+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

kevin001

Mar 7, 2013
Hey,

Recently I got mail form Ottawa office that they can`t accept my job experiences, neither TA/RA as duties not mentioned in university letter, nor my job experience from back home, as duties do not match with what mentioned in NOC. I have applied last year and Sydney office accepted my application. So I am wondering you guys have any suggestion or same experience?

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
kevin001 said:
Hey,

Recently I got mail form Ottawa office that they can`t accept my job experiences, neither TA/RA as duties not mentioned in university letter, nor my job experience from back home, as duties do not match with what mentioned in NOC. I have applied last year and Sydney office accepted my application. So I am wondering you guys have any suggestion or same experience?
Your job duties mention in your reference letters should match with duties specified with corresponding NOC code.

Hope you need to reapply with proper reference letter. (Key words: joining date, hours per week, salary, job duties, details of signing authority with official stamp)

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
8-Mar-2013 - Employment Letter ; 4-Apr-2013 - POF & RCMP
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
23-May-2013; 27-May-2013 - Medicals emailed (by doctor) to CIC
Passport Req..
4-June-2013; Passport sent on 5-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-June-2013; .....Passports rcvd on 21-June-2013
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
Ok Guys...Finally some movement for the late Feb applicants :)...I just received a document request from CIC :)

Another good news is they requested Employment reference letter because the one I sent with my application didi not have no. of hours worked. So after following this wonderful blog started by you wonderful people, I realized that my application can be rejected because work experience is missing total hours worked, so I emailed them another letter in the end of January and there was a mention of that letter received in my CAIPS notes. So, I am glad that they did not reject my application. I am just going to qoute the mail that I received.

" This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø 4869572 - JVJ:

Ø > Employment Reference Letter: A letter of reference from the University of Calgary specifying the dates and hours worked as a Research Assistant. This must be received at this office by: 04/06/2013

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada."""

My quick question, besides making sure the new reference letter has no. of hours, are there any other features (like seals, stamps) I need to have on the letter. I mean of course, the rest of the text of the letter remains the same as the before. The letter that I initially sent was from my department manager. Do they prefer one from Graduate studies or my supervisor directly or should i still get it from the department as I did earlier. Tyrus I would really appreciate your input in this matter along with our other members.

Another thing that I find surprising is, they did not ask for PCC, I sent them one in late Jan because they were expiring sometime in Feb. In CAIPS, the status as of feb 28 was - not started. SO, by now they have expired. SO why did they not ask me for PCC at the same time..anyways, who knows how they work.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Uwindsor2009 said:
Your job duties mention in your reference letters should match with duties specified with corresponding NOC code.

Hope you need to reapply with proper reference letter. (Key words: joining date, hours per week, salary, job duties, details of signing authority with official stamp)
i also think re-applying is your best bet!..by the wa can you share our timeline plzz..

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
Oh sorry for this huge message :eek: but thanks for taking time to read it :)

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
JVJ said:
Ok Guys...Finally some movement for the late Feb applicants :)...I just received a document request from CIC :)

Another good news is they requested Employment reference letter because the one I sent with my application didi not have no. of hours worked. So after following this wonderful blog started by you wonderful people, I realized that my application can be rejected because work experience is missing total hours worked, so I emailed them another letter in the end of January and there was a mention of that letter received in my CAIPS notes. So, I am glad that they did not reject my application. I am just going to qoute the mail that I received.

" This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø 4869572 - JVJ:

Ø > Employment Reference Letter: A letter of reference from the University of Calgary specifying the dates and hours worked as a Research Assistant. This must be received at this office by: 04/06/2013

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

My quick question, besides making sure the new reference letter has no. of hours, are there any other features (like seals, stamps) I need to have on the letter. I mean of course, the rest of the text of the letter remains the same as the before. The letter that I initially sent was from my department manager. Do they prefer one from Graduate studies or my supervisor directly or should i still get it from the department as I did earlier. Tyrus I would really appreciate your input in this matter along with our other members.

Another thing that I find surprising is, they did not ask for PCC, I sent them one in late Jan because they were expiring sometime in Feb. In CAIPS, the status as of feb 28 was - not started. SO, by now they have expired. SO why did they not ask me for PCC at the same time..anyways, who knows how they work.

Just a quick question...so you said you e-mailed them a letter in January..did that letter include your hours etc??...if so why are they requesting it again?

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
anjuku said:
Just a quick question...so you said you e-mailed them a letter in January..did that letter include your hours etc??...if so why are they requesting it again?
Anju, the only reason I can think of is that, they probably want a hard copy. And Yes, the new one that I sent had the total hours worked info.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
JVJ said:
Anju, the only reason I can think of is that, they probably want a hard copy. And Yes, the new one that I sent had the total hours worked info.
This is definitely a good news :) It's good to see how they're asking your for documents rather than just flatly rejecting it. Remember to write the new letter to contain non-contradictory information compared to your January letter. Congratulations :) It does look like that they have at least verified your work experience by the time they send people out document request.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
JVJ said:

Ø 4869572 - JVJ:

Please note:

I am happy for you and myself of course since I am experiencing the same situation. They have not asked for PCC perhaps they first want to verify your original reference letter. What happened to you confirms the comment I made here a while ago. Whoever has something missing or incomplete in his application, must provide it to Ottawa in an e-mail before get contacted. If you are rejected, there would be no further chance. It is what I was told by the CIC call centre agent and two immigration consultants. Congrat! You just need to send the hard copy of your second reference letter.

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
Thanks Aidina and Asberth :). Aidina I think I missed your precious comment but I just took my chances and sent them an email. I am glad I did that. And Congrats to you too.

Now I am just being very cautious and want to get it right in the first go so my quick question, besides making sure the new reference letter has no. of hours, are there any other features (like seals, stamps) I need to have on the letter. I mean of course, the rest of the text of the letter remains the same as the before. The letter that I initially sent was from my department manager. Do they prefer one from Graduate studies or my supervisor directly or should i still get it from the department as I did earlier.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
JVJ said:
Thanks Aidina and Asberth :). Aidina I think I missed your precious comment but I just took my chances and sent them an email. I am glad I did that. And Congrats to you too.

Now I am just being very cautious and want to get it right in the first go so my quick question, besides making sure the new reference letter has no. of hours, are there any other features (like seals, stamps) I need to have on the letter. I mean of course, the rest of the text of the letter remains the same as the before. The letter that I initially sent was from my department manager. Do they prefer one from Graduate studies or my supervisor directly or should i still get it from the department as I did earlier.
This is good news. Hopefully more 2nd half of Feb will get emails. So that things move on and then spill over to Mar 2012 applicants

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
JVJ said:
-Employment Reference Letter: A letter of reference from the University of Calgary specifying the dates and hours worked as a Research Assistant. This must be received at this office by: "

Ok. So here a few things that may we can't ignore: A letter of reference from the University of Calgary. I would say, talk to your supervisor, see how he pays you. Did you sign a contract? Get a copy of it. Talk to his secretary and someone from your department to see if they can do that for you. Maybe see with human resources. It may work differently from each department, I did sign a contract for RAship, and I actually got my supervisor secretary to print a detailed description and got him to sign. All of this on a Embossed UofC paper. If possible, stamped with some uofc Logo. They want formal evidence, so give them that, ask yourself, if I was a visa officer, what kind of problems I would look on this document? But the thing is, it is a " letter of reference" so it seems they may be requesting some form of perfomance evaluation from your supervisor as well. Get him to write something, he is performing this duties x and Y and he is perfoming then well and in a professional way. etc. Good luck and congrats!

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
kg.jadu, moonbow2010,

how bout you guys? any news?

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
JVJ said:
thanks!...and congrats on the document request!..atleast some movement again!!

Victory 2013

Jan 11, 2013
Hello Guys,

Quick question. CPP Ottawa has requested me the proof of bank statement and last six month of bank activity. I have three option to show my proof of fund. I will prove either one from your kind suggestions.

(1) My brother has money in his account around $45,000 since last one year. Thus, I have joined my account with him on last month. And now, I can get the last six month bank history under my name. Is is valid ?

(2) Moreover, I have a house (value $500,000 but mortgaged (equity $100,000)) under my name. Is the property documents valid?

(3) Or My house and my own account together (However, I don't have $14,000 from last six month in my account)

Which is the best options from three of above ?

Please help me guys, I have only several days left to submit the documents. Thanks to all in advance