19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
salam20 said:
Can I get medical exam done and sent to CPP before without their request?

2) I got a new born baby, will I get any points for that?
No, you can't do medical exam before requested.
2). Yes you get points, but you need to be fast as they may change this rules with the new regulations. We discussed this before here.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
No, you can't do medical exam before requested.
2). Yes you get points, but you need to be fast as they may change this rules with the new regulations. We discussed this before here.
I second aidina and TyrusX about your kid. Submit documentation to prove that the baby is indeed yours AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, and they will give you 5 adaptability points. This is assuming, of course, that Ottawa has not yet assessed your file, but I don't think that would be a problem (since you haven't heard back from them yet).

Congratulations by the way :)

if the applicant or their spouse or common-law partner completes further study, works in Canada, arranges employment in Canada, or gains relatives in Canada between application and assessment, and submits the necessary documentation, points must be awarded accordingly.
Regarding doing medical before request, it is actually possible to do so, BUT you must LAND before one year after you do your medical, else you would have to redo it again, so it's not so advisable to do it before they request.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
I second aidina and TyrusX on your kid. Submit documentation to prove that the baby is indeed yours AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, and they will give you 5 adaptability points. This is assuming, of course, that Ottawa has not yet assessed your file, but I don't think that would be a problem (since you haven't heard back from them yet).

Regarding doing medical before request, it is actually possible to do so, BUT you must LAND before one year after you do your medical, else you would have to redo it again, so it's not so advisable to do it before they request.
No, you can't do you medical before request, they need to send you the form. I don't think doctors will do it without one.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
No, you can't do you medical before request, they need to send you the form. I don't think doctors will do it without one.
I think there is a thread somewhere here by qorax, which gives intructions on how to do medical without request. But as I said, the results were only valid for 1 year, so must complete the whole procedure in a year else you have to re-medical. I could be wrong though.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
I would advise against it, but you are right:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t73722.0.html

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
asbereth said:
I second aidina and TyrusX about your kid. Submit documentation to prove that the baby is indeed yours AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, and they will give you 5 adaptability points. This is assuming, of course, that Ottawa has not yet assessed your file, but I don't think that would be a problem (since you haven't heard back from them yet).

Regarding the baby born in Canada. Just FYI, I didn't get the 5 points according to my CAIPS report. May be I'm an exception.
It's safe not to count on it at all.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
smallkick said:
Regarding the baby born in Canada. Just FYI, I didn't get the 5 points according to my CAIPS report. May be I'm an exception.
It's safe not to count on it at all.
I remember we discussed this before. They seem to have changed the regulations so that they will only accept adult kids born in Canada, in order to discourage anchor babies. But I recall that the rule was not in vigor yet, so maybe you should drop them an e-mail to verify.

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
TyrusX said:
I remember we discussed this before. They seem to have changed the regulations so that they will only accept adult kids born in Canada, in order to discourage anchor babies. But I recall that the rule was not in vigor yet, so maybe you should drop them an e-mail to verify.
I don't want to bother contacting them as it's not very important to me.
Nowadays I'm much concerned with my work reference letter as it's too brief.
I guess I will be the next one to receive the rejection letter. Anyway I just hope them to reject me ASAP so that I have enough time to prepare the next application before they change the policy.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
smallkick said:
I guess I will be the next one to receive the rejection letter. Anyway I just hope them to reject me ASAP so that I have enough time to prepare the next application before they change the policy.
Why not prepare it anyways. You have 35 days.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
smallkick said:
I think you're fine, man. Prepare an explanation letter for your TA/RA descriptions, and send it to them (remember, OP6b states that they will consider work experience for which there is documentation between application and assessment time).

And while waiting, prepare for new application (just in case, but God forbid), especially police certificates. Even if you will not be rejected, if they ask again for PCC, then you will save a lot of time.

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
asbereth said:
I think you're fine, man. Prepare an explanation letter for your TA/RA descriptions, and send it to them (remember, OP6b states that they will consider work experience for which there is documentation between application and assessment time).

And while waiting, prepare for new application (just in case, but God forbid), especially police certificates. Even if you will not be rejected, if they ask again for PCC, then you will save a lot of time.
Thank you for the suggestions. Maybe I'm too lazy to do anyting, and just wait for rejection. :(

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
smallkick said:
There are lot of things to do to prepare the application materials.
It's not easy to decide just give up or reapply.
If I were you, I would e-mail them a more detailed reference letter today. It might work. I see you applied on March 14, but they may not contact you by the next week, and that should be long enough for them to read your e-mail. Give it a try instead of waiting for your rejection.

YNS

Mar 22, 2012
Does anybody know if it is possible to apply under this PhD stream from outside of Canada? If yes, should I still send my application to Sydney office?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
smallkick said:
There are lot of things to do to prepare the application materials.
It's not easy to decide just give up or reapply.
Tips for future applicants. Do everything tripled. So you need to apply again, you have extra copies of all your documents.