smooth sailing from here on for you

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Got Medical Request Today! (I just got request for POF yesterday, it's a little bit strange)
It appears they are still working.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
smallkick said:
Got Medical Request Today! (I just got request for POF yesterday, it's a little bit strange)
It appears they are still working.
That is very strange. Did you send them POF?

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
aidina said:
That is very strange. Did you send them POF?
Not Yet... So that's why it's strange.

But couple weeks ago we also submitted to application to renew our Study/work Permit and attached our POF in the application as well. Maybe they share the same system and could also see that kind of proof?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
smallkick said:
Not Yet... So that's why it's strange.

But couple weeks ago we also submitted to application to renew our Study/work Permit and attached our POF in the application as well. Maybe they share the same system and could also see that kind of proof?
Then why did they ask you it yesterday. I do not think so. Anyway, congrat.

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
It's back on. I'm kind of unsure If we should pay before hand.
We paid it yesterday and received medical request today. I think if you pay it now you will get passport request tomorrow :p hahaha

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Congratulations for medical requests and other things :D I hope we'll keep hearing good news after another within the next couple of days.

aidina said:
Is this regulation you quoted valid for the applications submitted after Feb. 27, 2008? If so, may you please provide the link!
OP6B is valid current federal skilled work applications, and is recent as of March 22 2012 (last year). Check page 33 for guidelines on how officer should award work experience points.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06b-eng.pdf

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
asbereth said:
Congratulations for medical requests and other things :D I hope we'll keep hearing good news after another within the next couple of days.

OP6B is valid current federal skilled work applications, and is recent as of March 22 2012 (last year). Check page 33 for guidelines on how officer should award work experience points.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06b-eng.pdf
At the end of page 24:

"Applicants who applied under the AEO or PhD stream are determined to meet the MI because
they have an offer of arranged employment, or have two years completed towards their PhD
and are in good standing or have completed their PhD in the past 12 months. The CIO does
not verify that the applicant holds one year of continuous experience in a NOC 0, A or B when
making a final MI eligibility determination. As such, for these applications, minimal
requirements is assessed after a final eligibility determination has been made at the CIO."

Did you get it?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
aidina said:
Is this regulation you quoted valid for the applications submitted after Feb. 27, 2008? If so, may you please provide the link!
The following paragraph is listed in page 37 on pdf file of OP6b FSW (just before Section 10: Procedure: Selection decision)
if the applicant or their spouse or common-law partner completes further study, works in Canada, arranges employment in Canada, or gains relatives in Canada between application and assessment, and submits the necessary documentation, points must be awarded accordingly.
I guess that makes sense. Based on that, I can send a new work expereince letter up to date to get more points, in fact, I will send them a new letter every month untill they start assessment. That will be the only advantage for long waiting; gaining more work experience.

Would TyrusX like to update us on his opinion?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
salam20 said:
The following paragraph is listed in page 37 on pdf file of OP6b FSW (just before Section 10: Procedure: Selection decision)
I guess that makes sense. Based on that, I can send a new work expereince letter up to date to get more points, in fact, I will send them a new letter every month untill they start assessment. That will be to only advantage of long waiting; gaining more work experience.

Yes, you can send it.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
At the end of page 24:

"Applicants who applied under the AEO or PhD stream are determined to meet the MI because
they have an offer of arranged employment, or have two years completed towards their PhD
and are in good standing or have completed their PhD in the past 12 months. The CIO does
not verify that the applicant holds one year of continuous experience in a NOC 0, A or B when
making a final MI eligibility determination. As such, for these applications, minimal
requirements is assessed after a final eligibility determination has been made at the CIO."

Did you get it?
It means that the CIO is not responsible to check whether our reference letters contain all the duties listed in the NOC or not, they just make sure that the applications have all the required documents. So we have to wait for a whole year to see whether it is approved or not.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
salam20 said:
I guess that makes sense. Based on that, I can send a new work expereince letter up to date to get more points, in fact, I will send them a new letter every month untill they start assessment. That will be the only advantage for long waiting; gaining more work experience.

Well, the thing is, what the hell is assessment anyways. But why not try? Just send everything you got with an explanation letter.